“One of the nicest inns I've ever stayed out” 5 of 5 stars

3.5 of 5 Bed and Breakfast   |   11 de Abril | Palo Alto, Boquete, Panama   |
Ranked #5 of 29 Boquete B&B and Inns
Certificate of Excellence 2014
New York NY
“One of the nicest inns I've ever stayed out”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2010

This is a lovely place. In addition, the restaurant was one of the best meals I've ever had. I can't imagine a nicer place to stay. I highly recommend that if you are Boquete that you stay there and if you don't then at least dine there.
I'm not that easy to please but I give this Inn 5 stars.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2010

I am planning to come back to Boquete next year and will not consider staying anywhere else. I visited other hotels during my stay and none of them have what the Riverside has.......Mr. Robert. He is what truly seperated this hotel from all others. He is a gem of a person and my kids and I found ourselves talking about him for 2 days after we checked out. We miss him and cant wait until our next visit.

Dont go anywhere else because you will regret it like we did.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
panama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2010

This place is the best! you can hear the river next to your room (extremely relaxing). Also Robert (Hotel Manager) has the best service capabilities I have ever seen, he helped me to plan my proposal (By the way I pop up the BIG QUESTION in this Hotel).

The Masters room has candles, champange, roses, Jacuzzi.. It is AMAZING!! and for sure a great food was served.

I liked the complete menú, it is healty food and with a great flauvor. And the service is great.

I loved the complete experience, you have a river next to you and with white and gray rocks with green green grass and flowers all the way.

For sure I recommend this to anyone who wants the best time of his life.

Jorge S.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2010

I had the great pleasure of staying at the Riverside Inn alongside the Palo Alto in Boquete for four nights at the beginning of May - my only regret was that I couldn't stay longer!

From the outside the Riverside Inn looks quite small, but step inside and it becomes something of a Tardis! I think there's only about 7 or 8 rooms, but there's a great sense of space - an impressive combination of stone, solid wood and glass. It feels like you're in an alpine chalet - tall fireplaces, huge sofas and giant colourful canvasses from Panamian artists on the walls. There are three communal areas to lounge about in, and a fully-stocked pay-bar also.

I booked in to a Junior suite - a king-sized bed, clean and modern bathroom and plenty of storage space. It made you want to unpack. There were other great touches too - more artwork on the walls, free wifi, a supply of local Boquete coffee and coffee maker, and a personal welcoming letter from the Riverside's manager, Robert.

Robert is a great guy - very engaging and personable, who really wants to ensure you have a relaxing, no-hassle stay. His personality seems to rub off on the guests - I don't think I've ever stayed in a more welcoming place. There's a restaurant too right next door - The Rock - where breakfast is served, and which then opens for lunch and dinner. I really recommend it - lots of fresh fish. Their micro-brewed beers and worth a try also.

Boquete is blessed with some great hotels and restaurants, and I can't recommend the Riverside highly enough - for value for money, comfort and the welcome you receive there, it's very hard to beat.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled solo
Birtish Columbia, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2010

My husband and I stayed here for two nights,
It was better than all the reviews and the pictures can't do it justice.
From the minute you walk in you feel like you are coming home to your little cottage in the mountains, yet with the service of a fine hotel. The rooms were incredible, beautiful linens and amazing beds. All the immenities you could want. Robert the manager was so welcoming and helpful but let you have your space to feel so comfortable. The three sitting rooms were perfect to enjoy your surroundings and the self service bar was such a nice touch, great attention to detail.
The Rock restraunt right next store is a great addition to the hotel they compliment eachother wonderfully.
The ambiance is amazing and the food was deliciouse, the highlight was definatly the homemade beer on tap, AMAZING! and the fabulouse coffee and dessert.
Thank you for an incredible getaway, we can't wait to go back.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
Lake Mary, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2010

We looked at three hotels in Boquette and chose the Riverside Inn. The room was spacious, comfortable, and beautifully furnished. The bathroom was large, with tub, shower and two sinks. The view from our room included a running brook and a forrested mountain with plentiful wildlife. Adjacent to the property was the restaurant, The Rock, which serves gourmet meals six days a week. Our stay was made special by the welcoming manager, Robert Cook. Robert provided personal attention to all guests and he hosted an evening happy hour where we met interesting people from other countries and states. We certainly made the right choice with the Riverside Inn.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
Monteverde Cloud Forest Reserve, Costa Rica
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2010

Riverside Inn has been one of the loveliest places we have ever stayed in our lives. This is not because it is the most flashy, but because it is the most beautiful, relaxing and homey place to stay. The manager (Robert) has struck the perfect balance between looking after your every need and giving you privacy to enjoy the place for yourselves. (e.g. going in and out of town to sort out your laundry, hiring a dvd for you, finding out information, booking tours etc.). He manages to create a space where you can truly relax and the owner is excellent at keeping the prices at very good value. There is an outstanding restaurant near to the hotel which is also excellent value. We booked for 2 nights and stayed a week which just shows how lovely it is. We would thoroughly recommend it to anyone, and have numerous times since we left it a couple of weeks ago. Thank you to Robert again for giving us such a wonderful week. Joy and Patrick

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to The Riverside Inn Boquete? Share your experiences!