“"Petit Mozart" closed for 3 years since 2011!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Petit Mozart

Hotel Petit Mozart
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Boquete
Hotel Petit Mozart
Volcancito, Boquete, Panama   |
Ranked #20 of 33 Specialty lodging in Boquete
Freiburg in Germany
“"Petit Mozart" closed for 3 years since 2011!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2012

Motivated by the pictures and descriptions down here I arrived at "Petit Mozart" on 9th April 2012 to hear from a friendly French inhabitant that Mrs Lorenza Diaz Phillip had returned to Germany half a year ago for 3 years and that there is no room for rent during this time. What a shame! The situation of the territory is wonderful. If you like something outside of Boquete village, you have an economic alternative in the nice 2010 opened Hotel "Refugio de Montaña", about 500 m down the hill to the right (left if you come up towards Vulcancito - there is just a little wooden sign), see http://www.refugiodemontana.com

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo

12 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Maine
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2012

My husband and I stayed here for 2 nights to visit Boquete and with a rental car it was not a problem getting here, but I would think more of a challenge for those without wheels of their own. The owner was very respectful, helpful and kind. We had a special resonance being musicians and the placing named Mozart. If you're coming from the coast and warmer climates of Panama, be prepared. It is cooler up in the mountains and I was cold and chilled each night, though there was a blanket for sleeping. The garden and setting was extremely peaceful, and energized with spectacular views. Enjoyed our stay, though we prefer other regions of Panama over Boquete.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
Karlsruhe, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2011

We really enjoyed statying at Petit Hotel Mozart!!! It is such a special place. The cabinas and the garden are just beautiful! You can enjoy a great view to the mountains and the Pacific ocean as well! The owner of the Hotel, Lorenza, makes you feel very special and welcome, too. She is offering a nice breakfast which is served at your own balcony.
To us, it was the most beautiful place in Panama. So just go there and relax!

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
Eldon, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2011

I hesitate to even write this review for fear too many other people will visit Hotel Petit Mozart and we won't be able to get a reservation! But, after recently seeing a terrible review on TripAdvisor I felt I must. My wife and I have stayed at this hotel twice; once for two weeks in 2009 and again for six weeks in early 2010. We plan on going to the Boquete area again this spring and wouldn't think of staying anywhere else. We originally planned on staying at Hotel Petit Mozart only as an inexpensive base to check into Boquete for possible investment and retirement and we almost bought property twice, but have decided staying at Petit Mozart is way better, way cheaper, and way easier than buying a winter retreat. So, why are we so high on Petit Mozart? First and foremost, the owner Lorenza Diaz Phillip. Sweet, helpful, friendly, knowlageable, interesting and interested in us, and a deep soul. This hotel exists because of her own physical sweat and determination to re-make her life as a hotel owner. Second because of the setting. This isn't even a hotel in the normal sense. It is composed of three separate buildings (casitas) meandering down a hillside below Lorenza's beautiful residence. We have stayed in all of them and the best way to describe them is to say they are each unique, arty (Lorenza is a real atrist and gourmet cook), homey yet exotic, and comfortable. They are not fancy or pretentious. They are comfortable and part of the environment and culture an intrepid traveller will find perfect. The hotel is inside a beautiful walled garden estate with fruit trees, flowering plants, and a shade grown coffee plantation. This hotel is perfect for people who are in Panama to learn about what it's like to live in the boquete area of Panama. It's not for the person who really just wants to hang around a big fancy hotel and be pampered. It's not a Miami Beach kind of place. Finally, make sure you meet and make friends with Lorenza's dog "Krummi." He loves to lay at your feet and be petted while you are enjoying your morning coffee on your private veranda, looking west, down to the pacific and watching the birds flit around in the flowers.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with family
Sedona, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2010

I had the most wonderful stay at this charming hotel. It was obvious that the owner had lovingly put her unique artistic touch on each delightful casita. Located a short distance on paved roads from the village of Boquete, it bestows a true experience of the peaceful country lifestyle. Some of the casitas have cooking facilities, so I only occasionally walked into town to explore the many varied restaurants. I happened to be a guest there when the owner, Lorenza, was offering a special holiday feast – a fusion of East Indian and Peruvian flavors. The presentation also exhibited her special artistic talent. A painter and jewelry-maker, she will be offering art seminars at appointed times in the future. I'll definitely be back just to be in the presence of this gentle woman who speaks 5 languages and to see if I have any artistic talent – Panama and Hotel Petit Mozart are clearly an experience to repeat!

• Stayed December 2010, traveled solo
Cologne, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2010

I stayed here fore 3 days and i just loved it, its outside of Boquete in Volcancito, so its kind of hard to get there without a car but its worth the pain.
The Hotel has 2 Cabanas and Casita in a beautiful garden. If the weather is good u actually can see the ocean from here.
I stayed in the smallest one. It had a bed, tv, bathroom and and a coffee machine.
The owner Lorenza was really nice, she eplained my all about Boquete and surroundings and was helpful all the time.
The breakfast i got served directly at my terrace and was really good. It wasn´t missing anything, eggs, fresh fruits, fruit juice, coffee..
All in all i had a really good, relaxed and quiet time over there and I can recommed it for everybody who is looking for a quiet, peaceful place!!!

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
Naples, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2010

I found these little cabans for rent, there is also a 2 bed room caban; the owners name is Lorenza, she seems so very nice...

We agreed on a price for me to rent the little caban for 1 month for $350.00, I gave her the rent for 1 week and told her I was going to the bank for the rest in the morning... She wrote me out a reciept saying I had payed her for 1 week..

The next morning after I returned from the bank, I noticed some one had been in my room and through all my things !! Then she came to me and said after speaking with her husband; she would have to charge me $700. for the little caban (double ?) I told her there was no way that I could aford to pay that amount, nor was the caban worth that amount, she says if you will not pay me $700 you will have to leave... I say fine with me; please return my $$$$ she says NO I have inconvienced her and that she had many people who would have rented it for $60-$70 per night (the place was empty) and she is keeping my $$$$ and that she had been in my room and said to me " you have many lovely things, you can afford to pay more" !!! Wow...

Needless to say... I left, she kept my money !! $$$ for a whole week...

DON"T STAY HERE... If you do... Don't pay for more than 1 night at a time and don't leave anything in your room as she will be going through everything..

• Stayed November 2010, traveled solo
Lorenza67, Owner at Hotel Petit Mozart, responded to this review, December 22, 2010
As the owner of Petit Hotel Mozart, I wish to respond to the critique of November 20th.
When this guest arrived at Petit Hotel Mozart, she stated that she had had problems in another hotel where she had been staying. Her wish was to immediately move into a cabin with kitchen and remain there for a month. This was not possible at the moment, because the desired cabin would continue to be occupied by other guests for another week.
I offered her a smaller cabin for the week prior to the kitchen-equipped one becoming available.
She bargained for a lower price for this smaller cabin and I agreed to charge a very low price for the week, based on the assumption that she would stay for at least a month in the kitchen-equipped cabin.
The following night she told me she had changed her plans and wanted to continue living in the smaller cabin. I explained to her that she would have to pay the regular “rack” rate for the cabin, as the lower rate was based on her taking the larger cabin for a month. The regular room rates at Mozart are among the lowest in the area. I charged her less than the regular rate for the two nights. Incidentally, at Mozart, we enter a guest’s room only for cleaning purposes or when invited by the guest.
I am convinced that I handled this situation professionally and correctly.

Lorenza Diaz Philipp

Been to Hotel Petit Mozart? Share your experiences!