“Nice Staff” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Four Points Colon

Save Saved
You added Four Points Colon to your Saves list
Four Points Colon
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Milennium Plaza Av A. Waked Corredor Zona Libre, Colon, Panama   |
Ranked #1 of 7 hotels in Colon
DC
“Nice Staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2011

This is my second stay during my visits to Colon.
The staff is very professional and very helpful.
Taxis are easy access from the hotel, very close to the Free Zone. If you decide to visit the Free Zone, the hotel will arrange for you pass access in a matter of minutes; have your passport very for this process. There are a variety of eateries steps from the hotel so you don't really have to go far go get something to eat if you don't feel to dine in the hotel restaurant. There is also a bank in the shopping center in case you need to access an ATM machine.
Looking forward for my next trip....

Room Tip: All views are great! But I like the front view to the highway/road.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple

49 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Panama City, Panama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2011

The Hotel had a friendly staff, comfortable rooms and good room service. Only had one restaurant and the food was fresh but the staff were slow few times. It's an excellent choice at Colon if you want to go for business.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
Miami, FL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2010

I would never recommend that anyone come to Colon for pleasure, but if you have to be here for business, this hotel is the best option. I gave it a low rating for location because of Colon, however, it is before the main congestion and squalor of downtown Colon. The area is gated within walking distance of a hardware store and a couple of restaraunts. The parking lot is secure with armed police there at all times. The staff are friendly and speak English. The rooms are large and clean. My room had good hot water, so the problem reported by another traveler must now be fixed. The restaraunt is way overpriced, so I would suggest walking to the restaraunts next door.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
South San Francisco, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2010

Sheraton had a nice lobby, friendly staff, and a good room with a view of a ballfield and a small view of the Carribean Sea because it was a bit far from the hotel but I enjoyed it with my tea. There is also a food court in the shopping center next to the hotel so we really liked that. There is an internet cafe in the court so you do not have to pay the $15 Sheraton internet access fee. The hotel and center is gated with a guard so it is safe. The pool is clean but very basic. The Sheraton is probably the best hotel in Colon.

I was so disappointed in Colon because I thought I would see the typical beautiful beaches of the Carribean. We drove to downtown Colon and it was such a ghetto. The sea was pretty and blue but the park was scary and we did not dare to stop because it looked so unsafe to go down the car. A local Panamian warned us that even he would not go to downtown Colon. I think their government forgot to take care of the city of Colon as it looked like it was forsaken. The Gatun Locks are close by but the visitor center looked rundown. The narrator of the history of the canal, however, was excellent! He was so informative, kind, friendly and knowledgeable! He was super! If you have time for only one lock visit, go to the Miraflores Locks and it is worth seeing it. The visitor center was renovated with a nice theater and a restaurant. It also has a museum where you can do a simulated boat ride through the canal. The Pacific Ocean side of Panama is nicer. The city is big and modern. We took a boat ride to Isla Tabago from the Amador Causeway site to swim. It was worth it. The only bad thing is that the people do not take care of their beach as there were a lot of debris on the beach. People should do beach clean ups as it is such a waste to not take care of the beautiful Pacific Ocean. The Amador Causeway is really beautiful and I wish I knew about it before I went to Panama so I could have stayed in that area. There are nice restaurants in front of the water. Panama is a good place to visit once! If you are driving, make sure to bring a GPS or rent one as people there do not know how to give directions.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
Miami, FL
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2010

I stayed at this hotel many times, hoping that my comments would help improve it.

Alas, one guest comment's are not worthy of making changes.

First of all, I am a business traveler, visiting Colon monthly.

The staff service quality is exceptional.

Unfortunately, service does not make up for institutional defects.

Among these, the restaurant food is just dismal. As the hotel tries to be everything to everybody, it actually manages to please nobody. Instead of trying to have every cultural meal represented, it should have one single theme and stick with it. I tried several of the exotic dishes, but I am a simple American.

Then, while trying a simple steak, the kitchen failed to even be able to provide a tender and juicy piece of meat. The delay in getting your food is unbearable. I have had on at least two ocassions left the restaurant while presumably they were trying to kill the chicken, cow, or whatever. Often I had to ask if the meal was coming. I resolved to eat away or eat in the room, although even the simple club sandwich was messed up!

The second big problem is the hot water, in that there is none. It is no solution to instruct the guest to leave the water running for thirty minutes. If one is here for business, we don't have 30 minutes to wait in the morning! I was told that would be solved in February, but it was not.

I also had some problems with noise coming from the alarm clock, from the fire alarm, and music from the lobby at midnight. Hey, I was there to work, how about some piece and quiet!

On a few ocassions, the room safe would not work. The rooms were very clean.

Unfortunately, I recommended this hotel to my boss and his boss. What a mistake. They complained they did not get hot water, and I came out looking bad!

I am going back to the Radisson in my visits. True, it's musty and humid, but at least the water gets hot.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business

Been to Four Points Colon? Share your experiences!