“Perfect Riad for a Kitetrip” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Package Deal
Ranked #13 of 78 hotels in Essaouira
Amsterdam
“Perfect Riad for a Kitetrip”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

A perfect spot for a kitetrip in Essaouira, located very close to the beach.
The rooms are big, the breakfast is the best & the owner, his son and all the other staff who work there are very kind, all really nice people. They make you feel like home immediately and they help you with anything, anytime, always!
There are also a few shelves with books you may read (all kind of languages), which was a great solution when I finished my book ☺.
The kiteschool next to the riad is very good too. Great teacher and helpful staff.
If there’s no wind to do watersports, you can relax at the pool & in 5 min (cheap taxi) you’re in the Medina.
I do absolutely recommend this Riad to all kiters who are planning a trip to Essaouira! And hopefully I come back there once myself!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
XavierEssaouira, Propriétaire at Riad Zahra Mogador, responded to this review, June 16, 2013
Dear Marjolein,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this fantastic review.
I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us, and was very glad we met your expectations.
I hope to see you soon

341 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
  • Polish first
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

My family and I have just returned from 5 nights stay at Riad Zahra really great location if you want to take part in water sports and the taxi to the Medina in the evening is 50p so no big deal. Excellent hospitality with a lovely breakfast each morning. We all enjoyed relaxing by the pool after our surfing etc lessons and the children loved swimming with the small turtle that got in the pool occasionally. Good value for money.

Room Tip: We had a 2 rooms on the top floor one for myself and my husband and a room next door for our 12 and...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
XavierEssaouira, Owner at Riad Zahra Mogador, responded to this review, June 6, 2013
Dear guests,

Thank you for writing such a positive review of our hotel on Tripadvisor.
We hope to welcome you back to Riad Zahra in the near futur.
Perth, Western Australia, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

Just spent six nights @ Riad Zahra & cannot speak highly enough of the place, the management, & staff.

The riad is 250 meters from the beach & was the perfect location for us as we were in Essaouira to go kite boarding.

Our room overlooked the pool & gave us sweeping views of the beach. There are two restaurants within the Riad & each served great food, especially the afternoon happy hour/tapas.

Xaivier (the owner) is/was wonderfully polite & engaging and cannot be faulted for how the place runs. His son Jofrey gave us really useful local knowledge about the beach & for kiting. All of the staff we great also.

The riad isn't just for kiters, there were numerous European families & couples staying whilst we were there also.

The riad is a reasonable 15 minute walk from the medina.

If you're going to Essaouira to go kiting, this is absolutely THE place to stay. If you're going to Essaouira (but not kiting), stay here regardless.

• Stayed May 2013
XavierEssaouira, Owner at Riad Zahra Mogador, responded to this review, June 4, 2013
Dear guests,
Many thanks for this review and for recommending the Riad Zahra.We are glad to read that your stay was pleasant.
We hope to welcome you back to Essaouira in the near futur.
All the best
Sunbury, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

My husband & I spent 5 nights at this lovely Riad. We were in a standard room on the top floor & found it very spacious. The breakfasts were plentiful & there are 2 restaurants to choose from in the evenings, both serving wonderful food. The large swimming pool is an added bonus despite the cool temperature, & you might find yourself sharing it with the small resident turtle! It is about 20 mins walk into the Medina......great going barefoot on the beach or less than a £1 by local taxi.
The manager/owner greeted us every day & was extremely helpful & friendly, & I wouldn't hesitate in recommending this Riad to family & friends.

Room Tip: Standard room was very spacious.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
XavierEssaouira, Owner at Riad Zahra Mogador, responded to this review, May 29, 2013
Dear guest,
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at Riad Zahra.
We are happy to read that you enjoyed the hotel and the quality of food.
On behalf of the entire team, I look forward to welcoming you back to Riad Zahra.
Sincerely
The Hague, The Netherlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

I went to Riad Zahra from the 20th of May 2013 for almost 10 days. I was a bit worried because it was the first time for me in Morocco, but I had a wonderful stay. Xavier (I am not sure if the name is correct) the owner is very welcome and he has been able to accomplish ANY of my requests. Really a wonderful and charming hotel manager.
The price is very low but the quality is very high!
The food is great, you can have lunch at any time in the swimming pool and great grill meat and fish (always fresh) on the terrace, which has an astonishing view.
I was alone on this trip but I didn't feel lonely, not even for one day. The staff is wonderful and every evening they were waiting for me to come back after being in the city partying with friends.
I really felt home and I am 100% sure that this will be my home when I will come back to Morocco.
I came here for kitesurfing and this is the perfect spot, wind every day, kite shack attached to the riad and very professional people at Kite Morocco.
Trust me, come here at riad zahra, you will not be disappointed.

Room Tip: I really suggest you the suite with the sea view, or the suite with the balcony, they are both nice...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Grazie Raffaele per questa magnifica recenzione .
Many thanks for recommending the Riad Zahra.
We are very happy to read that our hotel was able to answer your expectations, and we will be very glad to welcome you back in the future.
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

We stayed at Riad Zahra for 10 nights in May. As far as hotels go it is one of the best experiences I have ever had. The staff can't do enough for you. It is a family run hotel and you really get that personal touch that the big chain hotels can't deliver. The food in the restaurant is of a very high standard and very reasonably priced. The hotel itself is beautifully presented and the terrapins in the pool are adorable. I would recommend anyone to stay at Riad Zahra if visiting Essaouira.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Gracias Gemma y Mikel for taking the time to share your experience on Tripadvisor and has been a great pleasure to meet you.
We hope to have you back at Riad Zahra soon.
Hasta la vista
Canterbury, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

if you like kitesurfing and fun people i would definitely check this place out I'm trying to book up for the second time this year , if your with a group of mates or a family, there is something for you to do , the staff are grate and if your new to morocco i would get to know them as that will help you out a lot wether its booking you up for best restaurant in the city , or giving you tips on how to improve your kitesurfing , cant say enough about this place felt very welcome , loved it .

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
XavierEssaouira, Owner at Riad Zahra Mogador, responded to this review, May 25, 2013
Hi Josh,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this fantastic review.
In Essaouira sun shines again and is windy again...
We hope to welcome you back to Riad Zahra in the near futur.
Xavier

Been to Riad Zahra Mogador? Share your experiences!