Stayed for a week and the owners and staff were excellent. All extremely friendly and helpful.
Food good throughout the stay; the owners eat all their meals in the hotel restaurant which adds to the relaxed atmosphere. The upstairs grill restaurant was even more impressive. And the food costs are on a par with other locations, but typically better quality.
20 mins walk to the medina - but this is not a necessarily bad thing.
Ranch Diabet for horse riding (see web site).
Great harbour views from hotel bar next to Taras restaurant; access via the inner walls.
Recommend a meal at one of the 'huts' near the harbour; good local fish. Lots of choice for good, and good value food in the Medina.
If you like a hike (not a walk), suggest the Al Qalb monument on Azlef hill. 3 hour round trip from Riad Zahra - just follow your nose up the dunes/scrub land; we saw some wild camels en route and not one person.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Near the Essaouira Medina and just 2 minutes walk to the beach, this 23 room family Riad with pool and 2 restaurants is a haven of peace. It's an ideal starting point for numerous water activities and excursions by 4x4, horse or camel.Too windy for the beach ? Just rest and relax on the terrace with its great sea view or by the pool.Satellite TV and Free WIFI accessParking ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Despegar.com, HostelBookers, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Riad Zahra Mogador reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riad Zahra Mogador Essaouira
- Riad Zahra Mogador Hotel Essaouira