“Mixed feelings” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Radisson Colon 2000 Hotel & Casino

You added Radisson Colon 2000 Hotel & Casino to your Saves list
Radisson Colon 2000 Hotel & Casino
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Paseo Gorgas y calle 13 - Colon 2000, Colon 0301-01074, Panama   |
Offers & Announcements
Package Deal
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Colon
Philipsburg, St Maarten-St Martin
“Mixed feelings”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014

I stayed at the Hotel Radisson Colon with my partner, son and a group of friends that family in transit to a cruise. I only stayed one night but I wanted to experience as much as I could while staying at the hotel.

The good news is that The WiFi worked pretty good which turned out to be great as I had an emergency that I had to tend to back home. There is also a business center which we used for free. This is an added bonus.

The experience at the restaurant was not very nice at all in the evening. The waitress took very long to acknowledge us and I had to physically go over to her and tell her that we were ready to make our orders. This was totally different from the morning crew who came over and ensured that we were well taken care of. The morning buffet consisted of hash-browns, scrambled eggs, a mixed chicken and a mixed beef and a great medley of fruits.

We needed to get a baby bed, which is an arrangement that we were told would be in place when we go there. There was no baby bed and when I inquired about getting one I was told that this would not be possible at this time (we checked in around 4pm in the afternoon). I was very disappointed but it was only for one night.

My biggest challenge was the language. I really thought that, because the hotel was in an industrial area where you would have international travelers, there would be more people that spoke English. My general experience in Panama is that there were not many people that spoke English so I had to bite my tongue a few times to communicate...

In general it was an average stay. I think that the customer service could've been much better and more English speaking people at the front desk would also help.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
RadissonColon2000, General Manager at Radisson Colon 2000 Hotel & Casino, responded to this review, June 24, 2014
Thank you very much for your feedback on your recent stay.
On behalf of the staff of Radisson Colon 2000 - Hotel & Casino, appreciate your trust.
In the same way, your comments will be used to improve our operations and exceed expectation for important guest like you.
fernando.castro@radissoncolon2000.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

My wife and I stayed at this hotel because it was right next to the port as we were departing for a cruise the next morning. The staff overall very friendly. The room was okay but it could have been a little more cleaner. It is close to the duty free zone and the shops around the corner from hotel were nice. We didn't go into duty free zone as we were warned about it being a problem when trying to leave. Based upon previous reviews they have gotten better as far as having staff that can speak English fluently. However they did change our room from the top floor to another without telling us until we got there. That was frustrating as my wife and I found out the reason they did it was because there was a bigger party coming for vacation and they put them all upstairs. Again its the place to stay for overnight if you are headed out the day for cruise as it's 10 minutes of less from port.

• Stayed April 2014
RadissonColon2000, General Manager at Radisson Colon 2000 Hotel & Casino, responded to this review, May 29, 2014

Beach Lake, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2014

I'll start by saying that the room was clean and comfortable. Although the area appeared a little rough, we felt safe in the hotel. Everyone from the front desk staff to their driver and wait staff was friendly and helpful. Very few people spoke English, but they tried to help in whatever way they could. The food in the restaurant was delicious and reasonably priced. Just know that if you order off the menu in lieu of eating at their buffet, it will take a while to get your food. We did eat at their breakfast buffet and it was excellent!

Although we didn't swim, their rooftop outdoor pool which overlooked a cruise ship (yes, it was right behind us) looked good. They had a nice sized exercise room and a steam room, too.

Upon check in, the reservation system was down, so we had to wait a long while to get into our rooms, but it wasn't so bad. We did walk out the back door to the grocery in the mall behind the resort to purchase a bottle of wine for our cruise in the daylight and survived the experience. So all in all, not a bad experience. If we had to cruise again, I think we'd stay somewhere else than Colon, but if you are going to stay in Colon, this is a good hotel to choose.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
RadissonColon2000, General Manager at Radisson Colon 2000 Hotel & Casino, responded to this review, May 15, 2014

Thank you very much for your feedback on your recent stay.
In the same way with comments like yours motivate us to keep working hard in order to serve as distinguished guests like you.

panama city
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2014

Spent two night at the hotel and it was great.

Breakfast buffet was good as well as the in room wifi.

Hotel has good security which is a must.

