“Magnifique, as usual ...” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
save up to 35%
Ranked #29 of 77 Hotels in Essaouira
Casablanca, Morocco
“Magnifique, as usual ...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Second time here and always the same feeling.
The best Sofitel in Morocco with breathtaking views and rooms.
In front of a wonderful golf in the middle of the forest.
Highly recommended for family or romantic stay

Stayed January 2015, traveled as a couple
Edoardo G, Directeur général at Sofitel Essaouira Mogador Golf & Spa, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear Madame, Sir,

Thank you for your loyalty to our resort and for taking the time to share your experience on Tripadvisor.

I was extremely pleased to read your satisfaction regarding your second stay at the Sofitel Essaouira Mogador Golf & Spa, and would like to personally thank you for recommending our hotel.

On behalf of the entire team, I hope to welcome you back in the near future for your third stay in Mogador.

Edoardo Giuntoli

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Unfortunately there aren't enough characters available for me to sufficiently praise the experience gifted to me and my partner by this hotels' grounds, staff and ethereal aura.
Simply amazing.

I most deliberately took the names of the Front of House manager NICOLAS AMESTOY and Receptionist ERRAJI BEMIMOUN for their exceptional first impression as we arrived at the hotel in the evening, whose kindness and warming approach extended throughout the whole of our trip. I can only hope this review helps cement their future with Sofitel and that they continue to take great pride in the role.

The hotel itself is absolutely stunning in every detail, unique in every way; my favorite part being the foyer wall of green plants (a 20ft wall with greenery actually embedded into the wall, irrigation and all), which me and my partner actually mistook for a painting at first!

The food was very nice, always with a large selection available and the staff, again, very helpful.

The room was very well put together, I especially liked how everything was open plan, with the balcony overlooking the golfing grounds and the sea on the horizon which was beautiful.

All in all, I shall definitely be staying here again if I ever find myself in Morocco, and I'm sure my partner would certainly agree with me.

Mr Shaan Gill & Miss Gurinder Sidhu

• Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple
Edoardo G, Directeur général at Sofitel Essaouira Mogador Golf & Spa, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Dear Mrs. Gurinder and Mr. Gill,

A warm thank you for your review on Tripadvisor regarding your stay at the Sofitel Essaouira Mogador Golf &Spa.

It is a pleasure for us to receive a positive feedback from our guests.

I am glad to read that you appreciated not only the contemporary Moroccan design of the hotel , the comfort of the rooms, the quality of the food prepared by our Chef Michael Buard, but also the helpfulness and the kindness of our Ambassadors.

I will share your comments with our team, and especially with Nicolas and Erraji from the front desk.

Thank you again for your encouragements and recommendation I hope to welcome you again to Mogador during your next trip to Morocco.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Absolutely stunning property. We had a few disappointments but found Nicholas, the guest relations manager, to be excellent. The pool, rooms and property itself are all stunning. I would avoid going to the So Lounge (which I will review separately) as the service was worst I have EVER experienced anywhere in the world. Essaouira itself is amazing - a must visit!!!

• Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Madame,

Thank you for your feedback on Tripadvisor and for recognizing the great service provided by Nicolas.

I was sorry to read that the So Lounge didn’t match your expectations, please accept our apologies for the inconvenience caused.

On a positive note, I am delighted that you loved the hotel location, the rooms, the pools and the charming city of Essaouira.

On behalf of the entire team, I look forward to welcoming you back to the Sofitel Essaouira Mogador Golf & Spa.

Ghent Belgium
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

In december 2013 we where in Sofitel Mogador and we where very satisfait.
This year, also in december we stayed again in the same hotel and it was totally different : buffetrestaurant was closed, so we had to eat in an other restaurant, no buffet this time but we had only a poor choise of meals,f.e. the same soup the whole week, service was extremely slow and the temperature in the restaurant was really cold.Only the last day the temperature was normal, after several complains...
Everywhere in the hotel the temperature was also freezing...
Anyway, staff was very friendly and golfcourse was amazing !

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Madame, Sir,

Thank you for your loyalty and for taking the time to tell us about your stay at the Sofitel Essaouira Mogador Golf & Spa.

I would like to apologize for the inconveniences experienced during your recent stay.
The Café Kasbah restaurant was closed due to our continuous efforts to keep improving our facilities.

I am however glad that you enjoyed the golf course and the friendliness of our ambassadors.

Finally, I hope you could give us a chance to better serve you during your next visit to Essaouira.

