“Great stay” 5 of 5 stars

in front of Parque Central, Boquete, Panama   |
Ranked #10 of 28 Boquete B&B and Inns
“Great stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for two nights with 3 friends...location is great right off the main square. We had some issues with our booking an ended up getting a private room for the dorm rate, with a private bathroom. Big room for a hostel and was clean and met our needs. The staff was really helpful with your bookings, especially the long haired blonde guy at the front-Tom. Ask him for anything e is the best!!

• Stayed February 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Managua, Nicaragua
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

What can i see about this place. Normally i don't like sticking around in hostels but here i stayed for more days then i imagened. The dorms are clean, beds comfortable (really), showers are hot and clean. They have a big kitchen with everything you need with free breakfast in the morning pancakes and coffee.

They offer great tours for even better prices and if you have the chance to do a bbg night with drinks included here... Do it. The owner and staff likes to drink some rum with the guests in the evening so you will never drink alone.

When you are in Boguete, check out this place.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Dayton, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

This was one of my first hostel experiences. I was about 50 years older than the average guest, but sure enjoyed the friendly and vibrant scene. The hostel is well run, has a big well organized community kitchen, offers a variety of tours and hikes with local guides. My private room was a bargain. Front desk staff was polite and helpful.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Scottsdale, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

When I arrived in Boquete at 11:30pm I was thrilled but also completely exhausted after a 9 hour bus ride. We had made arrangements to stay at Mamallena before we arrived so I knew what to expect but it ended up surpassing my expectations. Victor, who greeted us in the lobby, was ecstatic that we arrived and promptly showed us to our room. The rooms are clean, well prepared, and the beds are very comfortable compared to other hostels (trust me). Theres pancakes every morning and more than enough to do in Boquete. Mamallena is a fantastic hostel and I genuinely encourage anyone who's passing through Boquete to stay here. Miguel and Victor know everything there is to do from rock climbing, hot springs and more! I stayed here for 5 nights and could NOT have ben happier with my experience. Oh, and by the way I'm going back this summer so meet me there!!!

-Hayden Klarfeld

Room Tip: Upstairs is probably less noisy, but downstairs is still extremely comfortable
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013 via mobile

I've been staying at Mamallena for several weeks now and I consider it my home away from home. I've read some of the negative comments about the staff and I have no idea how anyone could have had such a bad experience.

The staff is fantastic and the location is impossible to beat. I highly recommend Mamallena.

• Stayed January 2013
MamallenaBoquete, Guest Relations Manager at Hostel Mamallena, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
Hey there,
Thank you for sharing your thoughts about our place. Hope you've enjoyed your stay, and we hope to have you in the future,

Best of travels!
Monterey, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

I stayed in Mamallena the first time I went to Panamá, had an excellent time and made an effort to return on my second trip! Miguel and Victor are professional, friendly and have extensive knowledge to share about the area. I participated in two Mamanllena run tours and would highly recommend both. The guides for visiting the hot springs and the waterfall hike were exceptional and the prices were affordable. The hostel has a wonderful ambiance, feels spacious, relaxing, and has several pleasant hang-out areas which make guests feel at home. Miguel and Victor go above and beyond by keeping the front desk open 24 hours, arranging BBQ's and interacting with guests.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
MamallenaBoquete, Guest Relations Manager at Hostel Mamallena, responded to this review, February 4, 2013
Thanks heaps for the comments! Glad you've enjoyed your stay and our service. We hope to have you back one day, and best of travels!
Jaco, Costa Rica
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

This Hostel is one of the best-vibe places I've stayed in.
The owner and the staff give lots of information about all the activities in the area and were very helpful organizing tours and transports and even helped us get a rental car when it tourned out that this was the best and cheapest option for us.
In the communal kitchen we met a lot of people that came for a couple days and stayed for a week. And so did we!

PS: the climbing in Boquete is awesome!

Room Tip: Private rooms are worth it if you are two people!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
MamallenaBoquete, Guest Relations Manager at Hostel Mamallena, responded to this review, January 31, 2013
Thank you for the comments about the hostel, we are glad you've enjoyed it!
Hope to have you guys again and safe travels!

Been to Hostel Mamallena? Share your experiences!