“5 star experience” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cairo, Egypt
“5 star experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2014

Spent a week at the Ruwi Hotel and it was a wonderful experience for my family. Loved the breakfast, dinner, politeness and kindness of staff (8yr old daughter even wrote 'thank you' letters to staff), location (great for local shopping and local restaurants) and amenities and services the hotel provided. Thanks to Nina, Mary-Jane, Shahnawaz, Sanjay, Abhi and Koshy amongst others. Would recommend Ruwi Hotel anyday!

Room Tip: We got mountain side room, was nice and quiet. 8th floor.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
OmanHotels, General Manager at Ruwi Hotel, responded to this review, April 14, 2014
Dear Fundre,

Thank you for visiting Ruwi Hotel and forwarding your comments on Trip advisor. We are very happy to hear that you have had a wonderful experience at Ruwi Hotel.

My staff and I are delighted to learn that you have enjoyed the location and service standards of the hotel. Upon your next visit to Ruwi Hotel, I recommend you to experience our evening Dhow cruise tour / Dolphin watching tour or day tour to desert night camp which are organized by the hotel.

I thank you once again for posting your comments on trip advisor and wish you all the very best for a great future.

Ruwi Hotel-Muscat

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2014

Good tourist hotel with lovely pool, good sized rooms with everything you need, huge, comfy bed, free wifi, a gym, best breakfast buffet I had in Oman, attentive staff. Excellent rates for all this, in Muscat.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
Dear DezzyB,

Katon93
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2014

I stayed in this hotel from 12th to 18th of March 2014. It was a very good hotel, very clean and comfortable. I have booked a double room "special" for about 70€/night (i.e. 90€ per night including all taxes) and all services were available.
First, a shuttle is quickly arrived at the airport (so we don't have to book a taxi to go to the hotel) and it was the same for the return.
then, I was in the room with my 3 months baby (sleeping in his carry coat) and my 2 and half years old baby sleeping in a baby coat that they have provide to me without charge
The room was very clean, every day they make up the room. Breakfast was included and it was a good a varied buffet. We were allowed to give 3 pieces of clothes per day for laundry and each time we give the clothes the morning, and get back them the afternoon clean and iron as it was new clothes.
The staff is very nice and always ready to help you if needed.
In front of our room there is a noisy road but there is 2 double windows (yes, 2 doubles windows) and it's closed we don't hear anything.
Bathroom and toilet were very clean and towel everyday changed.
Finding the hotel is very simple because the main road of muscat (Sultan qaboos street) leads to Ruwi street and they hotel is just in the roundabout of this street.
But despite some people found ruwi is a good and central place; I don't really like the neighborhood because there is nothing special to do or to see except tens of Indian shop. But if you rent a car (there is a free parking in the hotel) you can go anyway.
Despite Mascat is known to be a city in which hotels are the weak point of the city, without doubt this hotel is a good address

Room Tip: there is, a priori, a night club in the underground of the hotel. Though some people listen this nig...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Dear Katon93,

Bengaluru (Bangalore), India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2014

The hotel is well located , right in the heart of the city. Good and well behaved staff. Had a good time there. The room are quite big and has nice ambience, with a mini bar in it. The bar was quite relaxing.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Dear Vinoth,

southernengland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2014 via mobile

Ruwi is in the business quarter of Muscat and so is not exactly in the centre of things. Muscat is spread out over a vast area but is quite accessible by cab for about 5 OMR. We were contacted by the staff before our arrival and a car was waiting to collect us at the airport. On arrival fresh fruit was waiting for us in our very clean room. The staff were always on hand to help with any queries we had on our three day stopover. Complimentary breakfast was excellent as were all snacks we purchased whilst lounging by the pool. Would recommend

• Stayed March 2014
OmanHotels, General Manager at Ruwi Hotel, responded to this review, March 10, 2014
Dear Garlic1927,

Thank you for your visit to Ruwi Hotel and forwarding your comments on Trip advisor. We are very happy to hear that you have had a wonderful experience at Ruwi Hotel.

My staff and I are delighted to learn that you have enjoyed the location, breakfast buffet. bedrooms and service standards of the hotel. Upon your next visit to Ruwi Hotel, I recommend you to experience our evening Dhow cruise tour / Dolphin watching tour or day tour to desert night camp which are organized by the hotel.

Munich, Germany
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

This hotel is located next to an expressway and the rooms on this side are noisier than those on the mountainside, because I stayed in both. The mountainside rooms were numbered even, wheras the expressway side were numbered odd.

The bed in my room was very comfortable and the room was generally clean and tidy. Wifi worked very well in the room, this is a big plus point. The TV had many different channels in various languages, the mini bar was well stocked and alcohol was available and was not too expensive. I slept well at this hotel.

Breakfast was plentiful, buffet style but always hot. Breakfast service was very polite and attentive.

Reception staff were polite but I felt that the lady behind reception was surly.

I had trouble getting recommendations / directions from the reception staff so I can say that Woodlands Indian restaurant was very good and licensed, and is within walking distance of the hotel. The large KM supermarket is near to the hotel and is very well stocked.

Room Tip: An even numbered room will be mountainside, I think.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
Dear Duncan Bradshaw,

My staff and I are delighted to learn that you have enjoyed the location, breakfast buffet. bedrooms and service standards of the hotel. However your concerns about the service standards of the front desk staff had been addressed.

New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2014

The hotel is located just off a major highway and is very easy to find if you are driving from the airport, plus it's well situated as a base to explore Muscat from. The bar is also ok and the service in particular in the bar was very friendly.

However, the hotel was rather run down. Rooms looked tired and in need of a refresh... basics like very worn fixtures and furnishings. Even towels and linens were noticeably old and were often grey or frayed.

Muscat is not a cheap place for hotels and the Ruwi Hotel is just about ok as a base from which to sleep and explore. However, the overall condition of the place per above does let it down. If I was back in Muscat I would try to find another option around the same price point, rather than go back to this hotel.

Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
Dear Vonhumperdink,

We at Ruwi Hotel- Muscat, sincerely thank you for patronizing our hotel and posting your valuable comments on trip advisor.

We are pleased to hear the positive feedback of yours on the location of the hotel. The Ruwi Hotel has under gone many changes during the past year, upgrading the swimming pool area, the rooms, refurbishment of gymnasium and complete replacement of linen. However we wish to invite you once again to Ruwi Hotel to experience the difference.

I thank you once again for posting your comments on trip advisor and wish you all the very best for your future endeavors.

Ruwi Hotel-Muscat

Been to Ruwi Hotel? Share your experiences!