“friendly service” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Sohar
shj
“friendly service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2012

We visited last year and revisited two weeks back, and I am surprise to see the improvement of the hotel with new refurbishment
staff are friendly in general room are clean also staffs looked after my child with special care.
Hotel was kind enough to arrange a trip in the evening to wadi al hibi small village in Sohar where the water falls are there it was fantastic.

Room Tip: good rooms
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
alwasil, General Manager at Al Wadi Hotel, responded to this review, April 4, 2012
Dear Nisha,

Greetings from Al Wadi Hotel!

I would like to thanks you for visiting to Al Wadi Hotel. It was truly a pleasure to serve you.

We were delighted to hear you had an enjoyable time with at Al Wadi Hotel.

We would love to have the pleasure of seeing you as a regular guest.

And also I take this opportunity to thanks trip advisor for helping us to interact with our valued customer.

Al Wadi Hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Muscat, Oman
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2012

With reference from my Shell colleagues,I experienced a two days pleasing stay at the Al Wadi Hotel in Sohar.
The best room location being the pool side which happen to be calm and ideal for relaxation of a guest who's had the most hectic day at work.

Overall rating of the hotel service is pleasing, though comments of others may be unpredictable.
Hotel situated close to the Sohar port/industrial estate which provides convenient time frame of your day to day work schedules with Zero road traffic throughout your movements to and from the hotel.
The generous service provided by the front office and the house keeping team is to be appreciated and credit goes to the Al Wadi management for proper training to its staff.

My only concern remains on the dinning department where food is quite expensive and unavailability of the menu items.

Room Tip: Pool side rooms are calmer and ideal for relaxation.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
alwasil, General Manager at Al Wadi Hotel, responded to this review, April 2, 2012
Dear Abdullah,

Greetings from Al Wadi Hotel!

We were delighted to hear you had an enjoyable time with at Al Wadi Hotel.

We would love to have the pleasure of seeing you as a regular guest.

Jakarta, Indonesia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2012

1. They will not take your laundry if you don't give it at the Front Office (this is ridiculous)
2. Room AC is very noisy, and the Lowest Fan setting is still too big!
3. A lot of mosquitos
4. Hotel staffs are not firendly (maybe they don't like guests stay in the hotel?
5. Food is quite expensive, with the poor quality.
6. Only one good thing: Wifi Internet connection is quite good, available in all areas, including bedrooms.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
alwasil, General Manager at Al Wadi Hotel, responded to this review, March 31, 2012
Dear Mr. Silalahi,

Greetings from Al Wadi Hotel !

At the outset we would like to appreciate your feedback & thank you for having taken the time to bring your concerns to our attention. Whilst apologizing for the inconveniences which you have experienced during your stay we would like to assure you that we have taken serious note of the shortcomings & have taken immediate steps to address & rectify same. We have also put in place adequate measures to ensure such occurrences are not repeated.

We are committed to ensure the best possible services & attention to our Clients & look forward to welcoming you back at our Hotel soon.

Thanking you,

Yours sincerely.

Mumbai (Bombay), India
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2012

Please be apprised that I had the chance of staying in your hotel AL WADI, SOHAR on four occasions in recent past while working for our client M/s. Composite Pipes.

It is regretfully informed that out of four times, two times my stay in the hotel has left me with a feeling of unpleasantness and frustration.

On one of the occasions, myself with my colleague Mr. Rushabh Kapadia reached at about 3 O'Clock in the morning after a hectic travel schedule, just to find that the rooms booked and confrimed for us had been allotted to somebody else by the Front Office Manager, may be to the people of personal preferences. We could not go to any other place at that hour of time. After lot of persuasion, the reception people allotted one room to us. We had given our feedback in writing, however till date no written reply has been given by the hotel management.

