You added Le Medina Essaouira Hotel Thalassa Sea & Spa - MGallery Collection to your Saves list
Le Medina Essaouira Hotel Thalassa Sea & Spa - MGallery Collection
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Avenue Mohamed V, Essaouira 44000, Morocco   |
Ranked #23 of 77 Hotels in Essaouira
Oxford, United Kingdom
“Ideal”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

A great hotel with very friendly staff, comfortable rooms, a lovely pool, plenty of relaxing/sunbathing areas, a decent spa and fabulous views of the sea and the old town. Its just close enough to the centre of town without being too close and a perfect place to base yourself and hide away from the bustling outside world when you've had enough!

Room Tip: Get a sea view room as they all have little balconies and wonderful sun sets.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
RACHID B, Directeur général at Le Medina Essaouira Hotel Thalassa Sea & Spa - MGallery Collection, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
CharlesEsq

Thank you very much for your message. I appreciate that you take time to give us your feed back!

I am happy that you enjoyed your stay in the hotel, I will transfer your compliments to my staff.

I certainly would be very pleased too see you again on a next visit to Le Médina Essaouira Hôtel Thalassa sea & spa.

I hope to welcome you home again

Yours sincerely

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

The hotel is in a good location and the staff are very friendly.however the food was not up to scratch or good value....the worst part of the trip was the hotel was too mean to put the air condition on in our room or any of the guest rooms....they told use that the system was broken
But one of the staff told us they do not put the air on until later on in the year..the temperature
In our room was 75 degrees F . I lost sleep for the four nights we stayed there..

Room Tip: Face the pool the rooms are bigger
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Clivenm,

Thank you for taking time to write your review about your stay at Le Médina Essaouira Hôtel Thalassa sea & spa

I have taken note of your comments regarding all the issues you have mentioned and would like to express my sincerest apologies.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

This Hotel was one of the best things about our trip to Morocco...We were greeted in the lobby with mint tea and smiling faces. Our room was beautiful and had a great view of the water and a nice balcony. The girls at the front desk were great and helped us in every way they could, My husband asked "do you think it would be possible" and before he could finish the question the girl at the front desk said "yes" whatever you like sir.... Great service

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear iluvmandolins

Dear iluvmandolins

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

I stayed here for. Week from 9 -16 March after a lovely stay last year. I still rate the hotel highly but agree with some of the niggles expressed by other reviewers:
1. The coffee is terrible, they need to sort this one out.
2. Having wifi throughout the hotel for free is an improvement, but it is so slow that it's almost not worth having it. Elsewhere in Essaouira this was not the case.
Our room was lovely, the staff attentive and the breakfast very good. For the price I paid (through Kuoni travel) it's excellent value for money.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Helen L

I would like to thank you for choosing Le Medina Essaouira Thalassa sea & spa MGallery Collection.

I hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you in the very near future!
Buckunghamshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

We recently stayed 3 nights in Essaouira at this hotel, which was, as anticipated, a little bland following an unforgettable stay in a superb traditional Riad in Marrakech. Having said that we thoroughly enjoyed the hotel`s excellent location just a short walk from the Medina and fishing port, the lovely pool, our well appointed room and bathroom, and possibly the most comfortable bed I have ever slept in (definitely on a par with the Nile Kempinsky in Cairo!)
We found room service was also excellent, but breakfast service a bit hit and miss - the poolside setting more than compensated for this however. Only disappointment was the beach restaurant on our first night, food ok but overpriced and restaurant had no ambience to speak of. After that we enjoyed trying various eating places in the medina and had no more disappointments. Essaouira is a delight and the medina so much more laid back and traffic free and the souks infinitely more enjoyable than crazy Marrakech and its only less than 3 hours comfortable and inexpensive bus ride away!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
RACHID B, Directeur général at Le Medina Essaouira Hotel Thalassa Sea & Spa - MGallery Collection, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
Dear flagstone,

I noted your comment about the beatch restaurant , I will take the necessary actions, all my sincere apologies for this experience.

