“For the Freshest Fish” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 54 Restaurants in Boquete
Cuisines: Hamburgers, Vegetarian, Grill, Fish & Chips
Description: Open for lunch & dinner only. Featuring fish tacos; best filet mignon plus many other delicious items. Also, salads, hand-crafted Margaritas... And more!
David, Panama
“For the Freshest Fish”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

If you are planning a trip to Boquete, Chiriqui, Panama, or if you already live here and haven’t tried this place, then let me suggest Big Daddy’s Restaurant, on Main Street. Their fish is the freshest I have tasted in all of the restaurants in the area and I have lived here for ten years. The owner goes several times a week to the port to personally pick out the “just caught fish” he considers the best. Once back at the restaurant, second day, the fish is “outta here”. I am sure he doesn’t have to throw away very much as word is spreading how wonderful his fresh, beautifully cooked fish is.
Boquete comes with its own thermostat and most days are not too hot, nor too cold. To put it simply, the weather, though not perfect, is pretty close. So skip the inside dining room, veer to the right and head for the patio – peaceful and much nicer than sitting inside when you can be enjoying the great climate Boquete has to offer.
My favorite item – without a doubt -- the whole corvina -- cooked to perfection, accompanied by French Fries and a cold Atlas Beer. I do not make it into Boquete very often from my perch in Potrerillos but when I do and lunch time is approaching, then I head for Big Daddy’s. I hear the other items on the menu are as good – but personally, when the waitress mentions “whole corvina”, my taste buds just say yeah, yeah, yeah. One of these days I will become adventurous and try something else – but I can’t imagine that happening in the foreseeable future while whole corvina is available.
Well Done Big Daddy’s. Ambiance, great staff and absolutely wonderful food.

• Visited November 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
ElizaSlagle, Owner at Big Daddy's Grill, Boquete, responded to this review, November 18, 2012
Wow....Thanks! I think you'll get a kick from the fb page where I uploaded photos of Jim Omer (Boquete Outdoor Adventures) polishing off a Three Pound-- Whole Corvina at the back patio! It's killer. Thank you for taking the time to say so many nice things about us. I always say we get the best, classiest clientele! Yours truly, Elizabeth & Larry.

boquete,
“fresh!!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

the fish tacos the best in town. also like the grilled fish on salad. try elizabeth's strawberry vinagrette. they use sugar and spice bakeries rolls for their sandwiches.

Visited November 2012
And... the strawberries are grown by our neighbors, the Rosa family, who live right next door to us! Thank you very much for writing in and for recommending us. We are happy you had a great experience! C'mon back... Yours, Elizabeth
Boston
“Fish Tacos”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

great fish tacos, don't let the name of the place put you off! Best dining is around the back of the restaurant.

Visited September 2012
ElizaSlagle, Owner at Big Daddy's Grill, Boquete, responded to this review, November 14, 2012
Thanks for the nice comments. We read and I do try to reply to every comment! Nothing makes us happier than a happy customer! Elizabeth
Brattleboro, Vermont
“The Best Spot”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

I can't say enough god things about this place. The food is absolutely delicious, fresh, great portions and the owners are super friendly and helpful. Try the fish tacos or shrimp, when they have them. Burgers can't be beat and the garden out back has a great vibe. Oh, and those margaritas... ahhh.

• Visited November 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Looks like you tried all the popular faves! And we hit a home run for you. Next time you leave New England, stop in and see us. Maybe I'll have Chowdah! (I'm from CT!) Thank you so much. Elizabeth
Placerville, California
“Awesome”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

Don't be put off by the name. Big Daddy's Grill is a real gem. While visiting friends, we dropped in to Big Daddy's for lunch one afternoon. This place does not disappoint. The menu claims their margarita's are the best in town. They may have the best drinks any where. I had the ahi sandwich that was as good as any I have had. The ahi steak was cooked to perfection, seared on the outside and quite red inside. The fish was fresh and very tasty. The roll was excellent. My wife had the fish tacos, and as a native San Diegan she knows her fish tacos. These ranked right up there with the best she has had. Forget the fries and opt for the onion rings. These things are fantastic. This little eatery would be a find anywhere. In Boquete it is a jewel. We loved it. If possible, sit on the patio in the back.

• Visited October 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
ElizaSlagle, Owner at Big Daddy's Grill, Boquete, responded to this review, November 12, 2012
It's always a huge compliment when a Fish Taco connoisseur loves ours! Ditto on that tuna, which Larry works hard to keep in the house. We are just over the moon about your review. Thank you so much! Yours, Elizabeth & Larry