My last visit to your hotel is dated from 02 March-07 March 2012. During this visit, I have felt humiliated by the behaviour of Ms. Bimalka of your hotel. I could never imagine that people in hospitality industry could use the language and tone which Ms. Bimalka used for me. She sounded as if the hotel management is doing some favour to us and we have to accommodate to the lethargy and carelessness of hotel personnel. On 04th of March, when I returned from work, I found that the tumbler/glass which was used by me on the previous evening was not cleaned and was lying where it was left by me. Also, the laundry which I had put in the laundry bag had not been collected by the concerned personnel. Next day also the status was same. On 6th morning I conveyed the same thing to the person at reception Mr. Caeteno (please excuse for any spelling mistakes) and recorded my feedback regarding the lapse. However to my surprise, the laundry had not been collected that day also. Also, the tumbler used by me was again left uncleaned. Please note all this happened after officially recording the feedback. Do you feel that this is an example of the negligence or something else! Immediately I went to the reception to show the uncleaned tumbler. Ms. Bimalka, who was at the reception at that time responded in a highly unacceptable, rude and arrogant behaviour and communicate to me that hotel could not provide FIVE STAR facilities as it was only THREE STAR hotel. She also commented that we could leave the hotel if we were not satisfed by the hotel services. Also, she told very rudely that whenever, we visit the hotel we create some problems. Also, she conveyed that these lapses are due to Omani People who do not do their work (I personally do not agree to her statement as I have felt that the local people of Oman are much more sincere, friendly and simple).

My queries regarding such incidents are:
-In past, under what circumstances we were not allotted the rooms against the confirmed bookings?
-in case we demand cleaned tumblers, are we asking for FIVE STAR facilites?
-if the hotel guests give legitimate feedback for deficeincy of services, are they creating troubles?
-in case we ask for the laundry to be picked from the room, are we asking for FIVE STAR facilities?
-have you trained and groomed your staff not to pay attention to legitimate customer requirements and to make the statements which Ms. Bimalka made?
-What are the facilities to be provided by a THREE STAR hotel in Oman?

Waiting for your response on my queries and the information on the actions taken by you to redress my grievances. In case I do not receive any reply to this mail, I shall conclude that all these lapses are allowed by the management of the hotel.

Best regards,

Flt Lt Ashwani K Notey (retd.)

Room Tip: You can be denied a room even if you have booking
Dear Mr.Ashwing

Greeeting from Al Wadi Hotel!

I hope you have satisfied with my apology letter, which sent to you on the 19th March 2012. And I take this opportunity to thank you for revisiting Al Wadi Hotel on 25th March 2012, which we highly appreciate on behalf of the entire management team.
Furthermore, I would be pleased to meeting you personally on your next visit.

General Mnager
York, England
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2011

Had a perfectly good one night stay at the Al Wadi in a poolside room. Very clean and everything worked (couple more towels woud have been nice). Smoked glass door and blinds give privacy.Very quiet, though comments of others suggest that's not always so. Pool was clean and great in the morning - ten metres or so from the door. You need wheels or a taxi to get around, but that's Oman. Staff perfectly pleasant, though one or two struggled with English. Breakfast was acceptable and started at 6am, though had a slight gripe over whether it was included or not (we paid one out of two as a compromise). Used one of the five (I think) bars - a bit flash but at least it's there and you can get a beer/cocktail. The Indian themed one is supposed to be good though we didn't try it. There's a great Indian restaurant five mins away by car.....can't remember the name but ask and they'll know it.

Room Tip: Book online for cheapest deal and request poolside room
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
Dear Sir,

I would like to thank you for visiting Al Wadi Hotel.

It was truly a pleasure to serve you, we were delighted to hear you had an enjoyable time at Al Wadi Hotel.As complete satisfaction is our goal at Al Wadi Hotel

we would love to have the pleasure of seeing you as a regular guest.

Sincerely

Taipei
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2011

A friendly place ,currently being partially refurbished.The Internet is very poor in this location and the chalets have no Wi-Fi-not good.The satff are great and the pool is nice the rooms are a good size but the TV from adjoining Chalets can be a problem.The breakfast is OK but a bit samey for Westerners a as breakfast changes are primarily for Indians only.The restuarant is quite good and the chicken biryani is very nice as is the Kingfish.However it can take 40 minutes before anything arrives even if there are only three customers.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
Mumbai
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2011

I paid about 40 Omani Rial for a night inclusive of breakfast. It has 5 bars. Cannot expect more at this price. Value for money! I needed a cab, and it took about 30 mins t get a cab :(
Unpleasant view of bushes from my room!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
Dear Mr.Amith

We were delighted to hear you had an enjoyable stay at Al Wadi Hotel for a reasonable price.

Your patronisation of Al Wadi Hotel is of extremely valuable to us & we do hope that you would use our services again soon in order that we may show case to you the improvements we have made based on the feedback received from you.and also we

Thanking you,

Yours sincerely.

Anslam De Silva

Been to Al Wadi Hotel? Share your experiences!