“Olga's Huevos Rancheros” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Punta del Encuentra (Olga's)

Punta del Encuentra (Olga's)
Boquete, Panama
Improve this listing
Ranked #15 of 54 Restaurants in Boquete
Cuisines: South American
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
“Olga's Huevos Rancheros”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

Olga cranks out some great food, had the huevos rancheros on the Panamanian tortillas. Awesome! Service is slow, but Olga does her very best. This is an odd setup, a converted carport of some sort. But the food is worth it, you won't regret making this choice. Prices and value are very good. The best breakfast we had in Panama.

• Visited July 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Panama
“Pancakes to die for!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

iI make a point of having Olga's blueberry plate size pancakes once a month. She knows what I want because I bring my own Canadian maple syrup even though she serves hot syrup. IOP and Cracker Barrel could take lessons from her. I occasionally have an omelet but the pancakes are special.
Also, her smoothies are spectular. I last had the fresas (strawberry) smoothie and there was on rounded mound on the top of the tall glass. (Enough for two people) I had to quickly spoon off the top to prevent an overflown.
The atmosphere is nice and you were usually meet a friend or two or even make new friends. I will even share my real maple syrup with others having the pancakes.

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Panama City, Panama
“The Best Breakfast in Boquete”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

This place is a hidden gem. Everybody calls the place Olga's but the real name (in a sign outside is Punto de Encuentro). Olga, the owner has the menu written on a board at the entrance of the place, but to tell you the truth, there is no need to look at the menu. Olga has everything you could want for breakfast, so you just need to order and she will make it for you. Prices are very reasonable and the taste is delicious. After all, this is Olga's house, so he food is actually home made.

Visited June 2013
Savannah, Georgia
“Favorite Breakfast”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

I´ve been coming and going for well over year now to Boquete and I did not write reviews until I took my time. This is truly my favorite spot for a real, sit down breakfast. Always good, always beautifully presented. I can sit among birds, fountain, always with a flower on my plate. It´s not the only good spot for breakfast, but I like to relax and be served well.

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
London
“It was so-so...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

Olga is lovely, very happy and friendly. The place is comfy and well kept. Food just ok...my main gripe was the waiting time, an hour for two plates of waffles. I didn't really want mine as I'd lost my appetite. Packed to the rafters with old Americans loudly discussing money, banks, land prices and politics...I wouldn't go back. Then again I'm young English and hungry so maybe it's just me!

• Visited March 2013