Save Saved
Free Parking
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Astoria
“Great!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

We enjoyed our overnight stay at this property. Very attractive lobby with plenty of seating. The King room was clean and the bed was very comfortable! Complimentary parking was much appreciated, too! The complimentary Continental breakfast was the standard Fairfield Inn fare, which we enjoyed very much. If we find ourselves in the area again, we'll definitely stay here!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Edmond, Oklahoma, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

I really enjoyed my stay at this hotel. I had never been to New York before, and was leery of such an inexpensive hotel near the airport. However, the rooms were extremely clean and well maintained. I had two great nights of sleep. The staff was very helpful in storing my luggage on my day of departure, as my flight was in the early evening, allowing me to have extra time in Manhattan. It also only took the shuttle 10 minutes to pick me up from the airport. Be aware that the shuttle to/from the subway is on a schedule. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this hotel to someone who wanted a inexpensive hotel near LaGuardia.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Astoria, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

My fiance and I stayed here during a transitional period, while we were looking to move to the local area. The hotel is quiet, clean, and the staff is helpful and friendly. It may not be great for all tourists (it is a bit far from the subway), but it is close to the airport (but far enough away to not be bothered by planes). We direct all our out of town guests to stay here. The parking lot is small, but we have never had an issue. Good for business trips

Note- we traveled and stayed here several times in 2011 (did not have a Trip Advisor Account at the time), but have had family stay here as recently as December 2012. Therefore, I placed the time my family stayed here last, because there was no option for when we stayed.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Stockholm
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012 via mobile

I am writing it from the hotel. It's a nice and tightly run ship. No bells or whistles but great value and very practical. Price is not very low but this is nearly new year so still pretty good. However, you can't find a better value as they provide you ride to & from the airport and nearest subway station. Driver is very efficient and polite and shuttle runs every half hour but if you call than he comes as soon as possible. House keeping was good and its all neat and clean. Breakfast was quite good for a complimentary service. Lobby is small but cute and functional with vending, tv, waiting area, computer and free yummy cookies. Hotel's front desk staff is very polite, efficient and helpful. We are Marriott members so they allowed us late check out to suit match our flight. Rooms and baths are basic but decent size. You get microwave, refrigerator, coffee maker with supplies, basic toiletries,iron, tv and comfortable beds with clean bedding. Room had good heating and shower was good as well. Wi-fi is FREE. We didn't like the fact that our room wasn't sound proof and noises from the highway and insomniac neighbors kept us awake at night. I must say that whoever is running it, he/she is doing a superb job. We like Marriott but didn't expect much from Fairfield level but apparently its a great value for its class. By the way area around the hotel is low middle class but very safe and you can find good eating places. Little Egypt is five minute walk and has some great middle eastern restaurants and Pronto on 45 & 28th is is a good Italian place.

• Stayed December 2012
Las Vegas, Nevada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012 via mobile

Rooms were ok. We had the spa room and it was kind of random, you could see directly into bathroom. The spa (tub) was right in the middle you can watch tv in room but there was no privacy to bathroom.

Room was very night at night and there was a loud ongoing noise from something - I couldn't figure it out.

• Stayed November 2012
Charlotte, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

I usually dred going to an airport hotel in NYC. They are usually tiny little dumps and they are usually dirty. This hotel was a nice surprise. The staff was very nice and the hotel is very, very clean. The rooms aren't huge, but that's expected in NY. I would definitely recommend this hotel. Free breakfast was very good too.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Knoxville
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

Great lil hotel with newer feel and not dive-ish at all. Clean rooms, comfy bed.. Family of 4, so it was tight, but doable. Shuttle to subway was great going, but he never showed up coming back, so we walked....it was a nice day so it wasn't that bad, we were just tired. The free breakfast was nice for the kids and that extra touch that families look for when booking hotels.

My only issue was financial. I booked the room with my debit card. My husband switched the room over to his card... No problem, at least that's what I thought. We checked out on Sunday and and on Tuesday, I noticed on my banks web site that the hotel had put a "hold" on my card and it took forever for them to work it out (after 3 class to the hotel and 2 to the bank). This hassle cost me two hours in time just working it out and my getting in the middle of my bank and the hotel was a huge pain. This "hold" wasn't even lifted until Friday.

According to my bank, this is starting to become standard practice among hotels. If you know this going in, you can deal with it, but it was a slap in the wallet for 5 days because my bank "hold" reduced my available balance by $250 (because they add more to it for "incidentals").

All that aside, it was a nice place with friendly staff and we would possibly return should we ever get back to Queens.

Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Been to Fairfield Inn New York LaGuardia Airport / Astoria? Share your experiences!