First, to be fair with the hotel administration, we should say it's been a "Wyndham" for the last 3 months. Before, it was a Royalton during 2 years and before that (which probably was their prime) it was a Nikki Beach property. But a sign that says " WYNDHAM " don't take three months to make.
No valet parking, no shade parking. Three golf karts blocking the entrance to the hotel. Don't they know that accesibility is second only to location? This hotel is in the "Dry Arch" and when it doesn't rain, it gets very hot.
I suggest you make your reservations thru the Wyndham site, trust me. We reserved a "Suite A". When we got to the hotel, the girl at reception (with very good manners and a smile on her face) was going to give me a "de luxe" room. Fortunately I had a print out of my confirmed reservation with the Wyndham site. I had to wait but I got my suite. Very atractive, everything operational, probably from the Nikki Beach times.
The beach facilities look Nikki Beach; still, they need an uplift, I suppose the hotel will do it in the future. We had a good time. The hotel was working easily on 10% occupancy. We like that.
This is an all inclusive operation. It has 4 restaurants. One, a self serve restaurant (and the only one) for breakfast, but in order to get to the restaurant you have to walk thru the gardens and swimming pools, this is Panama, it rains nine months a year, there is no way you can get your breakfast in a rainy day if you don't get wet first, some rooms have an umbrella, others don't, ours had a "Royalton" umbrella, it helped buy we got wet anyway.
Two, was something similar to a gourmet restaurant (the portions were defenitly gourmet) it's called "Senses", the restaurant looked run down, the people working the facility were ineficient (with a smile on their faces) and I was sorry that I choose this restaurant instead one of the others. We ask for a glass of wine, and had to wait 15 minutes to get it (there were only six parties in the restaurant!!). Number three is in the lobby and we didn't try it. Four was the best, it's by the swimming pool and after 7pm becomes an Italian restaurant. Unfortunately, and Italian restaurant, without (at least) Parmesan cheese ? It's strange way to run a business.
Maid service was prompt and courteous, but we had to request it. Why ?
This is the fourth Hotel in Playa Blanca, that I have visited, the rooms, beach, swimming pool, bar, was very good. The personnel attitude very positive and cordial. The restaurants need help. They need to solve their problems and not expect that guests, just accept it and feel happy about it.
It's fabulous to have personnel with a smile and a desire to help, but lacking the tools to achieve superior service.
MEDTRAV point of view.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- From the moment you step into the spacious and elegant lobby of the Royalton Panama Beach Resort, the simplistic, modern design of the furnishings, combined with the extensive use of beautiful wood accents, sets a tone of understated excellence for your stay. The resort welcomes you and immediately begins to restore and enrich your senses. All five senses will respond to the beauty and serenity. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, BookIt.com, Wyndham, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Travelocity, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Wyndham Grand Playa Blanca reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Royalton Panama Luxury Hotel Farallon
- Wyndham Grand Playa Blanca Panama/Farallon