Refugio del Rio is great. It has a wonderful piece of land with a creek running along the edge of the property, a well maintained hot tub, garden full of herbs to use while cooking in the kitchen and is well maintained and clean.
There are chairs and tables to enjoy outside and a large dining table and computers to use inside and meet the other guests. Seems to be a fairly mellow place with lots of people staying for multiple weeks while taking classes at the nearby HablaYa language school.
Two great guys on the staff Chino and another wonderful guy who I can't remember his name. They're willing to work with you as you attempt to speak Spanish or work with you in English. Heard the BBQs are amazing as well.
Would definitely recommend the place.
- Also Known As:
- Hostal Refugio Del Rio Hotel Boquete
- Hostal Refugio Del Rio Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Known in town as the “luxurious” hostel for backpackers, you are always surprised to discover that such a beautiful house has been transformed into a hostel. Our place has been carefully furnished and decorated and also has 9 private all of which have private bathrooms. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with HostelBookers so you can book your Hostal Refugio del Rio reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.