This boutique ski resort-meets-palace style resort is huge and the lobby is spectacular, but the most amazing part is the outdoor deck just outside the bar and breakfast areas - you go down a few steps to the pool, which is "joined" to an indoor pool which even has a chimney so you can swim in winter and watch the snowflakes falling. A lot of money was spent on renovating this property and it shows. I believe it's the sister hotel to La Mamounia in Marrakech and it really deserves to be 6-star. Rooms are beautiful, the views even more so and if it's tranquility and fresh air you want, it's on offer in spades. I'm surprised the other reviewer had poor service as the staff couldn't do enough for us and the breakfast is fit for a king (one of King Mohammed VI's residences is a palace down the road and you can see the emerald tiled roof from your balcony!).Brits don't have a clue about this hotel, seems to be on the radar for some Europeans but mention it in the UK and nobody's heard of it.
Ryanair have just pulled out of Morocco (almost totally) and there are no more Stansted (London) to Fez flights which will impact Fez. After Oct 1 2012 you'll have to get to Fez via. Paris or Milan or Brussells depending on the time of year/airline. So a big BOO to Ryanair. They cancelled my flight after I'd booked it. But if you're in/around Fez and fancy a trip into the mountains to Michlifen, the ski resort, this beautiful, fairytale palace of a place awaits you...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Michlifen Ifrane Suites & Spa is located at an altitude of 1650 m, in one of the most privileged and attractive regions of Morocco : The Central Middle Atlas; at equal distances from the 2 main imperial cities of Meknes and Fez. An extremely fertile area, rich in waters and pastures often described as the “Little Switzerland” of Morocco.Open in 1973 and conceived by the famous designer André Paccard. Michlifen Ifrane Suites & Spa has been entirely renovated. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Agoda, Splendia, Priceline, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Michlifen Ifrane Suites & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Michlifen Ifrane Suites And Spa
- Michlifen Ifrane Hotel Ifrane