“a wonderfull stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #31 of 78 hotels in Essaouira
Brasschaat, Belgium
“a wonderfull stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2014

I am a traveller looking for authencity, for good taste, for a peacufull and friendly atmosphere.
This i experienced in Hotel Villa soleil. Marie was very warm and welcoming, and i had long and good talks with MIrzha. The stylish and quiet room, in white and blue has beautiful terrasse, from where i could hear the sea rolling. ( the shower: hot and strong!!)
The beach is just on the corner, and i had good talks there with tose energetic wind surfers, and a nice ride on a hors. Good times i will never forget.
I can recommend it to all: hotel villa soleil, good quality and not expensive.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo

50 people have reviewed this hotel

Goldswil, Switzerland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2014

we stayed there in january, which is one of the coldest months in marokko. the rooms were pretty cold (no heating) and felt humid. checking the pictures it changed a bit since jean marc is not there anymore. the owner, marie, was friendly and helpful to a certain point but gave me the impression of being burnt out of the hospitality. fusia the local helper girl was very friendly and all smiles. if your happy with the minimum thats a good place to stay.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

This place was worth every penny! Arriving at around 8:30pm, I was pleasantly greeted by the owner, Marie, and without fuss was quickly shown to my room. I wanted something a little more open space and without me having to ask, she had the insight to know that I wanted to see another room. Without issue she whisked me off to another that I found suitable to my mood! The hotel is located 5 minutes walk from the beach in a very quiet and little village about 10 miles from Essaouira. The beach is much nicer here than in Essy. There's not much to do if you are looking for bustling nightlife or the bustle of many people for that matter. For me it was a perfect place to decompress and enjoy some "me" time. It's great for surfing and sun bathing, horseback, camel or quad riding on the beach. There's not much else to do. The service at Villa Soleil is intuitive and attentive. I asked for a beer and it was served with a glass & bottle opener on a tray which I brought back to my room. The common area by my room was comfortably appointed with beach chairs, a table and chairs and a couple of hammocks to drift into an after-sun slumber.
Breakfast was not included but could be purchased for 3 euro. The typical Moroccan crepes with assorted jams and honey, bread, butter, orange juice, and coffee that would satisfy any westerner's palate. The milk for my coffee was served cold, for once. In general I enjoyed my stay and was extremely relaxed by the time I left. The charm and simplicity of staying at Hotel Villa Soleil had everything to do with it!

• Stayed September 2013
Santander
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

The hotel was perfect to stay one week at Sidi Kaouki. It is clean, the rooms are beautiful painted all in white and blue. The bed was excelent. And the bathroom also perfect. I was staying with a friend doing surf there in the atic where there are two rooms, one for a couple and another with two beds. The best thing is the little terrace where we passed the nights looking at the stars. Super views of the sky.
It is next to the beach. In the middle of the turistic beach and the fisher beach. Very well located.
Finally, the breakfast was perfect, with a french air, bread, mermelade, coffee or tea, crepe... really nice!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

Love this place. Beautifully decorated, clean rooms, sunny weather, right next to a quiet beach. Very lovely staff that run the villa and a good breakfast included in the stay. Wifi access is available although quite slow. The beach and village itself are absolutely lovely minus the fact that on some days, the wind is quite extreme and can make sitting out on the beach unattractive. However, on those days you can retreat to the hotel where the high walls block out the wind and you can lay in a hammock or sit in a chair on your sun porch. Inexpensive restaurants serving fresh fish right by the water. The only drawbacks for us were first that we didn't know the hotel was cash only and there is no ATM or bank in Sidi Kaouki so one person went with us back to Essaouira so we could pay them. Also, it was Ramadan so the hotel was not serving any dinner but a couple of other places do serve dinner (although options are limited). Only wish we could have stayed longer. A very relaxing place.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Northampton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2011

We took a fifty pence bus ride from Essaouira - which leaves from just outside the North gate every hour and a quarter. We had booked two nights' stay in advance by email and were greeted warmly. The room (in a series of bungalows) was airy and clean and pleasantly decorated in a modern style. The garden was delightful and we enjoyed the hammocks. Breakfast was good, taken on the beautiful front terrace and the extra cost was very reasonable. Belgian owner Marie is charming and extremely helpful. We recommend taking a torch if you are planning to eat out as the riad is off the road, down a short but stony unlit track and the road itself is also unlit. The beach was never busy and we had it to ourselves when we went for an early morning swim - accompanied by the resident pack of amazingly friendly, and playful semi-feral dogs - we were glad that we'd had the foresight to tie our bag of towels and keys etc to the lifeguard perch. The large wooden fronted German-run surf school/bar/restaurant served excellent burgers, Vietnamese food and cold beer. We really enjoyed sardines and fresh bread from the snack kiosk nearest the beach too.
All in all a beautiful, friendly place to stay, in a wonderful location. We can't recommend it highly enough, and hope to be back soon. Thank you Marie!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2011

Earlier this year my husband and I embarked on a two week trip of Morocco. Most of our time was spent between the cities of Marrakech an Agadir but we managed to squeeze a two day visit to Essaouira before we came back to London.
However, thanks to last minute booking and a great deal of rushing through information we didn't realise that Sidi Kaouki was at least a 30 min drive from Essaouira( I know, stupid, right?)! After some negotiation we found a reasonably priced taxi fare. We hoped on a that cab crossing fingers and hoping everything turned not to be a huge mistake and apparently our prayers were answered.
There's no sightseeing, no special attraction in the area_thankfully! After all the hustle and bustle of Marrakech, Sidi Kaouki proved to be a very welcomed change of pace. We were actually able to relax for the first time on our entire trip. The hotel was also the best we stayed at in Morocco. It's a pretty white washed villa, located in a green spot close to beach. The dinner is delicious and the breakfast quite filling. The best part has to be the service, both welcoming and non intrusive. And here goes a tip: do yourself a favour and carry some cash as the closest cashpoint is in Essaouira. The hotel owner was really kind and gave us a ride to a bank in the city, but next time we will know better.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel Villa Soleil? Share your experiences!