“Flying in Harmony on the Beach” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Equi Evasion

Equi Evasion
Village of Diabat (3km from Essaouira) | Marrakech-Tensift-El Haouz Region, Essaouira 44000, Morocco
+212666780561
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #2 of 67 Activities in Essaouira
More attraction details
Owner description: HORSE and CAMEL rides on the beautiful beach and countryside of Essaouira! 1h, 2h (very special: on sunset), half and full day rides with picnic.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Los Angeles, California
“Flying in Harmony on the Beach”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

THIS WAS AMAZING!!!

My friend and I went out with two guides. The stables were clean and the horses looked healthy and happy. I rode a black stallion that was a Berber-Arabian horse mix; he was stunning and so good! We rode through the sand dunes and then out onto the beach. The friendly guides told us about Morocco, and snapped pictures of us on my friend's phone the whole time!

Running on the beach was one of the most profound experiences of my life. I loved the horses, the guides and the stables. It was the perfect Morocco experience!

• Polish first
Guildford, United Kingdom
9 attraction reviews
“Nice camel ride”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

We booked a 2 hour camel ride which was quite enjoyable, but not that exciting. The guide was very friendly and we felt safe at all times. Also the route of the tour was very enjoyable as we rode both along the beach as well as through the dunes.
Half way through we had an absolutely delicious lunch ( tajine) for which our guide joined us in the dunes, which was fantastic!
What I missed was that once we arrived for our tour we were literally just told to sit on the camels without any introduction, instruction or even a little bit of information on the camels. Maybe that is asked too much, but it makes the ride more enjoyable if you can kind of "connect" with the camels/ the guide. So overall it was an average experience as a camel ride, or a rather expensive although absolutely delicious lunch. I can definitely recommend the company, but have experienced more exciting and enjoyable camel rides on other occasions. Also there are other activities to do in Essaouira which I would recommend to do first.

Visited April 2013
Lancashire
10 attraction reviews
“Great ride through the trees and on the beach”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

I'm an experienced rider but my other half isn't too keen on horses so I booked a 2 hour ride in the evening when it was starting to cool down a bit.
I was picked up on time and taken down to the stables, where the guys chatted to me about the level of rider that I was and decided which horse I would be taking out and where we would ride.
My guide was great - very friendly and chatted in French and English and he even managed to teach me a few Arabic words!
The ride was lovely, through the trees next to the beach, past the ruins of an old palace and onto the beach for a couple of gallops.
I would definitely go back to Equi Evasion if I go back to Essaouira.

Amsterdam, Noord-Holland, Netherlands
“Wonderful experience, good qualified and friendly crew, well-kept horses”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

We had a lovely and perfect sunset tour with Equi Evasion a the beaches south of Essaouira. Allthough we were with 7 beginners they managed to give us tranquil and good horses, and special guidance for the children, when needed. I would really rcommend this activity when you stay a few days n Essouiara!

uk
“1hr camel ride with tea”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

I only chose to do this because by 5 year old really wanted to get a photo of herself on a camel, thought it sounded a bit cheesy but the whole family had a lovely time. Our guide Abdul was great, the camels walked across a beautiful deserted beach and when we stopped for a break there was a lovely picnic d
Laid out of biscuits, dried fruits and mint tea. It was definitely much better than I anticipated and a really nice thing to do with young kids.

Visited April 2013