“Authentic and Fabulous Greek Food!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Long Island, New York
“Authentic and Fabulous Greek Food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2012

My fish monger recommended Bahari to me and it did not dissappoint. The service was warm and welcoming. We started with Tzatziki. It was by far the best I have ever had. Most are thin and watery. This one was thick and creamy and loaded with delicious flavor. The branzini was cooked to perfection as was the grilled shrimp. My husband had a sliced lamb dish with lemon potatoes that was light and scrumptious! We can't wait to go back!

• Visited August 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Long Island, NY
“Authentic Greek Food in a family style setting”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2012

Wonderful Greek Restaurant in Astoria! Great for large families/groups so you can order a bunch of appetizers to share and try a little of everything. Fresh fish always in the window. Be sure to check out the food specials as you walk in and order if you see something good right away. The place has Excellent "cooked" Greek food. Loved the Mousaka, lamp chops, and Papousakia. One time I ate here they ran out of the Papousakia (Little shoes) from the time I walked in to when I ordered. They will even make fresh French fries for the kids. Can't wait to go again.

• Visited March 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Kent, Washington
“Passable food, subpar service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2012

I was seated immediately...And the food (baby lamb shank stewed in a mild tomato sauce, plus a side of veggies sautéed in olive oil and garlic) was tasty but, well, meh. What detracted from the meal was the impatient service by the waitress, who served a glass of wine and then expected a quick decision on my menu choice. I don't need much but five minutes usually, but I did want to peruse the menu of what is for me an unfamiliar restaurant in an unfamiliar city. Once I'd decided, the food arrived in seconds (the place wasn't crowded, so there weren't people waiting for a table). The two bussers then stood there next to me with nothing to do, apparently waiting for me to do anything to give them a used plate to remove. It was as if they couldn't wait for me to leave. The whole evening lasted no more than 30 minutes from the time I arrived until I left. Never again.

• Visited July 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Scottsdale, Arizona
“Great Birthday Celebration”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2012

My daughter planned my birthday dinner for 15 people at Bahari Estiatorio and they did a fabulous job. We had a little of everything so everyone could try a variety of menu items. The eggplant dip and potato garlic dip were wonderful. Also the grilled calamari and grilled shrimp. They had the best spinach pie I have ever had and the service was excellent. They could not have been nicer. The restaurant has been redone and the ambience is very nice. All in all, a great dinner on a special day.

• Visited June 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Portsmouth, New Hampshire
“New York City Astoria Gem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2012

Excellent Greek food .Order Oktapodi Scharas,Krya Pikilia, Grilled whole Sea Bass,Gigantes and Arakas.The food is great,the prices reasonable .Take the subway from Manhattan. I go every trip to NYC.

• Visited May 2012