“Good prices and spicing but could use better cuts of meat” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Restaurante Las Orquideas

Restaurante Las Orquideas
Diagonally (SW) across from the Boquete Police station, just north of Restaurante Machu Picchu, Boquete, Panama
Improve this listing
Ranked #10 of 61 Restaurants in Boquete
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Central American
Los Angeles, California
“Good prices and spicing but could use better cuts of meat”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

One of our travel guides suggested this restaurant as one frequented by locals. It's in a cute house decorated with photos of orchids. The proprietor came by our table and explained that we could have our choice of soup or a main meal of rice, beans or lentils, a choice of salad (green, potato, or beets) and entree (chicken, pork or beef). I chose the beef, my husband chose the pork. the food was very flavorful but the beef was tough (common throughout Panama) and the pork fatty. When they first brought my meal, they forgot to give me the rice and beans and I had to ask for them when I saw that similar plates included them and I had not misunderstood that they were included. The price was very good however ($3.00 per meal including iced lemon tea).

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Boquete, Panama
“Always Fabulous”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

This is my FAVORITE restaurant in Boquete and I live here. I eat here at least once a week. For $3 I can get a fantastic meal with a drink included. It is Tipico Panama food and it is delicious. This is a family run business and they really care about your eating there. It is great to sit outside and watch the world go by. Do yourself and your wallet a favor and eat here you won't regret it.

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Boquete
“Good typical Panamanian food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

Great little place for typical food....and cheap! You can get a big bowl of soup for less tan $2 and a whole meal for $2-$3. Tasty and cute...

Visited May 2013
“Quaint homestyle meal and setting”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013 via mobile

I felt like I was at their home in their dinning room. Great food good value and mmmmmm did I say good. Hella cheap too. The juice was muy ricco!

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Titusville, Florida
“some of the best food in Boquete”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

We happened upon this restaurant, just off the main road. The lunch was fantastic $3.50 for wonderful beef, potatoes and salad or chicken, rice and salad, including a drink. Absolutely a superb value, friendly Spanish speaking staff and the few gringos looked like backpackers from nearby hostels.

Waiting to return and see what they have for dinner.

• Visited April 2013