“Very nice stay” 5 of 5 stars

Perla Real Inn
Paseo Urraca 50 | Pearl Islands Panama, Panama Province, Panama   |
“Very nice stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We were thrilled at the laid back feel and the helpfulness of Maria Jose, Marcela and Carlos. Their top priority is the comfort of their guests.

the room was very comfortable and we appreciated the fact that all the staff were willing to drive us to any nook of the island. Maria Jose organized a fantastic fishing trip for me an then even directed me to Rincon resto to prepare the incredible fish with all the fixins.

I highly recommend this place and while there, we were thrilled to hear that the ownership group will now run Villa Romantica. Keep up the great work!

• Stayed November 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Fort Wayne
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

My mom and I had the amazing pleasure of staying at Perla Real Inn from 11/17/14-11/20. I have stayed in big resorts in all parts of the world and this is one little gem that I will be sure to visit once again. Isla Contadora for starters is a small island where you feel SAFE and where you can explore without the fear of cars or feeling like there are so many people you cannot enjoy the peace and quiet. This is a small island and when you think of how difficult it is to bring everything to the island/inn to make your stay so comfortable, you will be amazed.

Perla Real is amazing because of the owner, Maria Jose, and the staff Marcela and Carlos. Their attention to detail and to making your stay special is beyond what words or this review can truly explain. You will not regret choosing Perla Real!

Your mindset has to be one of total peace and tranquility when you stay here. They have cozy rooms, beautiful patio/hot tub, yummy food (breakfast included, you can purchase lunch or dinner and they deliver lunch to your beach of choice!), and go out of their way to make you feel comfortable.

B&B is close to the two best beaches and the B&B has umbrellas/chairs/coolers for you to take with you. I did explore the island by foot (we walked everywhere - it is hilly and you get great exercise) and also by kayak ($30 for 2 hours) around the whole island. Many activities for you to choose! Also, food is plentiful and quite good. One thing that I would remember for the next trip (yes, there will be a next time) will be to NOT pack so much stuff (you don't need hardly anything!) and to pack snacks/drinks that I truly enjoy (M&Ms, twizzlers, and good wine).

We are so happy to have met these three amazing people that we consider friends and cannot wait for our return

Jessica (Adela) Escobar

Room Tip: We had room #6, second floor/end of the hallway. Very private and quiet! King size bed, air conditio...
Panama City, Panama, Panama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2014

My husband and I stayed two nights and three days with our 1 year old baby. Perla Real is THE PLACE TO CHOOSE. No other hotels in the island can offer such excellent attention, such cozy rooms and such a wonderful patio. Perla Real is close to every beach and next door neighbor to the best restaurant in the island (you can ask for delivery and eat at the hotel's patio). Maria Jose, the owner and manager, is a very kind venezuelan who is willing to go the extra mile to make you feel welcome and happy. The rest of the staff, Marcela, Matilde and Carlos, are also very helpful and extremely friendly, they make sure that none of your needs are unattended. We highly recommend this Inn.

Ali Lazo

Bellevue WA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2014

This was my first trip to Contadora and the owner Maria Josef and her assistant Marcela were extremely helpful. Thank you so much for all you did for me!

I was picked up at the airport landing strip and greeted with a lovely fruit drink and introduction to the island beaches and restaurants. Casa Tortuga restaurant (see separate reviews) is next door, but requires reservations, which Maria made for me. The Inn is located in a residential neighborhood on the west end of the island. The rooms are arranged around a lovely patio courtyard with fountain. The Bar/ Breakfast area is on one side. There is no pool. There is a hot tub, but I did not see anyone use it. I stayed in the King Suite. An arch separates the “bedroom” from the kitchen living area. The bed was extremely comfortable. The room was quiet. I never figured out how the TV worked. I would not have wanted to try to sleep on the “sofa” bed. It is not a luxurious accommodation, everything is pretty basic, but the mattress was great, the linens nice. The air conditioning worked very well and fans kept the room cool when the AC was off.
Breakfast was served between 8 and 10 am, it included cereal, eggs, fruit, juice, and depending on the day something like toast and jam, potatoes, or pancakes. Self-serve coffee or tea. All good!
The inn is about a 10 minute walk from the two nice beaches. I preferred the one near Villa Romantica, the beach is longer and the water clearer. The executive beach was nice in the afternoon because it was shady and there was generally a breeze. Beach chairs, umbrellas, coolers, toys are available for the guests’ use. Golf carts can be rented. I generally walked everywhere. It takes 20 minutes or so to walk to the landing strip area where there are a few restaurants and stores. However, if I desired a ride somewhere, someone would take me.
One caution - if you are planning to go to Contadora Island on a holiday, finding a reservation may be a challenge. I suspect I got the very last internet-advertised room available on the island, trying to make a reservation 3-1/2 weeks in advance. As a result, I paid far more than I wanted to because the only available room was the most expensive King Suite. It was not a $200/night value, but it was worth getting away from Panama City for the holidays.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled solo
The Hague, The Netherlands
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2014

At the time we went we had booked very last minute and stayed at the villa near the ocean. Loved the luxurious lounging chairs. I was wondering how the villa next door looks like inside as some famous people loved there in the past.
There was also an option to book some food from this location, in the beginning a bit akward when we had to call for the member of staff from their private area, but we got the hang of it.
It was a short walk to the beach and they brought seats for us to the beach. I was glad we stayed here and not at their main place because it has more air. The main place has a bar though and a friendly vibe with other guests.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
San Jose, Costa Rica
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2014 via mobile

This was my second time im Contadora and my first at Perla Real and I must say it was a pleasant suprise!
Service was absolutely perfect, staff was really nice and helpfull 100% of the time.
The hotel is a ver nice small 8 bedromm hotel, with nice rooms, clean and a relaxing enviorment.
Its well located, near ejecutiva beach which is the nicest one to go!
They dont have a pool and a very limited MENU, which is a shame!
On the other hand, they do have beach chairs, towels, umbrellas and this makes a huge difference compared with other hotels of the area!

Stayed October 2014, traveled with family
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2014

This place is too good not to share, although I'd selfishly like to keep it on the down low! Maria and staff provide outstanding personal service from pick up to drop off. Comfortable, clean room in a tranquil setting. Loved their dining and fishing recommendations, and loved hanging out there.
Chris D.
Houston

Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Perla Real Inn? Share your experiences!