“Simply delicious Italian food in Essaouira!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #63 of 193 restaurants in Essaouira
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Description: The true Italian cuisine with good product Moroccan ,Dar Baba is located in a side street of the main street of Essaouira, we find the symbol of the restaurant or camels eat spaghetti. The restaurant is on the first floor of a beautiful riad light. Selection of wines, beers, cocktails. variety of homemade pasta, lasagne, gnocchi, ravioli, tagliatelle, pappardelle etc.. you can even choose between traditional spaghetti bolognaise or chilli garlic oil or penne with ham cream, or Arrabbiata. various specialties depending on the season or climate. menus for vegetarians and special attention to desserts. hygiene and the service at "European" all homemade. _________________________________________________________________________ La vera cucina italiana, con il buon prodotto marocchino.Dar Baba si trova in una strada pedonale laterale alla strada principale di Essaouira, si trova il simbolo del ristorante,un cammello che mangia spaghetti. Il ristorante si trova al primo piano sotto la bella luce del riad. Gran selezione di vini, birre,digestivi,cocktail.Vasta varieta di pasta fatta in casa, lasagne, gnocchi, ravioli, tagliatelle, pappardelle, ecc. si puo anche scegliere tra la tradizionale bolognese spaghetti o aglio olio peperoncino o penne con crema di prosciutto, o Arrabbiata. Varie specialita a seconda della stagione mare o clima. Menu per vegetariani e una particolare attenzione nei dolci. L'igiene e il servizio al italiania con il sapore dei prodotti locali.Tutto fatto in casa.
Casablanca, Morocco
“Simply delicious Italian food in Essaouira!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

After having three days of eating in restaurants in Essaouira I found exactly what I was looking for in this beautiful and simple Italian restaurant. I had an amazing fish soup, which even though
was the most expensive plate in the menu, was still really cheap (70 Dirahms) for the quality and the flavour. And then I had a plate of pasta with shrimps that was just delicious and my husband food was the same. And the service was just lovely, since they had to go to a grocery shop twice, to get some ingredients for some of the food and drinks I ordered, as it was a really quiet day in Essaouira and it was just us in the restaurant, at least at the beginning of our dinner.
Also you can see the restaurant's kitchen and everything looked impeccable.
So great comfort Italian food without pretentious but with the flavour necessary to make you leave the place happy :)!

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

88% Recommend
New York City, New York
“Good pasta!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013

I write reviews based on how well my expectations are met. I ordered penne arrabbiata, which actually tasted like it was supposed to. Morocco isn't known for its Italian food and this place was pretty good and inexpensive (my pasta was 50 dirham). Is it the best pasta I've ever had? No. But it's probably the best pasta I've had in Morocco.

Also nice is that they have shredded parmesan and chili powder (it's not crushed red pepper but it's something). Also, people have commented on the portion size. I think it's totally fine. I left feeling totally satisfied.

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
London, United Kingdom
“Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

Delightful food and great value. I had gnocchi with Gorgonzola (freshly made) whilst my partner had a pizza. Both tasted excellent. Decor is rustic with bags of charm and the host is friendly. Unbelievable value. Strongly recommended.

Visited April 2013
Manchester
“Ok but left feeling a tad hungry!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

We went here as we fancied pasta and had read some great reviews on line. We were starving bu kept waiting quite a while and when our lasagnes arrived I have to say I initially thought we had a childs portion. Not measly sized but not man sized, (or woman sized for girls that actually like their food)!

Visited March 2013
Divonne-les-Bains, Rhone-Alpes, France
“Super little Italian”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

We used previous reviews as the basis for this visit and weren't disappointed. The food was simply delicious and very reasonably priced. Portion size was a bit on the small size but overall a great little place with very friendly staff

• Visited March 2013