Hartford, Connecticut
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

The room was pretty, so was the pool. However, what makes a 5 star hotel an enjoyable experience is the service, which was severely lacking here. We walked into the restaurant for dinner. I wore a long sleeve cashmere dress that was below the knee. My cousin wore black slacks, a black blouse, and a black pashmina. My boyfriend was also appropriately dressed. Yet waiting for a table was a truly uncomfortable experience. Several members of the waitstaff made eye contact with us. Not a single person came over. After what seemed like a 10 minute staring contest, we walked over to one of the servers and asked if we should seat ourselves. She appeared flustered about where to seat us when there were 2-3 tables available. When we pointed to one with two seats, she seemed to have no clue what to do. Again, we took initiative and pointed to a couple empty chairs that could just be pulled over. She seemed annoyed to have to pull a third chair over. The food was overpriced and mediocre at best, certainly not 5 star hotel quality, We received silverware after our soup was already served. The bread arrived after two of us were done with our meals and our plates were cleared off of the table (no new ones given). Breakfast the next morning was no better. It's sad because after sleeping in the desert, we planned for a change of pace and to enjoy the amenities of a 5 star hotel We were disappointed.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
RACHID B, Directeur général at Le Medina Essaouira Hotel Thalassa Sea & Spa - MGallery Collection, responded to this review, March 12, 2013
Dear Tiger_Blood1,

Sherborne, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

I have stayed in numerous 5 Star hotels for both business and pleasure over many years and this hotel falls far short of any 5 star hotels I have stayed in.
1. The common areas are shabby and in need of refurbishment.
2. The breakfasts were abysmal
3. The staff were unhelpful and, in particular, the reception staff were very badly trained and informed.
4.The wi-fi was so poor that my husband had to miss an important international video call. The reason we booked this hotel is because it was supposed to have a good wi-fi connection – this was not the case. My husband was told this was normal for the town – this was not true as we found a very good and fast wi-fi connection in the town just standing outside a riad there.
5. The water was shut off between midnight and 5am on the first night. There was no note posted in the hotel room and we were subsequently informed that a notice had been put on a board in the lobby – this was so unobtrusive that it was easily missed. I had a bad stomach that night and telephoned the reception requesting a bucket of water to flush down the toilet. We waited nearly half an hour and no-one came back to us. They suggested bottles of water – which was a totally inadequate response. We eventually got a bucket of water and a container of water after my husband went down to reception with the waste bin from hotel room and told the staff he would fill this up from the pool to resolve the problem. We should not be resorting to this in a ‘so-called’ 5 star hotel!

On the positive side, the room was comfortable and the bathroom facilities (other than the issue with the lack of water in the toilet) were OK. The town was delightful with the lovely medina and fishing port.

We would not stay in this hotel again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
RACHID B, Directeur général at Le Medina Essaouira Hotel Thalassa Sea & Spa - MGallery Collection, responded to this review, March 4, 2013
Dear Krystina G

I hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you in the very near future!

Sincerely

Been to Le Medina Essaouira Hotel Thalassa Sea & Spa - MGallery Collection? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Le Medina Essaouira Hotel Thalassa Sea & Spa - MGallery Collection

Address: Avenue Mohamed V, Essaouira 44000, Morocco
Location: Morocco > Marrakech-Tensift-El Haouz Region > Essaouira
Bar / Lounge Beach Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Room Service Shuttle Bus service Spa Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
#4 Spa Hotel in Essaouira
#5 Luxury Hotel in Essaouira
#8 On the Beach Hotel in Essaouira
#18 Family Hotel in Essaouira
#20 Romantic Hotel in Essaouira
Hotel Class:5 star — Le Medina Essaouira Hotel Thalassa Sea & Spa - MGallery Collection 5*
Reminiscent of a sumptuous Moroccan riad, the facade of the Sofitel Thalassa Essaouira is painted the traditional red of Mogador. Set on the coast, close to the medina, this charming luxury hotel furnished with thuja and lemon wood cabinets, provides direct access to a luxury thalassotherapy centre. Enjoy an unforgettable leisure and fitness break. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, ACCOR, Priceline, Agoda, Despegar.com, Travelocity, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Le Medina Essaouira Hotel Thalassa Sea & Spa - MGallery Collection reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Le Medina Essaouira Hotel Thalassa Sea And Spa - Mgallery Collection
Accor Thalassa Essaouira
Sofitel Essaouira
Essaouira Sofitel

If you own or manage Le Medina Essaouira Hotel Thalassa Sea & Spa - MGallery Collection, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.