With a few nights spare before heading to Fes and after part of our trip in Morocco had not entirely gone according to plan we were pleasantly surprised when we got to Ifrane. We'd read about this European-style town of course, but seeing clean streets (with bins) after 10 days of filth everywhere was a very welcome sight.
The staff of one of the hotels where we checked availability was downright rude, and although there are signs for the Best Western hotel everywhere they just kept us driving around town and nobody seemed to know where it was located exactly, not even the police officers.
So up the hill it was to the Michlifen. We managed to get a good deal for the night for a room with a large terrace overlooking the pool.
We used the lovely indoor pool (had it all to ourselves), had a to-die-for meal in the restaurant and a fabulous sleep in the more-than-luxurious king size bed. So much so that when we woke up in the morning it only took a minute to decide we'd stay another night!
We never experienced any bad service or attitude by the staff as mentioned here by other reviewers. In fact they were all extremely friendly, helpful and polite, both in the lobby and in the restaurant. I do agree though that check-in is an extremely long procedure here, and again payment with AmEx seemed a problem (although pre-authorisation when we checked in went through without a glitch). As I have said in other reviews: if hotels are not prepared to pay the commission fee for AmEx transactions they shouldn't state that they accept the card for payment.
I truly regret not using the spa and hammam services. Had a peek in the rooms on the way to and from the pool and it looked absolutely out of this world!
After two nights at the Michlifen we were ready again for the madness that Morocco can be!
- Also Known As:
- Michlifen Ifrane Hotel Ifrane
- Michlifen Ifrane Hotel
- Michlifen Ifrane Suites And Spa
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Michlifen Ifrane Suites & Spa is located at an altitude of 1650 m, in one of the most privileged and attractive regions of Morocco : The Central Middle Atlas; at equal distances from the 2 main imperial cities of Meknes and Fez. An extremely fertile area, rich in waters and pastures often described as the “Little Switzerland” of Morocco.Open in 1973 and conceived by the famous designer André Paccard. Michlifen Ifrane Suites & Spa has been entirely renovated. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Venere, Hotels.com, Splendia, Expedia, Priceline and Tingo so you can book your Michlifen Ifrane Suites & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.