“great experience!” 5 of 5 stars

3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   22 rue Draa, Essaouira 44100, Morocco   |
Ranked #13 of 77 Hotels in Essaouira
“great experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2014

We extended our stay here and ended up being here for 4 nights. We have been travelling a long time, experienced all sorts of accom from cheap hostels to 5 star hotels and found this to be the best value for money so far. Samir, Yousef and the rest of the staff were extremely friendly, helpful and professional. The location is hands down the best, right in the middle of the medina, with nothing more than a 5 min walk away and ensures you receive the true Essaouira experience. Wifi is very good and breakfast on the terrace is a must!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2013

This place is perfect for people who are traveling to see Essaouira, not to stay in a 5-star luxurious hotel (good luck finding one). It's got basic but nice rooms, good coffee and bread/jam breakfast, and really great employees. I stayed with two friends while visiting from london, where we were on study abroad, in february of 2008. I think it's worth saying that we felt safe here (being 3 young women), as harassment of Western women is pretty common (a ten year old boy ran up and lifted up my skirt when we were walking by the beach!). The guys who work at this lil bed and breakfast are also plenty willing to escort you to a more well-lit/busier area at night. If you want a real Moroccan experience while feeling comfortable and safe and well cared for, I highly recommend this place. Watch out for the feral cats wrestling in the alley right before

Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Washington DC, District of Columbia
1,731 reviews 1,731 reviews
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2013

First of all, this is a hostel not a charming or boutique hotel.
The first floor, the common area, is nice, its well decorated and cozy.
But the rooms are very basic.
We got a room right next to the laundry in the terrace, with no AC. and the window in the bathroom didn't close completely.
During the winter is cold at night.
i was feeling sick, I got a cold, so I asked to change rooms. The guy, in front desk, refused it. He said that they were fully booked which was not true and besides that, we were the first checking in. Greedy culture.
They only have hot water between 8 am to 8 pm. I tried to have a shower at 9pm and the water was cold. They should add that info on tripadvisor. This is very relevant info that you cannot hide. If I knew that in advance I wouldn't book a room in this place.
Wifi didn't work in my room.
I found several small black hairs in the area around the sink.
The breakfast starts too late. if you have to take a Supra Tour bus or if you are a morning person like me, at 8.30am.
The breakfast is good: orange juice, coffee or tea, Moroccan pancake, Moroccan bread and one pan au chocolate.
It has a great location, in a main square alley, very quiet.
I do not recommend this place during winter. I guess that it would be fine in summer, if you are just looking for a (very) basic and affordable room in a convenient location.

Note: room number 5 doesn't have interior bathroom.

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2013 via mobile

An excellent hotel which I doubt could be beaten for value, friendliness, location or service. We were given a surprise upgrade from the €39 double room to the larger, very attractive, first floor "suite" which usually costs €79 (a bargain even at that price) consisting of a bedroom, salon, bathroom, extra sleeping space on a mezzanine + free breakfast. The upgrade may have been due to us being in Essaouira "out of season" (a perfectly sunny Winter!) but there seemed to be a constant stream of guests so popular is this hotel - I guess we were lucky. My wife and I were very impressed by the young staff members who were extremely polite and genuinely kind. The rooms are spotless, heating was provided and the Riad is beautifully kept. The management of this hotel seems to be very serious about maintaining its well deserved reputation. The hotel is located in the medina in a quiet lane way - could be hard to find on your own. We were met at the Bab Shabab gate and guided to the hotel upon our arrival. Les Matins Bleus is up there with some of the best small, economical hotels we have stayed at anywhere in the world. Congratulations - near perfect for the price. Totally delightful.

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
St Leonards on sea, UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2013

We stayed at Les Matins Bleus for 2 weeks and had a wonderful relaxing stay. The Raid is perfectly located in the Medina.
The hosts genuinely want to please and help you have a nice stay, and are so respectful and pleasant it is very heartwarming.
Everything is very clean and the decor beautiful.
Breakfast served daily on the patio or dining room, all at your convenience. We had dinner 3 evenings, 3 course meal for 90 dirhams and any special meals would be cooked, what ever you fancy!!
I would recommend this hotel , and will defiantly return.

Room Tip: Our room was on the top floor with easy access to the patio and roof terrace. Wi fi was still ok up...