Save Saved
You added Le Medina Essaouira Hotel Thalassa Sea & Spa - MGallery Collection to your Saves list
Le Medina Essaouira Hotel Thalassa Sea & Spa - MGallery Collection
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Avenue Mohamed V, Essaouira 44000, Morocco   |
Ranked #23 of 78 Hotels in Essaouira
“Great Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

This Hotel was one of the best things about our trip to Morocco...We were greeted in the lobby with mint tea and smiling faces. Our room was beautiful and had a great view of the water and a nice balcony. The girls at the front desk were great and helped us in every way they could, My husband asked "do you think it would be possible" and before he could finish the question the girl at the front desk said "yes" whatever you like sir.... Great service

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
RACHID B, Directeur général at Le Medina Essaouira Hotel Thalassa Sea & Spa - MGallery Collection, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
Dear iluvmandolins

Thank you for taking time to write your review about your stay at Le Médina Essaouira Hôtel Thalassa sea & spa

Dear iluvmandolins

Thank you very much for your message. I appreciate that you take time to give us your feed back!

I am happy that you enjoyed your stay in the hotel, I will transfer your compliments to my staff.

Sincerely

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

I stayed here for. Week from 9 -16 March after a lovely stay last year. I still rate the hotel highly but agree with some of the niggles expressed by other reviewers:
1. The coffee is terrible, they need to sort this one out.
2. Having wifi throughout the hotel for free is an improvement, but it is so slow that it's almost not worth having it. Elsewhere in Essaouira this was not the case.
Our room was lovely, the staff attentive and the breakfast very good. For the price I paid (through Kuoni travel) it's excellent value for money.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Helen L

I have taken note of your comments regarding all the issues you have mentioned and would like to express my sincerest apologies.

I hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you in the very near future!
Buckunghamshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

We recently stayed 3 nights in Essaouira at this hotel, which was, as anticipated, a little bland following an unforgettable stay in a superb traditional Riad in Marrakech. Having said that we thoroughly enjoyed the hotel`s excellent location just a short walk from the Medina and fishing port, the lovely pool, our well appointed room and bathroom, and possibly the most comfortable bed I have ever slept in (definitely on a par with the Nile Kempinsky in Cairo!)
We found room service was also excellent, but breakfast service a bit hit and miss - the poolside setting more than compensated for this however. Only disappointment was the beach restaurant on our first night, food ok but overpriced and restaurant had no ambience to speak of. After that we enjoyed trying various eating places in the medina and had no more disappointments. Essaouira is a delight and the medina so much more laid back and traffic free and the souks infinitely more enjoyable than crazy Marrakech and its only less than 3 hours comfortable and inexpensive bus ride away!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
RACHID B, Directeur général at Le Medina Essaouira Hotel Thalassa Sea & Spa - MGallery Collection, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
Dear flagstone,

I noted your comment about the beatch restaurant , I will take the necessary actions, all my sincere apologies for this experience.

Hartford, Connecticut
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

The room was pretty, so was the pool. However, what makes a 5 star hotel an enjoyable experience is the service, which was severely lacking here. We walked into the restaurant for dinner. I wore a long sleeve cashmere dress that was below the knee. My cousin wore black slacks, a black blouse, and a black pashmina. My boyfriend was also appropriately dressed. Yet waiting for a table was a truly uncomfortable experience. Several members of the waitstaff made eye contact with us. Not a single person came over. After what seemed like a 10 minute staring contest, we walked over to one of the servers and asked if we should seat ourselves. She appeared flustered about where to seat us when there were 2-3 tables available. When we pointed to one with two seats, she seemed to have no clue what to do. Again, we took initiative and pointed to a couple empty chairs that could just be pulled over. She seemed annoyed to have to pull a third chair over. The food was overpriced and mediocre at best, certainly not 5 star hotel quality, We received silverware after our soup was already served. The bread arrived after two of us were done with our meals and our plates were cleared off of the table (no new ones given). Breakfast the next morning was no better. It's sad because after sleeping in the desert, we planned for a change of pace and to enjoy the amenities of a 5 star hotel We were disappointed.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
RACHID B, Directeur général at Le Medina Essaouira Hotel Thalassa Sea & Spa - MGallery Collection, responded to this review, March 12, 2013
Dear Tiger_Blood1,

Sherborne, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

I have stayed in numerous 5 Star hotels for both business and pleasure over many years and this hotel falls far short of any 5 star hotels I have stayed in.
1. The common areas are shabby and in need of refurbishment.
2. The breakfasts were abysmal
3. The staff were unhelpful and, in particular, the reception staff were very badly trained and informed.
4.The wi-fi was so poor that my husband had to miss an important international video call. The reason we booked this hotel is because it was supposed to have a good wi-fi connection – this was not the case. My husband was told this was normal for the town – this was not true as we found a very good and fast wi-fi connection in the town just standing outside a riad there.
5. The water was shut off between midnight and 5am on the first night. There was no note posted in the hotel room and we were subsequently informed that a notice had been put on a board in the lobby – this was so unobtrusive that it was easily missed. I had a bad stomach that night and telephoned the reception requesting a bucket of water to flush down the toilet. We waited nearly half an hour and no-one came back to us. They suggested bottles of water – which was a totally inadequate response. We eventually got a bucket of water and a container of water after my husband went down to reception with the waste bin from hotel room and told the staff he would fill this up from the pool to resolve the problem. We should not be resorting to this in a ‘so-called’ 5 star hotel!

