“Loud European-Style Pub!” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Maseru, Lesotho
“Loud European-Style Pub!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

Nce establishment with a cozy atmosphere, but is noisy and not a place to have a quite dinner. Good food, Fast service, Polite waiters!

• 5 of 5 stars Food

Nairobi, Kenya
“Positive surprise - very good seafood”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2014

Stumbled into what looks like a small pub from the outside. We were looking for another restaurant but couldn't find it. We were led to the 1st floor where there is a huge sitting area, the pub actually happens there, rather than downstairs or in the back. Excellent seafood on the menu plus fast and efficient service. Recommended.

• Visited May 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Cape Town Central, South Africa
“Good honest food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2014

Great venue for good German/Namibian cuisine. Nice vibe and within walking distance from Swakop Guest house.

Perth, Australia
“Good Food - Suggest more beers on Tap !”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2014

My colleague and I ventured into this establishment on a Friday night for dinner and thankfully we had booked in advance. The restaurant gets busy however, on the night we were there the kitchen was able to cope and dinner was served promptly and for the price was perfect.
The bar during the week is more a locals bar and is quite small however, there are tables outside the front which don't seem to fill.
The bar and restaurant services were great and the selection of wine was suitable for my colleague however, there are limited choices when it comes to tap beer (1) in the lower floor bar.
For an intimate meal I suggest another bar as Kucki's can get noisy however, their is an upstairs area that is quieter then below on occasions.
Kucki's indoor area's are smoke free and I understand that a new law now requires it to be however, other bars in Swacopmund still allow smoking in doors and restaurant areas therefore if you're a non smoker I suggest asking first what they do and don't allow when it comes to smoking.
I would definitely go to Kucki's again.

• Visited May 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Stellenbosch
“Grateful”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2014

We decided on a whim to pop in and have dinner at Kucki's Pub on our way through Swakopmund. We didnt realise that the place was so popular. However, the owner (I assume he was the owner) made space for us at the end of the bar and we ordered a couple of Erdinger Weiss Bier's and I had a sirlion while Gail had the Sole. If people were not watching me I would probably have licked the plate clean it was so good.

After knocking back a few Underbergs (around 4 or 5 - maybe 6) with the owner and one of his mates from Gobabis we finaly weaved our way back to our B&B - though I suspect we took the scenic route.

• 5 of 5 stars Food