Best regards,

Derbyshire, England
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The comfort of beds and bedding was fantastic. The staff were all so helpful and eager to please. The location was great, and the shuttle bus to town was excellent service. We walked one day along the beach ... Just under 2 hours from hotel, across the golf course and to the medina. The food was unbelievably good. We thought we would go into Essaouira to eat a couple of nights, there was no need as food was outstanding and lots of choice so we never bored. We ate in the Atlantic restaurant (3 courses as part of 1/2 board), ate one night in the gastro restaurant, and two nights in the So Lounge where there were events. One was a Moroccan evening, and the other a salss. Both fantastic.
Our biggest let down always that the outdoor pool was not heated as there were so few people in the hotel. We were offered the spa pool, but this is just a spa pool and as tiles are black you bump into the pool end. Also only room for 3 to swim at any one time. Interestingly, we were told by reception twice that the pool was heated to 25 degrees. Better communication needed between staff.
The breakfast room had enought staff for the small number of guests, but still there were times when there were insufficient bowls, spoons etc.
we bought 5l of water from the kiosk where the shuttle bus drops you in town. Water etc expensive in hotel. We also took a travel kettle and tea bags etc and it was well worth it.
Golf course was appreciated. We got lost getting to the beach...head to the left as you leave the hotel pool area...we went right! You can walk either way along the beach...it was completely empty. Near to Essaouira were surfers in wet suits in the wild Atlantic.
Early December is a great time to visit, as long as pool is heated. Great value deal through Fleetway travel.
We booked camel trip with Mostafa and had a great time, also local tour. The drivers had some issues getting into the hotel to pick us up so they need to sort that out. We didn't book through hotel as their trips were rel expensive.
Thanks to Rachid and Erraji particularly, but really what fantastic staff!!

Room Tip: Our room overlooked the olive grove, then onto the golf course. Stand on the bed for sea views. Al...
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
Edoardo G, Directeur général at Sofitel Essaouira Mogador Golf & Spa, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
Dear Madame, Sir,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Sofitel Essaouira Mogador Golf & Spa.

I was glad to read that you loved the location, the food prepared by our Executive Chef Michael BUARD, the So Lounge evenings and the service provided by our ambassadors.
I will share your appreciations with the entire team especially with Rachid and Erraji.

I would like however to apologize for the inconvenience experienced during your stay, and hope that this situation wont mar the overall appreciation of our resort.

On behalf of the entire team, I hope to welcome you back during your next holiday in Morocco.

Best wishes,

5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We booked this holiday through travel Republic & saved a lot of £££ by doing this. Surf cafes good for lunch by the beach bus can drop you there, surf hire there & changing rooms, quad biking camel rides etc there too, if it's flat calm sea expect kite surfing instead. The hotel is a 10 minute walk to a very clean quiet beach, 10 beach loungers & quad bikers from time to time drive by, the interior design in this place is stunning, the staff all say bonjour & reception staff speak good English, jazz pianist in the bar, so lounge restaurant was amazing first night with African band performing & my little one plus others danced for ages to the music, staff very attentive, bus shuttle to Essouiara was ace, 1hr massage incl. hamman use, spa has wonderful heated pool you can use anytime & fancy changing rooms. My Ayurvedic massage & facial from a lady Hanane was wonderful & she was so lovely, gave me mint tea after too. I would say do hamman first then get massage as oils etc the views are stunning, our bath was a swimming pool & the beds are so comfy we fell asleep as soon as our heads hit the pillow. Negatives not with hotel but good advice.... Cover up shoulders, legs etc in Medina as its like you've gone back a couple of

Stayed December 2014
Dear Madame,

A warm thank you for your review regarding your stay at the Sofitel Essaouira Mogador Golf & Spa.
It’s always a great pleasure for us to receive such a positive feedback from our guests.

I was glad to read that you loved the hotel design, the So Lounge, the pool, the comfort of our famous MyBed and that you enjoyed the Hammam and massage you had with Hanane.

On behalf of all of us, I look forward to welcoming you again in Essaouira.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

The hotel is on the beautiful and and excellent golf course.
Rooms and suites are great. Cuisine good too, except for desserts which are not Maroccan enough. Excellent breakfast. The spa is also very good. Service very friendly but somewhat unorganised. Prices OK.

• Stayed December 2014
Dear Sir,

I was happy to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and you loved the hotel design, the Spa as well as the golf course.

I also thank you for you constructive feedback, and look forward to welcome you again during your next trip to Morocco.

Edoardo Giuntoli

Been to Sofitel Essaouira Mogador Golf & Spa? Share your experiences!