I stayed at the Hilton Salalah Resort from 24-28 July 2013. It was chosen as it had the best overall recommendations of the three international chains in Salalah (the other two being the Marriott and the Crowne Plaza). Arrived for check-in at 2am. Receptionists extremely friendly and showed us to our room quickly. Special mention to Jose and Florian for their hospitality. The only problem came upon check-out where it took 20 minutes, even though we were the only ones at the counter. The staff on that particular shift were unhelpful.
The most disappointing aspect of the hotel was definitely the room. It was musty and full of insects. The rooms are tired and outdated and they are definitely not "Hilton" standard.
The rest of the facilities in the hotel are limited - only two restaurants currently open. Fairly reasonable food. The pool is nothing special and it somehow manages to have a bit of a budget hotel feel about it.
If you plan to use the room simply as a base to go out and explore the surrounding area, the hotel is still recommended and hopefully the rooms will be renovated in due course. Location wise, it is good, but hiring a car is essential. On a final note, non-Muslims should consider that Salalah is quiet during Ramadan and that being able to eat, smoke or drink outside of your bedroom is not possible during daylight hours.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hilton Salalah Resort is a relaxing retreat, surrounded by vibrant bougainvilleas and lush palm groves. This beachfront Salalah hotel is set amidst landscaped gardens and all of the Salalah hotel rooms and suites offer tranquil views of the Indian Ocean and Arabian Sea, as well as the dramatic Dhofar mountain range. Relax by the Hilton Salalah Resort's freeform pool overlooking the white-sandy beach, browse the shopping arcade, work out in the gym or unwind in 6 restaurants and bars at this Salalah hotel. Dine on fresh seafood at Palm Grove Restaurant or enjoy authentic Arabic Cuisine at Al Maha Restaurant. Sip your favorite cocktails in Sea Breeze Bar, located on the stunning beachfront, or treat yourself at Sheba's Steak House with premium steaks, flavorful sauces and matching wines. Pamper yourself with an outdoor massage in one of the Caribbean style beach pavilions at this Salalah hotel, entertain the kids in the playground or enjoy a day sightseeing and visit the Old Souk, the Bird Sanctuary or follow the Frankincense trail. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Despegar.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Hilton Salalah reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Salalah Hotel Salalah
- Hilton International Salalah