“Beautiful hotel, but make sure to check your bill!” 3 of 5 stars

Michlifen Ifrane Suites & Spa
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Avenue Hassan 2. BP 18, Ifrane 53000, Morocco   |
Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in Ifrane
Austin
“Beautiful hotel, but make sure to check your bill!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

I had dinner in the lounge area with a colleague. When I got the bill, I noticed that I had been charged for an item that I had not ordered. Both my colleague and I confirmed that they made a mistake. It was only 90 dirhams on an over 1,100 dirham bill, but yet they choose to argue the point. I would have let it drop, but I am sitting here listening to them criticize me in French (they do not realize that I speak French and understand everything they are saying).

All they had to do is accept that it was a mistake and I would have gladly paid the full bill and left a tip. Instead, I still paid the full bill and told them that the overcharge was the tip.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
  • Arabic first
Marrakech, Morocco
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

We went to the Michlifen around the end of December with my husband for a week end!
I have to admit that I was very surprised by the hotel, the service and the attention to details.

The building is beautiful and make you feel warm, the staff have this genuine kindness and the service is excellent. They remember what you like and make sure to provide it.

The food is really good, I also tried the Spa and i wasnt disappointed at all.
For the food, the whole Menu is good but their Risotto and their Ice Tea is a must.

I have shared some pictures with you, but i highly recommend this hotel and i also want to thank the team for their excellent work!

I will come back for sure!!!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

Pro's:
Gorgeous hotel
Very quiet
Nice Pool but it closes very early

Con's:
Pricey but the hotel is beautiful
Terrible staff
Unaccomodating staff
Rude staff
Location is not great if you want to be in Fez

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Rotterdam, The Netherlands
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

With a few nights spare before heading to Fes and after part of our trip in Morocco had not entirely gone according to plan we were pleasantly surprised when we got to Ifrane. We'd read about this European-style town of course, but seeing clean streets (with bins) after 10 days of filth everywhere was a very welcome sight.

The staff of one of the hotels where we checked availability was downright rude, and although there are signs for the Best Western hotel everywhere they just kept us driving around town and nobody seemed to know where it was located exactly, not even the police officers.

So up the hill it was to the Michlifen. We managed to get a good deal for the night for a room with a large terrace overlooking the pool.

We used the lovely indoor pool (had it all to ourselves), had a to-die-for meal in the restaurant and a fabulous sleep in the more-than-luxurious king size bed. So much so that when we woke up in the morning it only took a minute to decide we'd stay another night!

We never experienced any bad service or attitude by the staff as mentioned here by other reviewers. In fact they were all extremely friendly, helpful and polite, both in the lobby and in the restaurant. I do agree though that check-in is an extremely long procedure here, and again payment with AmEx seemed a problem (although pre-authorisation when we checked in went through without a glitch). As I have said in other reviews: if hotels are not prepared to pay the commission fee for AmEx transactions they shouldn't state that they accept the card for payment.

I truly regret not using the spa and hammam services. Had a peek in the rooms on the way to and from the pool and it looked absolutely out of this world!

After two nights at the Michlifen we were ready again for the madness that Morocco can be!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
London, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012

After doing my research in finding the most romantic place to give my wife her birthday treat, I decided to stay 3 nights at Michlifin. To start with I was impressed with great help by Sabrine(hotel guest admin) who has arranged my room with beautiful red roses and also arranged the most beautiful view through my room balcony. Through out my stay I was made welcome and staff was very helpful. I have stayed in my past one of the most beautiful hotels in the world to give some names Bue Rivage in switzerland and Burg Arab Dubai but staying in Michlifin was completely magical experience. I will be going back again to spend some more time and probably in coming years this place will be my destination to relax and enjoy my time with its beautiful views and relaxing set out in the middle of mountains.

I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone who is looking to have magical experience.
Once again Thanks to all the staff and specially Sabrine who made my stay special.

Room Tip: pool side, 3rd or 4th floor
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Brighton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

We visited during Ramadan and had Iftar at the Moroccan style restaurant. It was truly wonderful. Michlifen has to be one of the most beautiful hotels in Morocco, great decor, location and service. I shall be booking for a much longer stay next time and trying out the amazing Spa!

• Stayed August 2012
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

The hotel is 5 star with nice decoration and very clean, though the rooms were beatiful and luxury but small in size, the worst thing in this hotel is the staff, they are unfriendly and rude, even though you ask them for a favor they would mostly apologize !
Surprisingly a 5 star hotel has only 2 check in desks and no conseirge !
The staff shoukd be replaced to enjoy in this hotel.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Michlifen Ifrane Suites & Spa? Share your experiences!