“I loved it there and hope to come back soon” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Coolest Essaouira Deal
Ranked #26 of 156 Essaouira B&B and Inns
Cardiff, United Kingdom
“I loved it there and hope to come back soon”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2011

I had a short stay in this Riad when it had just opened, and thought it was excellent.. Oliver, the owner made me feel very welcome and met me at the bus station to take me to the Riad. The room was spotlessly clean and comfortable..... Hot water was available at all times....The food was great!!....all freshly cooked while I chatted with friends I met there. Good music too!!...It is very conveniently located in the centre of Essaouira. I am certain that Oliver will continue to provide an excellent service at his Riads in Essaouira and Marrakech and I would always recommend to friends.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled solo

61 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Dortmund, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2011

I was recommended to go to this place by manager of Riad Dar Najat which is always honest with his suggestions of activities inside of Morocco. I knew Essaouira before and so it was really low risk trip for me to have a good time there - but things came better than expected!
Arriving there we have been guided to get to the Riad and have been welcomed there warm-hearted and with a lot of hospitality. The furnishings have been so beautiful that the atmosphere is as beautiful as the Dar Najat in Marrrakech. So when you feel like home there just add the Atlantic and you got the Riad Bab Essaouira.
I'm really looking forward to get there as soon as possible as I can because on the top roof you can relax and get the best possible to recover from hectic daily live you have at home.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with friends
Birmingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2011

We stayed at this riad for 3 nights, it was so cool there. The riad has recently opened and everything looked nice. Our room had everything in it (including a flat screen TV). There was a power shower and even a lounge area for us to relax in.

The terrace was quite a large area, there were sofas that you could fall back on and enjoy the nice breeze coming in from the Atlantic Ocean. There were also a couple of sunloungers if you wanted to top up your tan.

The staff who looked after us were really nice, they spoke good English and were happy to help us with anything that we needed. They gave us a map of the medina and also a map of Essaouira, they showed us around on the first day and this helped us get our bearings. Once we had been shown how to find the riad once, we did not need to be shown again. The staff gave us their mobile numbers and told us that we could call them if there were any problems, we found this to be a really nice touch.

The riad has a perfect location, it is in the middle of the old medina in a quite side street, there was no noise in the night and it meant that we good a really good nights sleep. The riad was a short walk away from the fishing port and the beach of Essaouria.

If you are thinking of going to Essaouria then we would recommend staying at Riad Bab Essaouira as we think it is great value for money.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Cardiff, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2011

This riad is in the heart of the medina of Essaouira. It is a 5 minute walk away from the main beach and port area. The riad is located in a quite area of the medina, there is no noise around the riad at all, it is pure bliss.

The riad has been tastefully decorated and everything was like new. I had a warm welcome to the riad and was shown not only the riad but the surrounding area. The bedroom had a large double bed in it and also a flat screen tv. There was free WIFI throughout the riad. The bathroom had a shower which was so powerful, it really woke me up in the morning. There was a relaxation areas all over the riad where you can sit and chillout, there are two terraces, once has a few sun loungers on it, the top terrace has large leather sofas on it that you can chill out on in the daytime or night. In the daytime you get a lovely view of the Atlantic Ocean, in the evening you get a gentle breeze blowing through the terrace, it really can't be beaten.

If you want to stay in Essaouira, I would recommend this riad to you, it is clean, in a great location and you will be well looked after by the staff.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled solo

Been to Riad Bab Essaouira? Share your experiences!