“Amazing Nature” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Moreno Valley, California
“Amazing Nature”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

I visited Los Establos in June 2014 for three days with my friend Digna. I expected anything but the beauty of this enchanting place which was out of my imagination. If you are looking for peace and a connection with nature, this is your place. You will experience the most wonderful and amazing beauty of Boquete in where Los Establos is located. Besides having a "cafetales" Los Establos's landscaping is awesome and spiritual. Personnel were very attentive and pleasant.

Thank you to all los Establos personnel and to Irina.

Luciana Angel

Room Tip: The whole place is excellent.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Deerfield Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2014

I would like to start off by saying my trip to Panama was awesome. The adventure to get into Boquette seems long but all worth it, we got picked up at PTY airport then had a few hours to kill before our next flight so our driver showed us around Panama City. Upon arriving to Los Establos the views were impeccable and our driver was very informative. My first impression of the resort was literally jaw dropping, the grounds were so pretty and there were so many different flowers, everything was maintained so nicely. The staff was extremely welcoming and very helpful. I stayed in a Deluxe room with a gorgeous view of the volcano. The resort has a very strong WI-FI signal that is included. The food there was even better, it was so flavorful and delicious, I can honestly say I ate way too much! I also had the opportunity to do a few different activities such as horseback riding up the mountains, zip lining, hike to the hot springs and a hike to the waterfalls. I would definitely recommend bringing a decent pair of sneakers that you do not mind getting dirty. The different activities were incredible, the views were breathtaking and the guides were extremely knowledgeable. I had the most amazing time and I would go back tomorrow if I could!

Room Tip: I would recommend upgrading to the suite, the room is very large and has a panoramic view of the vol...
West Palm Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2014

I traveled with a friend of mine and although we had heard great things about the property and the excitement was definitely there, we did not expect to have the most wonderful time. The staff was very polite and professional. The commute from Panama City to Boquete although long, was completely worth it. The property is beautiful with amazing views. Food was very good and we did multiple activities. I recommend if your going hiking bring proper shoes. Light sweater is recommended if your going Zip Lining as you high in the mountains and get cold. I absolutely loved it and will be planning my return.

Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

I am writing this review from the Sol suite, on our final day of our 5 day visit. Still can't get enough of the beautiful view and the sounds of all the birds. Ileana and her team cooked us wonderful meals every day - especially the Panamanian dinners! We did the coffee tour, bird watching, ziplining and massages. My DH was thrilled with his 100-plus photos of the 6 Quetzals that Rolando found for us on the bird walk. The new spa and dining room are lovely and we thoroughly enjoyed a relaxing stay!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Tarcoles, Costa Rica
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2014

Stunning views of the mountains, orchards and gardens
Lovely large comfortable rooms with rain showers
The staff is very helpful and friendly
We were happy with the wine and coffee hours and large pool table
It was very peaceful and the patio was perfect for birding and reading
Breakfast is cooked to order. The food was very plain and small portions
Everything else was perfect

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Atlanta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2014

Los Establos is a beautiful mountaintop retreat set amid lush gardens and coffee trees. We spent five glorious days at Los Establos and enjoyed great adventures every day. This boutique hotel is perfect for relaxing, exploring and reconnecting. Our 12-year old son was with us and had a blast. Ingra is a sweetheart and goes out of her way to ensure that everyone feels at home. The cottages are simple but comfortable. We had no issue with the wind while we were there. We cannot wait to return to Los Establos next year and enjoy ourselves again! Susan

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Northbrook, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2014

Drove with my family to Boquete from Panama City after staying two days there, and checked in for a four-night stay at the Los Establos Boutique Hotel during the late December holiday season, 2013. From first appearances the hotel seemed very nice and homey, with very open orchard and garden areas nestled in rainforest, as well as a gorgeous view of Boquete in the valley below. The manager was helpful, and the hotel offered several different entertainment amenities such as a pool table and computer with internet (though pool was a little difficult since the walls around the table were so close, it was nearly impossible to take some shots with the long pool cue stick lol). Every morning the very nice and helpful staff cooked a delicious breakfast for us from a menu of about 5 different choices. Its pretty close location to many fine restaurants and attractions Boquete has to offer is also a plus.

Anyway, the first night we were here we stayed in rooms located in the main building. The rooms were clean and fairly basic, but still comfortable and we slept like rocks. However, the second day there we moved into one of the smaller suite buildings close but not connected to the main lodge. These were very charming and prepossessing.

However, one of the big issues that occured at this hotel was the WIND. The whole time my family and I was here, the wind was just howling incessantly and we weren't completely sure if the buildings we were staying in were going to collapse or something, especially at night. This made it rather difficult to sleep here. We even asked one of the employees if it was always so windy here, and she said it was year-round. This put a bit of an impediment on our stay here because we were so exhausted much of the time. The sound of the wind kept us awake for much of the night all three nights we stayed in the smaller separate-building suite.

Overall, I would recommend Los Establos Boutique Hotel. It is very elegant, and the staff is overall quite friendly. However, if actually sleeping well is a concern, I would recommend to either stay in the main lodge building for the sound of the wind was not really an issue there (at least on the bottom floor), or bring ear-plugs or some sort of sound-cancelling device. For at least when I was there, the sound of the wind keeping me awake was a considerable issue, and apparently the strong winds are pretty common here.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family

Been to Los Establos Boutique Hotel? Share your experiences!