“Less is More” 5 of 5 stars

+212 6 55 58 51 31
Improve this listing
Ranked #8 of 192 restaurants in Essaouira
Cuisines: Vegetarian, Fusion
Good for: Families with children, Romance, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night, Dessert
Subic Bay Freeport Zone, Philippines
“Less is More”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

I did not read about this cafe through TripAdvisor but I accidentally stumbled upon Triskala when I was looking for my hostel in Essaouira. Like any other Moroccan restaurants, they have very nice ambiance, furnitures and interior. The difference is that it is really cozy and friendly. The staff speak English, French and Spanish so there's no problem in communicating. They have less food selection, hence, "less is more." I particularly like the Apple Crumble for desert. Their tables and walls are designed mostly by Jimi Hendrix's photos. It's Rolling Stones themed. Plus, the music of Pink Floyd playing on the background was also very nice! I wish they had wifi though so I can opt to stay there and work. It is also a non-smoking restaurant. Perfect for bringing your children.

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

91% Recommend
Dublin, Dublin, Ireland
“Keep trying until you get in!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

It took three attempts to get in here - first night, they were so busy, they had run out of food by 9:30 pm (good for them, not for us), the second day, we went too early and they had finished lunch and hadn't started dinner (our fault) and finally, that night, we got in. It is definitely one of the quirkiest restaurants I have ever been in. You can clearly see the influence of its' hippy predecessors. Great first impression and the music ain't bad either. Waitress was v friendly and the food was fantastic. I am a vegetarian so had the falafel plate. Really good and presented beautifully and thankfully was neither a veggie tagine or a "7 legume cous cous! My gf had the swordfish. She also thought it was very tasty. Juices were good too. They also serve distilled water for free which was the only time I saw this in any restaurant we ate in over our stay. The desserts looked great but we did not sample them.

Highly recommend going here. You will not be disappointed.

• Visited August 2013
“Delicious”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013 via mobile

Favourite restaurant in Morocco to eat at, delicious & innovative menu. Quirky yet cosy environment. Highly recommend visiting this place over any other on Essouria :)

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Innsbruck, Austria
“... original, quirky, oh-so-unique ;D ...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

Mmmmhhh... why did I not allocate '5 stars' for excellent ?
1. - it wouldn't do it justice because this quirky Cafe is individualistic ... calls for a different
appraisal system ;)
2. - it is Vegetarian only - no criticism !!! Absolutely great food - I just love fish and meat too :)

BUT - having said that - thanks to Marguerita, the equally 'quirky', bubbly, infectiously vibrant owner of this Bohemian Cafe we got to know Sidi Kaouki and finally reconciled with Essaouira.
The moment we stepped into this Cafe it 'cast a spell' on us ... loved every 'wacky' detail and honestly enjoyed our meal ... we couldn't quite make up our mind what to eat, so we decided to 'sample our way through the menu' ... the vegetarian falafel - just yummie !!!! MMMMhhhh ...
Check out the pics and see for yourself ... the place to go when you're in Essaouira - it's a MUST you will NOT regret !!! :))

Utrecht, The Netherlands
“Small cozy restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

We read about this place on tripadvisor and it didn't disappoint. We ate there twice in total because the food was great, it was cheap and it was totally different than what we were used to.
The restaurant itself is very small with low tables and cushions on the ground, the atmospheer is great and very relaxing. Everyday there is a different menu and the owner will come by your table and will try to explain the menu because she can't speak English but with a basic knowledge of French or Spanish it is easy to understand.

The food is very good and it is very origional, it is a fusion of Maroccan, French and Spanish I think and you are stuffed when you walk out of the place. The starters are 25 MAD and the main courses are 50 MAD, they only have fresh juices to drink and they cost 18 MAD each.

I would definitely recommend this place, it was one of the better restaurants we ate at in Marocco.