“The best food we had in Morocco!” 5 of 5 stars

+212 655-585131
Improve this listing
Ranked #11 of 199 Restaurants in Essaouira
Cuisines: Vegetarian, Fusion
Good for: Families with children, Romance, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night, Dessert
Description: Restaurant is open every evening from 18h30, except sunday Vegetarian and fish menus. Triskala Cafe is sustainable, using only local food,fresh drinks (no soda or plastic bottles), we use biodegradable soaps to clean dishes and floors...
Clonakilty, Ireland
“The best food we had in Morocco!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

What can I say about Triskala? I was so pleased with this place that we came two days is in a row. It was the best food we had in our 11 days in Morocco, plus one of the greatest atmospheres in a restuarant, ever. My boyfriend and I both ordered the falafel plate, with a fresh orange-carrot-ginger juice, and a fruit salad for dessert. Everything was perfect! The falafel's themselves were some of the best we have ever had. The sides were different types of vegetables, perfectly seasoned and cooked, and a variety of different dressings. The plate cost 50 dirhams, or about 5 euros. Worth every cent! The ambience of Triskala is also impressive. The cafe is totally unique. It feels a bit like being in a treefort, with little wooden tables and low cushioned seating areas stacked on top of each other. There are pictures of Jimi Hendrix and Bob Dylan, books scattered about, and not to mention good music playing! Service was prompt and friendly. Highly recommened!!!

Vienna, Austria
“Awesome Visit”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

Eclectic, creative, fresh food and juice choices. Cozy, warm atmosphere, and to top it all, Marga, the spanish staff member, welcoming, professional and fun. Already looking forward to next visit. Absolutely recommend.

“Quirky, great food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013 via mobile

This was recommended by a friend. Our first meal there they had a total power blackout in the city but the staff kept smiling and just lit candles for each table. The chef did a wonderful job. just wish there were more choices.

Subic Bay Freeport Zone, Philippines
“Less is More”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

I did not read about this cafe through TripAdvisor but I accidentally stumbled upon Triskala when I was looking for my hostel in Essaouira. Like any other Moroccan restaurants, they have very nice ambiance, furnitures and interior. The difference is that it is really cozy and friendly. The staff speak English, French and Spanish so there's no problem in communicating. They have less food selection, hence, "less is more." I particularly like the Apple Crumble for desert. Their tables and walls are designed mostly by Jimi Hendrix's photos. It's Rolling Stones themed. Plus, the music of Pink Floyd playing on the background was also very nice! I wish they had wifi though so I can opt to stay there and work. It is also a non-smoking restaurant. Perfect for bringing your children.

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Dublin, Dublin, Ireland
“Keep trying until you get in!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

It took three attempts to get in here - first night, they were so busy, they had run out of food by 9:30 pm (good for them, not for us), the second day, we went too early and they had finished lunch and hadn't started dinner (our fault) and finally, that night, we got in. It is definitely one of the quirkiest restaurants I have ever been in. You can clearly see the influence of its' hippy predecessors. Great first impression and the music ain't bad either. Waitress was v friendly and the food was fantastic. I am a vegetarian so had the falafel plate. Really good and presented beautifully and thankfully was neither a veggie tagine or a "7 legume cous cous! My gf had the swordfish. She also thought it was very tasty. Juices were good too. They also serve distilled water for free which was the only time I saw this in any restaurant we ate in over our stay. The desserts looked great but we did not sample them.

Highly recommend going here. You will not be disappointed.

• Visited August 2013