I had booked the trip on the travel agents recommendation , then had a chance to read the reviews on the weekend . I was concerned to say the least ! We arrived after a 2 hr + bus ride ( new airport being built 10 min away ) . The rooms are nicely appointed with a zenish feel about them . It looks like they were built with the potential for time share or condo sale . If you book a premium room , you will get the second bedroom of the suite , it has an unappealing view to the outside . The suites have a balcony with a beautiful view of the water and pool area . Spend the extra money for a suite ! I found staff to be courteous and drink wait times short , with a heavy pour . The resort has a few North American tourists , but the bulk of the people were from central and South America . Even though English was not widely spoken , we had no problems to order drinks or food . The food coincided with what we expected given the cost of the resort , and at many times exceeded our expectation . There was a good selection of music playing at all times , and an excellent band at night . The rooms were sound proof to the outside , but there was noise between the suite and the locked off bedroom . There is complimentary wifi all around resort including the pool area with a strong signal and fast speeds .The only disappointment was the health club , but other than us , there was not a lot of interest . It forced us to be creative in our workouts . The resort is isolated , the weather is perfect , as are the views . If you are looking for a great place to relax , enjoy the weather , and recharge the batteries , this is a great place to do it .
- Also Known As:
- Royalton Panama Luxury Hotel Farallon
- Royalton Panama Luxury Hotel
- Wyndham Grand Playa Blanca Panama/Farallon
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- From the moment you step into the spacious and elegant lobby of the Royalton Panama Beach Resort, the simplistic, modern design of the furnishings, combined with the extensive use of beautiful wood accents, sets a tone of understated excellence for your stay. The resort welcomes you and immediately begins to restore and enrich your senses. All five senses will respond to the beauty and serenity. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, BookIt.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Tingo and Otel so you can book your Wyndham Grand Playa Blanca reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.