Right across the street from the Zona Libre and also beside the cruise port.

Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
RadissonColon2000, General Manager at Radisson Colon 2000 Hotel & Casino, responded to this review, May 12, 2014

Thank you very much for your feedback on your recent stay.
In the same way, your comments motivate us to keep working hard in order to serve as distinguished guests like you.

Paleo Faliro, Greece
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2014

I had the opportunity to stay for 6 nights in this hotel. It is a very good hotel, with excellent service, tasty restaurant with traditional and European foods, I had a very good cooperation with the front desk, but except a pregnant lady who speaks good English the staff are not able to discuss in English. The room was big with fresh cleaned sheets and hot water, with an external pool, gym and a casino very close to the main entrance. the air-condition was good enough and I had sweet dream as a satellite tv was established in my room. the advantage was that the Radisson is very close to the city, very close to free zone and just in front of a supermarket and some excellent restaurants and tourist shops.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
RadissonColon2000, General Manager at Radisson Colon 2000 Hotel & Casino, responded to this review, March 11, 2014
Dear Guest:

Thank very much for your feedback about your recent stay with us.

In the name of the whole staff of the Radisson Colon 2000 - Hotel & Casino, we appreciate your comments which motivates us to continue work harder.

If you need further information, please contact to us.

Regards,

Wellesley, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2014

I recently stayed at the hotel for one nigh. We were taking a cruise the next day.
I speak Spanish and I can assure you staff from the reception were incredibly
friendly and helpful. Jose and Ana helped us made taxi reservations and we did not
have difficulties with transportation.
The rooms were adequate, clean and comfortable. Of course, my two teens complained
becase WiFi did not work.
We had dinner at the Hotel on Valentine's Day, they had a special buffet in the pool area.
Food was merely OK, nothing to write home about and overpriced.
The lobby area is nice, however, the service there was dismal. The two bartenders were fighting and took turns to disappear, the bartender left would not take care of the orders.
We waited 45 min for a beer, gave up and left.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
RadissonColon2000, General Manager at Radisson Colon 2000 Hotel & Casino, responded to this review, March 2, 2014
Dear Guest:

Thank you for your feedback about your recent stay with us.

In the name oh the whole staff of the Radisson Colon 2000 we want to thank because of your comments that will be use them to improve our services and operations to satisfy distinguish guest like you.

Regards,
Paris, France
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2014

The service at the reception was really bad. They were 4 persons behind the desk and just one person said welcome to us... We asked her if she spoke english and it's like she was already pissed... Well we made a reservation by booking.com and she said that we had to show her the print reservation even if we had the reference reservation, my ID and my credit card (NEVER see that in other Hotel of Radisson) we lost about more than 30 min for the check in...
Then when we arrived to the 3rd floor it smelled very moldy. In our room its stank too and we heard an annoying noise. So we needed to change the room because we had a triathlon race in colon at 6am... So we asked for changing the room and they said "sorry we are full... you can stay in the room and we will call someone to fix it..." And I said that there is no way if we still have the noise because we have a race... and then the pregnant women spoke in Spanish (maybe thought that we don't speak spanish) and said something like " aburrida cambias la cama" and then the guy said we have an available room... (WHAT DOES THAT MEAN THIS BEHAVIOUR).
Big surprise at 6pm we received an apologize letter for a big party... thank you for not letting us know by mail about this party... heard people at 3am singing and screaming on this floor!
at 9pm we wanted to pay for the check out because we were going to leave very early so knew that we wont have time...
And the lady was busy by eating her food... said that she cannot do it!!! that she had people at night who can do it....
But I insisted and she did it... She didn't know how to use the autorizacion visa back... so she made a new one... (never see that in the world)
Then she talked to me like I was a child. Like i was stupid.
And then call her boss because she didnt know how to use it!!!!!!!
(BUT just let you know, I work in 4 star hotel and I know what I'm saying not her) Should teach your staff about How work credit card.... And how to speak to the customer even if they look young.
Then our card for the room didnt work... and still the same person goes like because you put it with your cell phone!!! (But sorry didnt have my cell phone...) Its like we were lying and we had to justify...
130$ for that

Room Tip: The bed are not too bad... But the noise didnt help. Noise of AC Bad reception shows the quality o...