“Second visit - same positive review” 4 of 5 stars

Al Falaj Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   PO Box 2031, Ruwi 112, Oman   |
Ranked #7 of 9 Hotels in Ruwi
dubai
“Second visit - same positive review”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

I stayed at the Al Falaj around 5 months ago - and at that time, I said I thought it was a good alternative to other, newer 4 star options. I still believe that is true. This hotel has a very positive vibe to it - great friendly service, good food for breakfast - and also very credible a la carte options for lunch and dinner. It is located near some very interesting Indian food options - including the best fresh coconut stall in Muscat. The rooms are clean and quiet - and there's a very good open pool area - and some of the best priced beauty treatments on site (so I've been told)

Well worth a first and second stay - especially if you can get a good deal online.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
alwasil, General Manager at Al Falaj Hotel, responded to this review, June 21, 2013
Dear Client

We want to let you know how gratifying it was to receive your kind note of support and encouragement. Your endorsement of our products is very much appreciated it meant all the more to our team.
I have taken the liberty of sharing your kind words with the other members of the team .The the real movers and players in this team effort. Your words were visibly heartening to them.
Again, please accept my sincere thanks for writing on line and letting our valuable clients know what we have to offer.

Thank you for sparing your precocious time to write about us.

We look forward to see you once e again in the in the near future.

Kind Regards

Binny Ramachanadra

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
  • Korean first
Oman
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

Just stayed one night inThe Falaj Hotel in Oman. It is a typical 3 star hotel. The rooms are small but clean although the fixtures and fittings are old and tired. My view was over the roof of the hotel and there was construction outside which started at 6am in the morning! However the staff were very friendly and the gym is excellent. Its location in Muscat is good but the local traffic makes it dufficult to get around. There is an excelelnt pub attached to the hotel called Nuts & Bolts which serves great Indian food at good prices. If you want to get into the mountains, local villages and beaches its close to everything but dont expect luxury here. Its a good, honest, basic hotel and reasonably priced.

Room Tip: Come to Oman anyway it is a very beautiful, peaceful and magical country!!!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Dear Client
Our heartfelt appreciation for taking time to write about our services and standards. The most valuable recommendations we provide to our customers are comments from our past clients. We highly value comments and the entire team hear at Al Falaj hotel appreciate your feedback.

We do review the comments regularly and it helps us to do our utmost best to improve areas that needs to be improved..
Yes it is a reasonably priced four star hotel and prices are very competitive in comparison to rest of the hotels in the area. We maintain traditional Omani Hospitality and our ambience and recently refurbished lobby and restaurant reflects the Omani Architecture.
I have passed on your comments about the Nut and Bolts food to the team at the Pub and I have thanked them personally for that.

Please do contact us on you next visits to Muscat and we look forward to welcome to your home away from home in Muscat.

Muscat, Oman
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

As the title Says , Just the right place for all kinds of travellers , Hotel is situated right in the middle of Downtown , Church , Temples across the road for the faithful and Bar above and below for the sinners, Old Muscat is just a 5 Minute drive from the hotel to know the tradition despite progressive growth in the country. The hotel is a pleasant stay for all kinds of travellers , However if you are new in town and by yourself, You might need to take the hotel taxi to tour you around. The hotel has good restaurants and Bars serving continental , Western and Indian Food, The 8th Floor has a Japanese restaurant which is only one in the town. There is an indian Restaurant for Asian Food Lovers, The hotel staff are mainly asian and absolutely hospitable In general this hotel suits all kinds of Travellors . This is rated as a 4 Star Hotel and in my opinion decent for those folks from Europe, USA or Australia

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Dear Client
Our sincere thanks for writing to us and letting everyone know about our product and services. A good recommendations from one our satisfied client is what we most value. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed our food and the services. We are very proud of our Japanese Restaurant; it is one of the oldest in town and known for the quality of its food and authentic Japanese cuisine.
Hope you your stay in Muscat was a successful one and the Team hear at Al Falaj look forward to make your next vist hear a memorable one.
We look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Stockholm, Sweden
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

The location is great with everything around you, The MuttrahSouq, Palace etc., We had wondered if we would be too far away from the shopping areas but taxis proved to be cheap and we made full use of them. The hotel was immaculate and the staff were always friendly and helpful.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Guest
We highly appreciate your comments and endorsement of our services this is the way we could built our reputation with our other clients. Your massage has given a great motivation to my team. This is their ultimate goal. That is to achieve highest customer satisfaction.
We thank you once again for taking time to write about us and we look forward welcome you back in the near future.
Copenhagen, Denmark
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

We chose the Al Falaj Hotel, Muscat because of it's reviews from tripadvisor of being nearer to the souq and other local attractions.I am so happy that we did. it was far more than we expected, The staff was extremely helpful and did everything they could to meet our needs.The rooms were very clean and comfortable. The location is a short cab ride away from many of the attractions and the cabs are reasonably priced. Breakfast buffet was wonderful.Pool was very cleanand in my opinion so was the entire hotel.Very happy with our stay.Mr.Zameer was nice man

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
alwasil, General Manager at Al Falaj Hotel, responded to this review, May 7, 2013
Dear Guest

I was delighted to receive your note, and was especially pleased to read your kind words about our services and my team. It made me happy to know you feel at home with us. We too enjoyed reading your comments and I would like let you know how gratifying it was to receive your kind note of support and encouragement. I have personally thanked my team and Zameer for the efforts and services they have provided to make your stay a wonderful one.
Again, please accept my sincere thanks. I look forward to see you once again in the near future.

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

We stayed here for a weekend and the place was great...rooms lovely ..free WIFI everywhere ! Even by the pool. Within reach to all the local attractions.Great Front Desk staff always going out to meet your requirements. Manager “Zameer” very much concerned about the well being of his guest and always very caring.

Will appeal to singles couples and families and has s range of restaurants & bars on different floors that caters accordingly. Very difficult to leave the place honestly!
We enjoyed our breakfasts and dined at the theirrestaurants each night. We especially enjoyed their Indian restaurant on the Ist floor.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest

My sincere thank to you for taking time to write about our products and services and letting all our viewers know what we have to offer.
I have taken the liberty of sharing your endorsements of our services with the other members of the team -the real movers and shakers in this enormous effort. Your words were a great encouragement for them. They, as much as I, deeply appreciate clients who write about us and our services.
Again, please accept my sincere thanks. I look forward to welcome you again next time you are visiting Muscat.

Wakefield, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013 via mobile

I am actually still here and felt compelled to post a review. I was slightly intrepid about the Al Falaj but it is lovely. Nice and homely, decent room and staff very helpful. The gym is fantastic, best free weights section I have ever seen. Wifi is pretty good, food decent and pretty inexpensive. Will certainly stay again.

Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest
Thank you very much for telling us how much you have enjoyed staying with us. I'm so pleased to know that it brightened up your holiday. I am sure that your comments will motivate our clients to patronize our hotel .It certainly is an excellent motivator for my team. To make a difference to our clients services we need our clients support by letting the viewers know when things are right.
Thanks again for your kind comments and taking time to write about us.
Binny Ramachandra

Been to Al Falaj Hotel? Share your experiences!