“Great Experience” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #4 of 42 Activities in Boquete
Type: Educational Sites, Classes
More attraction details
Owner description: Why just learn Spanish? Live your Spanish learning experience! Learn Spanish in Boquete, a charming town and a dream setting place full of friendly faces and exciting adventures. Have the time of your life and live the most amazing Spanish learning experience! Habla Ya Panama Spanish School, Panama's premier Spanish school, is one of the top specialist Spanish training institutions in Central America and one of the leading providers of Spanish courses in Latin America.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
“Great Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

In 2011, I took it upon myself to learn Spanish to help further my career. This resulted in me undertaking a two week course in Boquete with Habla Ya as a taster to see if I could learn the language. The two weeks went well and immediately on my return I secured a 3 month period of unpaid leave from my current employer.

During June, July and August 2012. I undertook 12 weeks of 1 on 1 tuition. Initially this was at 6hrs per day, which was good when going through the early levels however this left little time for homework and other activities, as the area around Boquete has amazing scenery and plenty of activities to keep you busy. For the later part I dropped down to 4hrs in part to help me with preparing for my DELE B1, which I am expecting the results very shortly.

During my stay, I had two main teachers. These were Jenni and Ismenia. Both teachers were excellent and although they both taught in different ways they were both able to bring the material alive. I can not praise them enough for their effort as I work in a very different environment and found that I fitted straight into the learning environment.

I really enjoyed my time in Boquete and am impressed by how much I picked up over the summer.

Thank you for the patience and the great time.

Visited August 2012

Baltimore, Maryland
“Get wet and learn spanish”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

I have been studying at Habla Ya Boquete for 8 weeks and am very pleased with the school and instruction. My primary teacher has been Leidys Pitti who is wonderful. She is very patient and always corrects my grammar. The group class consists of reading articles, audios, language instruction, and conversation which is all tailored to your specific interests. For example, if you are a history buff they will give you historical articles to read and try to discuss or even debate historical topics with you. I personally began my classes at the B1 level (intermediate conversation) and am pleased with my progress. Because the school is so popular you unfortunately have ample opportunity to speak English with the other students, which is somewhat of a double edged sword, only because it somewhat hinders your progress. But the up side is that virtually all of the students are amazing and friendly people. Really my only complaint is that I wish there was more conversation, but if you are an outgoing person there is ample opportunity to talk with locals.

Sydney, Australia
“Awesome spanish school”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

Extremely friendly & professional staff, great customer service & well organised. I went to the Bocas school and had a great time. The classes were really good, as were the social events they organised for outside of school.

East Moline, Illinois
4 attraction reviews
“Excellent on-line Spanish classes too!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

I took 30 hours of Habla Ya on-line Spanish instruction from september until november 2012.
My experience was very good and i have learned more Spanish vocabulary and grammar in such a short time than i could have ever done on my own:) My instructor - Leidys was fantastic!
She was very patient with me when i was lost in conversation (which happened frequently!~)
She always had a good lesson plan ready for each of my two hour sessions and kept me very challenged. If i could have done anything differently, i would have preferred to actually have gone to the school in Panama. however, I could not due to time constraints.
I highly recommend this school, the school staff is very friendly and very professional!
If you want to learn Spanish, Go for it at Habla Ya!!

Visited September 2012
“The Best Spanish Teacher in a Very Good Spanish Language School”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

My wife and I recently spent 8 weeks in Boquete, Panama. My main reason for making this visit was to learn Spanish, and as such, I signed up for six weeks of classes at Habla Ya language school. I decided to go at it full-bore. For five days per week, for four solid hours per day, with several hours of homework per night, I worked hard at trying to learn the basics of a new language. I must admit, it was one of the more challenging mental exercises I have attempted since graduating college nearly 40 years ago! It was difficult, often frustrating, and sometimes exhausting, but I persevered, and am very glad I did. When I returned to Colorado, I vowed to keep up with my learning. And I have, so now I’m much more prepared—and eager—to return to Panama for three months in 2013 for more Spanish study (and to see other parts of the country, as well). At Habla Ya I had several teachers, but the one I had most often—for private as well as mini-group instruction--and the professor, in my opinion, who was the absolute best, was Donain Alexis C., or just Alexis, for short. I think Alexis is only 26 years of age, but his knowledge of the Spanish language, as well as how to teach it--always with total enthusiasm and professionalism--was stunning. And his abilities didn’t stop there. Totally bi-lingual in English, he is truly a renaissance man. He never failed to amaze me with his knowledge on a wide range of subjects, including world events, history, literature, politics, culture, sports, and social issues. All of these topics, of course, often sparked lively conversations between us, 98% of which were naturally in Spanish. Though always incredibly interesting, it did leave my brain smoking after several hours of conversing in Spanish, trying to make sense of it all! I highly recommend Habla Ya as a school if you wish to learn Spanish. And I even more highly recommend Alexis if you want an excellent teacher who will challenge, inform, and educate you in another language and another culture. I just hope he’s available when you get there!

Visited June 2012