“Wonderful ride on the coast of Africa” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Equi Evasion

Equi Evasion
Village of Diabat (3km from Essaouira) | Marrakech-Tensift-El Haouz Region, Essaouira 44000, Morocco
+212666780561
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #3 of 56 activities in Essaouira
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: HORSE and CAMEL rides on the beautiful beach and countryside of Essaouira! 1h, 2h (very special: on sunset), half and full day rides with picnic.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
“Wonderful ride on the coast of Africa”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

My wife and I are not regular riders, but after this trip to Africa we are going to be.

We had two excellent rides (2hours each) along the coast, in the forest and through the sand dunes. The Guides were excellent and the horses well trained. We loved it. I have had ridden a lot as a young boy, but not much for the last 40 years. It all came back quickly. There are are few things to compare in life to cantering along the coast for 2 kilometer stretches..

We will be back there and plan to book a 6 day treck to Agradir!!! (check the song Ride to Agradir by Mike Batt.)

Thanks to the Riad Baladin in Essouaira, for arranging this for us. This was our most favourite Riad/ hotel in Morocco. Clean, friendly, great rooms, wonderful staff, nice terrace and great breakfast.

Visited April 2013

• Polish first
Ashby de la Zouch, United Kingdom
13 attraction reviews
“Could have been great but tour guide not the best”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

This trip should have been incredible. We went horse riding and stayed in a Berber tent for the night. We were given a very brief introduction to the horses and before we knew it we were trotting & galloping down the beach. I think this trip would be much better if you spoke Arabic or French as our tour guide spoke very broken English. It made it a little uncomfortable and we felt as if the tour guide didn't really want to be there and would prefer texting on his phone / speaking to other mates. He didn't give one single instruction to my friend who had never rode a horse before and it didn't feel 100% focused on safety as it should have been. There were some highlights - we had good food, watched the camels roam, saw the sunset on the beach and the guys played music to us around the campfire. We played games in the tent and had good fun at points. I think we were let down by having a young tour guide who would have probably have preferred to have been out with his mates.

Visited March 2013
Equievasion, Manager at Equi Evasion, responded to this review, April 18, 2013
Hello,
thanks for your review! We are always happy to get direct feedback form our clients and so we can take your mentionned points to retrain our staff.
We give young people from the village a chance to learn and work. Our guides do handle the horses well and get into good contact with our clients. I do agree that being on the phone too much is not adequate, (being out, sometimes they have to communicate to arrange with the colleagues at the stables, of course!), I am sorry about that.
Our guide is in process with learning English and he is continously improving. The horses are all well trained and the guide has a control on them, so savety is given: You have to be aware that riding remains a risk sport nevertheless, this is why we provide you with riding helmets and do employ good materials.
I am happy to hear that you liked the campside and the food and I hope you enjoyed the ride with camping and the beautiful nature though. Sunny greetings from Essaouira!
Shrewsbury, England, United Kingdom
14 attraction reviews
“Real adventure including sharing the tent with a baby goat!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013 via mobile

Two British females in their thirties, we chose equievasion due to great reviews in tripadvisor and the speedy, helpful and professional response from Claudia. We were the only people booked onto a 3 hour afternoon and overnight stay in Berber tent with camels and felt very lucky to be so as we heard sometimes the tents can be abit busy and it was great we didn't have to share with any snorers!!

Two camels... One each, my friend had Boris (after Boris Johnson) a rather lazy albino and I had the rescued from nomads Imil who was very characterful and did not want to be second in the train!!! We went through dunes and along the beach and past the famous castle in the sand. Not realising we were getting quite as sun blasted as we were, I advise plenty of sunscreen especially on your nose!!! Our guide made us feel very safe and comfortable... In fact the camels are much more comfortable to ride than I remember and I loved the rag rugs on their backs! We arrived at a very sweet little Berber tent decked out with plenty of mattresses, sleeping bags, blankets and cushions and enjoyed a mint tea and loads of yummy sweet pastries... And met a very inquisitive baby goat who had lost its mum! After taking photos of the subset we were treated to a delicious bowl of soup and chicken tagine with a glass of wine and then
Entertained by the camp fire with evocative local music played by some of the staff who appeared as if from nowhere! After a good nights sleep we enjoyed our breakfast before getting back on the camels for our short trip back to the stables and drive back to town. A must-do in essaouira, we were so glad we chose an overnight trip rather than just a day trip... It was a great introduction to the culture and lots if fun. Quad biking a couple of days late we saw Boris and Imil again... I felt somewhat jealous that someone else was riding 'my camel'! Clearly I'd become quite attached! I think it is easy to see why. Thanks so much for a fab trip!

Visited April 2013
London, United Kingdom
“Engagement proposal in the dunes of Essaouira”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

Claudia from Equi Evasion did an amazing job preparing a horse-riding trip and dinner in the dunes for us during which I was planning to (and did) ask my beloved girlfriend whether she wanted to marry me, as the sun was setting on the beaches. It was one of the most romantic scenes I could have imagined for this moment and Claudia was instrumental to make this an unforgettable night, making all the preparations without arousing any suspicion of my partner about what was about to happen. We will always keep that night in Essaouira in our memories and hope to have the privilge to return at some point in the future. We can highly recommend Claudia & Equi Evasion for anyone who is looking for a nice ride on the beaches or something special on top like ourselves.

Visited March 2013
London
6 attraction reviews
“Had fun as a large group out for a half day camel ride and lunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

Went with a large group for a ride on camels across the beach and dunes for a lunchtime picnic. Some of us shared camels. We were well looked after from start to finish and it was a lovely wind-down from the hard work we had put into the "Shore to Shore" festival

Visited February 2013