“Great ride through the trees and on the beach” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Equi Evasion

Equi Evasion
Village of Diabat (3km from Essaouira) | Marrakech-Tensift-El Haouz Region, Essaouira 44000, Morocco
+212666780561
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #3 of 57 Activities in Essaouira
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: HORSE and CAMEL rides on the beautiful beach and countryside of Essaouira! 1h, 2h (very special: on sunset), half and full day rides with picnic.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Lancashire
10 attraction reviews
“Great ride through the trees and on the beach”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

I'm an experienced rider but my other half isn't too keen on horses so I booked a 2 hour ride in the evening when it was starting to cool down a bit.
I was picked up on time and taken down to the stables, where the guys chatted to me about the level of rider that I was and decided which horse I would be taking out and where we would ride.
My guide was great - very friendly and chatted in French and English and he even managed to teach me a few Arabic words!
The ride was lovely, through the trees next to the beach, past the ruins of an old palace and onto the beach for a couple of gallops.
I would definitely go back to Equi Evasion if I go back to Essaouira.

Visited May 2013

• Polish first
Amsterdam, Noord-Holland, Netherlands
“Wonderful experience, good qualified and friendly crew, well-kept horses”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

We had a lovely and perfect sunset tour with Equi Evasion a the beaches south of Essaouira. Allthough we were with 7 beginners they managed to give us tranquil and good horses, and special guidance for the children, when needed. I would really rcommend this activity when you stay a few days n Essouiara!

Visited May 2013
uk
“1hr camel ride with tea”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

I only chose to do this because by 5 year old really wanted to get a photo of herself on a camel, thought it sounded a bit cheesy but the whole family had a lovely time. Our guide Abdul was great, the camels walked across a beautiful deserted beach and when we stopped for a break there was a lovely picnic d
Laid out of biscuits, dried fruits and mint tea. It was definitely much better than I anticipated and a really nice thing to do with young kids.

New York City, New York
“Poor guide, temperamental horse..Probably better horse companies to go with...”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

I've been riding since I was 3 and always try to go for a ride whenever I'm on holiday.. I've ridden in lots of places from Nepal to Ecuador to New Zealand so am aware of the different standards of horseriding in different countries. I must say I was very disappointed with the 3 hour (1/2 day ride) we took with Equi Evasion yesterday. The driver picked us up to take us to the ranch.. half way through the drive he pointed at the guy in passenger seat and said he was our guide. The "guide" didn't even bother turning around to say hello.. we had to ask his name and introduce ourselves when we got out the car otherwise he would've just ignored us. My boyfriend is French so spoke to the guide in French which he seemed pleased about as he said he spoke no English. My boyfriend told the guide I was English though and knew little French and also that I had ridden before. Despite the fact that I even understand French the guide still made no effort to speak to me. I was given a temperamental horse who wanted to stay at the back and when we got to the open beach refused to move while my boyfriend who had very little experience was galloping down the beach with the guide. My horse got to the two hour trek point and stopped.. he refused to go any further even with a kick and a "Zeed" (Go in Arabic).. my guide then came and whipped him so he bucked a little before finally going further. The guide spent the whole time talking to my boyfriend and made no effort with me so I was left most of the trip lagging behind. Every other tour we've taken in Morocco they speak to us in English. My boyfriend said the guide was even speaking in broken French. I personally think it's irresponsible and dangerous to be taken out with a guide who you cannot communicate with.. especially for those who are beginners and don't know how to ride a horse. If anything happens and say someone loses control of the horse or falls off how would the guide be able to handle it? A 3 hour trip or even 2 hour trip is unnecessary as the ride back to the ranch is through the "forest and dunes" which is not scenic. I would only advise people to take the 1 hour beach trip just to see the beach around Diabat which is pretty. To be honest there is a ranch right next door called Ranch de Diabat which looked a lot more professional. If the guide was more friendly and spoke a little English then I would recommend the 1hour beach ride for the scenery.

Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
“Wonderful ride on the coast of Africa”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

My wife and I are not regular riders, but after this trip to Africa we are going to be.

We had two excellent rides (2hours each) along the coast, in the forest and through the sand dunes. The Guides were excellent and the horses well trained. We loved it. I have had ridden a lot as a young boy, but not much for the last 40 years. It all came back quickly. There are are few things to compare in life to cantering along the coast for 2 kilometer stretches..

We will be back there and plan to book a 6 day treck to Agradir!!! (check the song Ride to Agradir by Mike Batt.)

Thanks to the Riad Baladin in Essouaira, for arranging this for us. This was our most favourite Riad/ hotel in Morocco. Clean, friendly, great rooms, wonderful staff, nice terrace and great breakfast.