On the positive side, the room was comfortable and the bathroom facilities (other than the issue with the lack of water in the toilet) were OK. The town was delightful with the lovely medina and fishing port.

We would not stay in this hotel again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
RACHID B, Directeur général at Le Medina Essaouira Hotel Thalassa Sea & Spa - MGallery Collection, responded to this review, March 4, 2013
Dear Krystina G

I hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you in the very near future!

Oxford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

It does stand out a little on the waterfront, but after exploring the city and surfing the amazing Essaouira waves we were very happy to come back to such a lovely hotel. The rooms were spacious and very clean, the bed and bed linen was about the nicest and most comfortable that I've ever slept in and the service and food at breakfast was really lovely. We had interconnecting rooms with our children which was perfect and each evening the kids beds were turned down and their soft toys tucked under the duvet, very sweet. The only slightly frustrating niggles were the speed of the wi-fi (painfully slow/patchy) and the slightly tetchy attitude of the staff in the spa. We didn't use any spa services but we went to look at the indoor pool and were not made to feel very welcome. The restaurant and room service prices are extortionate but there are so many places to eat on your doorstep that you don't need to use them. We particularly loved the beds on the solarium. All in all a very memorable holiday.

Room Tip: Pool view, we had 239 and the sun shone beautifully into our room/balcony.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
RACHID B, Directeur général at Le Medina Essaouira Hotel Thalassa Sea & Spa - MGallery Collection, responded to this review, February 19, 2013
Dear NicholaL,

First I would like to thank you for choosing Le Medina Essaouira Thalassa sea & spa MGallery Collection.

I hope i will have the pleasure of welcoming you in the very near future!

Mumbai (Bombay), India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

As I begin to write this, I am surprised at some of the negative feedback around the same time. We found the room perfect in all respects - spacious, very clean linen, staff working round the clock to keep the place in order. This hotel is located right on the sea-face and very close to the Qasbah and the fishing village. The Maghrebi restaurant is quite authentic and the staff was really personalised. The chef spoke to every table to find out what she could do better. The decor was pleasant, excellent breakfast spread and the place has a great bar and restaurant across the road next to the sea.

Room Tip: Try and get a sea-view room. The Pool view room is nice too. This is classic Portugese style place.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
RACHID B, Directeur général at Le Medina Essaouira Hotel Thalassa Sea & Spa - MGallery Collection, responded to this review, January 21, 2013
Dear RoadwarriorS25

And for having taken time to write your feedback & express your satisfaction following your stay.

I will not hesitate to share your comments with the entire team.

I certainly would be very pleased too see you again on a next visit to Essaouira

I hope to welcome you home again

Yours sincerely

Been to Le Medina Essaouira Hotel Thalassa Sea & Spa - MGallery Collection? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Le Medina Essaouira Hotel Thalassa Sea & Spa - MGallery Collection

Address: Avenue Mohamed V, Essaouira 44000, Morocco
Location: Morocco > Marrakech-Tensift-El Haouz Region > Essaouira
Bar / Lounge Beach Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free High Speed Internet ( Wi-Fi ) Free Parking Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Room Service Shuttle Bus service Spa Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
#4 Luxury Hotel in Essaouira
#5 Spa Hotel in Essaouira
#13 On the Beach Hotel in Essaouira
#18 Family Hotel in Essaouira
#20 Romantic Hotel in Essaouira
Hotel Class:5 star — Le Medina Essaouira Hotel Thalassa Sea & Spa - MGallery Collection 5*
Reminiscent of a sumptuous Moroccan riad, the facade of the Sofitel Thalassa Essaouira is painted the traditional red of Mogador. Set on the coast, close to the medina, this charming luxury hotel furnished with thuja and lemon wood cabinets, provides direct access to a luxury thalassotherapy centre. Enjoy an unforgettable leisure and fitness break. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, ACCOR, Priceline, Hotels.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Tingo and Jetsetter so you can book your Le Medina Essaouira Hotel Thalassa Sea & Spa - MGallery Collection reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Le Medina Essaouira Hotel Thalassa Sea And Spa - Mgallery Collection
Accor Thalassa Essaouira
Sofitel Essaouira
Essaouira Sofitel

If you own or manage Le Medina Essaouira Hotel Thalassa Sea & Spa - MGallery Collection, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.