i really like my stay in this motel/dorm, the price is very cheap that is why i did not expect too much from them but i fond it perfect for me - a budget traveler. here are my observations:
- very cheap, less than $30 for a tourist in new york
- public transportation accessible. either you use the bus M60/Q59 along astoria or bus Q69(preferred) along ditmas and will connect you to other bus or subway. using a smartrip 7 days unlimited is the best as if you can go anywhere at anytime without worries of the fare for a cost of $29 only.
- clean facilities: bed, toilet, hallway, and the common areas. no bad odor no bed bugs.
- queens areas is very friendly, everybody is willing to talk and help you.
- safe area even at night, be sure to use always the ditmas route.
- this is not a 5 star hotel that is why this is not a perfect for those people who is uncomfortable of sharing specially for a light sleeper, you can hear some acceptable noise from the highways and your roommates.
- the astoria blvd is not convenient and you will feel of unsafe as the hostel is facing a big cemetery. but if you use the ditmas blvd you will feel the other way around as if your living in a safe community like locals.
- no breakfast included but they are very kind to offer a free banana every morning.
- you can find more good hotel for the same price but near manhattan? i bet you cant..
if you can notice all the cons where properly address that is why i rated this as excellent and would highly recommended for a budget traveler like me.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with HostelBookers, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Westway Hotel Laguardia Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Westway Hotel Laguardia Airport Astoria, New York