“Vibrant and compfortable” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Cape Town Central, South Africa
“Vibrant and compfortable”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

This vibrant bar/restaurant offers great food and a good atmosphere. The traditional German influence in the town came through in the food, and despite the very full restaurant, we were comfortable there. The bar was busy, full of locals and travellers, making it an interesting place to be. Make a booking in advance though, since this seemed to be a very popular place to eat/drink!

Visited November 2012

Cape Town Central, South Africa
“Great food in a pub environment”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

The atmosphere was great with the pub buzzing all the time. The food was really good and all six people in the party commented on the tasty food.

Ask the owner about the story behind the piece of aircraft fuselage attached to the wall.

Visited January 2013
Johannesburg, South Africa
“Good honest food that wont break the bank.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

As a family it was handy finding a restaurant that has a menu that catered for a group. The food is reasonably priced the drinks the same. while not a gourmet restaurant the atmosphere is great.

Visited January 2013
Perth, Australia
“Some good, some bad”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

We booked a table for about 15 for 8 pm, second session and had to wait over two hours for our meals to arrive. One meal was returned as it was not cooked well but others where not and some where cold but others where good like mine. The thing that was most irritating was the smoking in the restaurant. How can anyone enjoy their meal with all that smoke? I have been there every time I come to Namibia, but this time it was not enjoyable.

• Visited December 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Bad dish, unwelcoming service”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

We went to this restaurant on a recommendation from our guesthouse. After driving all day and eating mostly gas station food, we were really looking forward to eating. I ordered a side of asparagus and I am very glad that I did. It was delicious and the only good thing about my meal. As an entree, I ordered the Butterfish. Perhaps this is where cultural differences came into play. I assumed that Butterfish was the delicious, rich fish, that I've eaten on occasion in the states. What I received was a tough, fried, unrecognizable serving of fish with butter on top. It literally made my stomach hurt.

In addition, the service wasn't great. I cannot give a specific action as an example, so take this with a grain of salt. But we felt as though we were a nuisance.

• Visited December 2012