“Tiny plaçe but "grand" experience” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Moroccan
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Paris, France
“Tiny plaçe but "grand" experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

We ended up in this restaurant as it looked charming. It is charming !
Very tiny place as it seats only 8 in the main room. you sit on what is like half table. Nice but not very confortable if you are tall.

The food is local with only fresh ingredients. The service is fast and friendly. We had tajine and it was delicious. Everything served around us also looked very appetizing: couscous royal, vegetarian tajine, chicken pastilla. We had fresh orange and local sweetcakes for dessert. Very Nice. The lot for 16€ for two. Really good value.
No alcohol served.

Give it a try you won't regret it.

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

90% Recommend
Tourtrol, France
“cosy, friendly restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

Fantastic cosy friendly restaurant with authentic Moroccan cuisine. Really friendly staff. Food really tasty (Tagine with saffran rice and lemon was a winner all round. Chicken Couscous great and very filling - enough for 2 people to share. Kids had spaghetti bolognese and prawn omelette (they have been eating traditional food all week and decided to eat boring stuff). Food very quick to arrive and piping hot. Background music was a bit strange (BB king, blues etc). Would have been nice to listen to moroccain music to complete the experience. As we were about to leave, the kids heard some birds upstairs - friendly staff let us go upstairs to have a look around and see 2 birds in a cage on the windowsill chirping happily. Definitely going back there again. Restaurant was recommended to us by the owner of the Riad where we were staying.

Dunblane, United Kingdom
“Cosy, small, authentic and wonderful”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

Well, after a week in Morocco, I've just had my best meal. This is a small place, and small means beautiful. The harira (trad. Moroccan soup) was suitably warming and beautifully flavoured after a typically gusty day which had made me cold. I then had the amazing chicken 'pastilla' which was immense. I don't think I've ever had cinnamon in a savoury main course before, but it was delicious, as was the accompanying 'salad marocain' which had Argan oil in it. mmm. I didn't have much room for dessert but ordered a crêpe avec pommes and it was great, too. All the while (unusually for my current experience of Morocco) the service was efficient, quite, polite and friendly. A great little find - so glad I ignored the guide book tonight!

London
“One of the best”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

Most of the local restaurants have a good atmosphere but this also has excellent, reasonably priced Moroccan food. This restaurant is on the corner of two of the main streets. We ate upstairs in a cosy alcove with comfortable cushions etc. We strongly recommend the seafood vol au vent, the creme caramel and the profiteroles!

Annecy, France
“my favorite restaurant in Morocco”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

We tried this restaurant because our Riad had recommended it to us when asking for a good restaurant. I liked the decor very much, it's so cosy! My boyfriend and I came here twice and we were always very satisfied with everything we ate. I especially liked the fish pastilla which was really great. The service was very good, too.

• Visited August 2012