“Paradise in Boquete” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Guest Suites at Manana Madera Coffee Estate

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Boquete
The Guest Suites at Manana Madera Coffee Estate
You added The Guest Suites at Manana Madera Coffee Estate to your Saves list
1 Manana Madera Coffee Estate Drive, Boquete 0413-00157, Panama   |
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Calgary, Canada
“Paradise in Boquete”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

What an incredibly relaxing amazing place Randy has built to share with his guests. Sitting at the Ranchito at the end of the garden beckons you to relax in the hammock or in the wooden chairs while listening to the humm of the hummingbirds coming to feed and gazing out into the scenic green valley beyond. Randy's margaritas just top things off while Chubbs, Randy's big baby and Snack the cat sit at your feet relaxing too. An amazing part of Paradise that you should also come to enjoy. The attention by Randy and the accommodation is exceptional.
Randy has some great suggestions on hikes (loved seeing the Quetzal and the howler monkeys high in the trees) through to suggestions for lunch and dinner. He has found paradise and we are so happy to have enjoyed his estate and piece of Paradise. The coffee was delicious and we were fortunate to take some with us to enjoy later.
Kat's massages are terrific, she does has magic fingers which help you relax in this beautiful environment.
Mañana Madera Coffee Estate deserves to be No 1 for accommodation in Boquete.

Room Tip: We stayed in the detached villa, which was excellent.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Santa Teresa, Costa Rica
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

Why can't I give 10 stars? I can't even say enough about our stay at Manana Madera! All of the fellow reviewers are spot on with the service. Randy takes care of everything that you need - whether it be a great fresh breakfast, trip to or from town, or who to speak to about anything you need in town! We even decided to stay in Boquete longer and he put out the calls and drove us to find a longer rental! You truly feel like you are a guest in his home. We have never had such great service. As for the casita, it was very modern, comfortable and clean with SPECTACULAR views!

I highly recommend staying here!

New York, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013 via mobile

100th five-star review for Randy, Chubbs, Snack and the idyllic Manana Madera Coffee Estate! We stayed last week for four nights - two couples taking up both guest houses. Our review echoes everything said before: Randy was the consummate host from the moment we arrived and throughout our stay. He thought of everything and anticipated all possible needs or wants that could arise. He managed to make us feel like guests in his home without imposing on our solitude or being overbearing. He made great recommendations for us, including where to hike to find a Resplendent Quetzal and where to eat lunch in town. He made us dinner reservations every night!

His property is breathtaking, from the sweeping views of the valley and mountains to the way he fit his home in to the surrounding landscape. You could easily sit out in a hammock all day - just staring at the birds, taking pictures of the hills and playing with Chubbs and Snack, after eating one of his delicious breakfasts (with spicy homemade sausage - yum). The rooms were perfect, breakfast was perfect... and Randy's margaritas were the best we had on our three-week trip.

Overall, I think the best thing about Manana Madera is how welcomed one feels by Randy. He followed a dream and it feels like he just wants others to be able to share in it. We feel so lucky to have been able to do so.

Thanks for the music, Randy! We hope to be back.

• Stayed July 2013
Cardiff, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

I thought the reviews might be too good to be true but they don't even come close - this is truly one of the most amazing places we have ever stayed - high up in the mountains with not a sound other than the birds (and the occasional friendly jingle of Chubb's collar). Randy is the best host you could possibly ask for - he picked us up from the bus and dropped us off in the town and drove us up the mountain to a gorgeous hike. The suites are impeccable with windows overlooking valley, the amazing coffee is plentiful (Randy gave us a really interesting tour around his coffee estate too) and the views from the ranchero are breathtaking. This place is definitely worth a visit

Altus, Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

The reviews are not an overstatement...in my opinion, this is the best value in Boquete. The suites are stylish and clean with a modern color scheme and windows galore. The location is breathtaking with views that are priceless. Everything about this property is spot on and the owner is a hands on host that insures you have everything you need to make your stay memorable. Chubbs the dog is co-host and will definitely be around to make sure you feel welcome. Breakfast is included and owner does a great job of preparing in himself.

Do yourself a favor and visit the Manana Madera Coffee Estate where you will feel like you are visiting a friend to view a spectacular area of Panama.

Room Tip: Both suites are great but I prefer the detached one.
Puerto Viejo de Talamanca, Costa Rica
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

In the mountains of Panama, above Boquete at 5000 feet, I was transported to another world - a mystical magical place of cloudy transcendence and stark tranquility. This is what it's like at Mañana Madera Coffee Estate and Guest Suites. Amazing!

Coming from the work and stress of my normal daily life, I could hardly believe I was there! It was like a dream. All I could hear were sweet happy bird songs as I gazed out into the majestic mountain view. No traffic, nor barking dogs - just quiet. And the view across the valley - well, suffice it to say that heights make me high like nothing else can. I loved it!

But there's more than just a grandiose setting. The suites are lovely and comfortable - immaculate, well designed and perfectly appointed. It can get chilly at night way up in the mountains, but the down comforter and pillows keep you cozy and snug. Everything is "high end". The shower with nice shampoo provided, was exceptional. In the living room, besides a super view, you'll find movies to watch, books to read and some of the best coffee I have ever had. There are so many fun activities to do in the area that I had no time for books or movies. But the coffee I could not do without. Now I have a problem. When you've had the best, how can you go back? I had to take some coffee home with me!

I loved the place and the surroundings, but even more, I loved the owners, Randy and Katt. They are truly among the nicest people I have ever met. They both went out of their way to make sure I was comfortable and happy. And there is no doubt that it was sincere. This work is more than a job for the two of them. They love their life in Boquete and they love to share it's pleasure with everyone who comes by.

If you want a special treat, if you want to give yourself a present, do yourself a favor - stay at Mañana Madera!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

We stayed at Manana Madera in November 2012 and returned again in June 2013. Still a slice of paradise with Randy's impeccable service, friendliness and non-stop advice about everything and anything Panama. Chubbs the friendly dog, is still there and as goofy as ever. I was also treated to a wonderful 1 1/2 massage from Kat, the on-site masseuse who has magic in her fingers. Getting a massage while in my private suite gazing out through the large picture windows over the hills and valley was such a treat. Ahhhh. Randy has nothing but excellent reviews from over 90 trip advisor reviewers and believe every word! Well deserved, and I can't wait till he gets to his 100th "Excellent."

Room Tip: Two separate casitas are identical, both excellent.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to The Guest Suites at Manana Madera Coffee Estate? Share your experiences!