“Best hotel of our trip” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Emeraude Riad Hotel

Save Saved
You added Emeraude Riad Hotel to your Saves list
Emeraude Riad Hotel
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   228 rue Chbanate | Petite Porte Bab Marrakech, Essaouira 44000, Morocco   |
Ranked #32 of 78 hotels in Essaouira
London, United Kingdom
“Best hotel of our trip”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

We have just completed a 1700 mile tour round Morocco in a 4WD and this hotel was easily the best stay of our trip. The welcome is warm, the decor is tasteful and the rates are reasonable. Some people may find the rooms a little small but if you want en-suite facilities it will take up some space. This is the only hotel we stayed in that managed to hit every single criteria in the bathroom - hot water, toilet paper, soap, and towels all present and cleaned daily. The beds were comfy and the bed linen was clean, the breakfast was extensive and catered to individual needs and the roof terrace was very pleasant. If you want a great hotel inside the medina, look no further!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends

108 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Los Angeles, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

This Riad was at the outer edges of the Medina and was on a street that had low foot traffic and felt a bit scary at night. The price was quite low but I was expecting something nicer based on the photos posted here. In reality, it is very dim, dank and my room was incredibly small and felt dirty. The door felt like a closet door and I was concerned about the safety of my belongings. I would have paid a bit more for something a bit more comfortable. I did not look forward to coming back to the room at night.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2012 via mobile

I loved this riad! Great location and easy to find! Room are good size and clean! Breakfast was fresh and great to eat up on the terrace! Staff were friendly and helpful.

I didnt expect such great quality for the price! Would 100% recommend!

• Stayed May 2012
Memphis
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2012

My husband and I just came back from Morocco and although he has been here before, it was my first experience in a real medina. We arrived in Essaouira close to midnight, hungry and tired. The man who greeted us, Brahim gave us some local currency (we did not have the time to exchange) so that my husband could get some food.
The hotel was nice and quaint and the staff was super nice and patient with my broken french :) Everyone was helpful for information about renting a car, local eateries, and merchandise. I suppose I enjoyed my stay here because I felt like I was staying in someone's home. It was nice and quiet during the night and the medina is enjoyable during the day. Although a couple of the rooms were small, they are clean, and well decorated with paintings and local art.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2011

We stayed 3 nights in Sept 2011 and had a pretty good experience ; rooms are nice and well decorated also a little small ; the pictures on the website might be misleading , some parts of the hotel are a bit tired - breakfast on the roof top is enjoyable ; staff is friendly and gives good advise ....

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Burnley
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2011

This is a great little hotel/riad near the south east walls of the Medina. Only a few minutes walk from the Supratours bus depot and a 5 minute walk to the souks and to the beach where there are plenty of cafes/resturants to suit every budget.
Our room was situated on the roof terrace, and although small (particuarlly the bathroom) it was perfectly adequate. The breakfast of bread, jam and croissants were huge and one was plenty for 2 persons.
My only complaint was that the local children all seemed to congregate under my bedroom window to play football at the end of fast (as it was Ramadam) and we were kept awake til 2-3am every night by thier noise.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
London
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2011

The website is an extemely airbrushed version of the hotel. It is quite a bit more tired looking than what shows and clever photo angles mean that you cant see just how small the rooms are. Our double bed was pushed to the wall there was only space for 3 people to stand in the room. The rooms are hostel style in that walls were paper thin. I would only recommend if you are not sharing a room and a heavy sleeper. Plus side is the breakfast was decent (though never had a bad one in Morocco after 2 weeks travel), staff were nice and the bathroom was clean.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
fredettom, Propriétaire at Emeraude Riad Hotel, responded to this review, January 5, 2011
Hello, thank you for your message.
I knew you were angry with me, you've booked with an agency here travel. You wanted to cancel last night, but there are conditions cancellation very precise with the agencies. I asked you to get closer your agency to cancel, you do not want, and have been obliged to pay last night.
I've never hidden the fact that our rooms are not very large so you can see all guides and even some forums.
We tried to make this disadvantage an advantage in decorating the hotel with taste, by arranging the rooms properly. They are very cozy. We bathrooms redone recently. And everyone loves them.
And especially our strong point: the terrace solairum.
By cons, our hotel is entirely to photos that have obviously been taken by a professional
There was a lot of heavy rain this year and the painting was damaged, I start painting
Jan. 10, 2011. I'll put pictures on tripadvisor
Thank you for your comments and I hope you had a pleasant stay.
Best regards

Been to Emeraude Riad Hotel? Share your experiences!