“Real adventure including sharing the tent with a baby goat!!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Equi Evasion

Equi Evasion
Village of Diabat (3km from Essaouira) | Marrakech-Tensift-El Haouz Region, Essaouira 44000, Morocco
+212666780561
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #3 of 57 activities in Essaouira
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: HORSE and CAMEL rides on the beautiful beach and countryside of Essaouira! 1h, 2h (very special: on sunset), half and full day rides with picnic.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Shrewsbury, England, United Kingdom
14 attraction reviews
“Real adventure including sharing the tent with a baby goat!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013 via mobile

Two British females in their thirties, we chose equievasion due to great reviews in tripadvisor and the speedy, helpful and professional response from Claudia. We were the only people booked onto a 3 hour afternoon and overnight stay in Berber tent with camels and felt very lucky to be so as we heard sometimes the tents can be abit busy and it was great we didn't have to share with any snorers!!

Two camels... One each, my friend had Boris (after Boris Johnson) a rather lazy albino and I had the rescued from nomads Imil who was very characterful and did not want to be second in the train!!! We went through dunes and along the beach and past the famous castle in the sand. Not realising we were getting quite as sun blasted as we were, I advise plenty of sunscreen especially on your nose!!! Our guide made us feel very safe and comfortable... In fact the camels are much more comfortable to ride than I remember and I loved the rag rugs on their backs! We arrived at a very sweet little Berber tent decked out with plenty of mattresses, sleeping bags, blankets and cushions and enjoyed a mint tea and loads of yummy sweet pastries... And met a very inquisitive baby goat who had lost its mum! After taking photos of the subset we were treated to a delicious bowl of soup and chicken tagine with a glass of wine and then
Entertained by the camp fire with evocative local music played by some of the staff who appeared as if from nowhere! After a good nights sleep we enjoyed our breakfast before getting back on the camels for our short trip back to the stables and drive back to town. A must-do in essaouira, we were so glad we chose an overnight trip rather than just a day trip... It was a great introduction to the culture and lots if fun. Quad biking a couple of days late we saw Boris and Imil again... I felt somewhat jealous that someone else was riding 'my camel'! Clearly I'd become quite attached! I think it is easy to see why. Thanks so much for a fab trip!

Visited April 2013

• Polish first
London, United Kingdom
“Engagement proposal in the dunes of Essaouira”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

Claudia from Equi Evasion did an amazing job preparing a horse-riding trip and dinner in the dunes for us during which I was planning to (and did) ask my beloved girlfriend whether she wanted to marry me, as the sun was setting on the beaches. It was one of the most romantic scenes I could have imagined for this moment and Claudia was instrumental to make this an unforgettable night, making all the preparations without arousing any suspicion of my partner about what was about to happen. We will always keep that night in Essaouira in our memories and hope to have the privilge to return at some point in the future. We can highly recommend Claudia & Equi Evasion for anyone who is looking for a nice ride on the beaches or something special on top like ourselves.

Visited March 2013
London
6 attraction reviews
“Had fun as a large group out for a half day camel ride and lunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

Went with a large group for a ride on camels across the beach and dunes for a lunchtime picnic. Some of us shared camels. We were well looked after from start to finish and it was a lovely wind-down from the hard work we had put into the "Shore to Shore" festival

Visited February 2013
North Shields, United Kingdom
“A family adventure”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

My partner, daughter (age 10) and I did the 4 day Argan Forest & Beach trek and what a fantastic time we had. Our initial enquiry and subsequent booking was handled by the lovely Claudia who came with us on the trek. Three Swiss girls made up the group and we had some good laughs. The horses were well looked after and sure footed on the route which took in varied countryside and sweeping beaches. We camped out two nights and one night in a villa, the food was excellent and we had music around the camp fire, many thanks to Hassan and Hussein. On the ride we were well looked after by Jawad and Claudia with plenty of guidance for us as beginners and for my daughter who has been riding a while. One of the best things we've done.

Visited February 2013
London, England, United Kingdom
“Would recommend the 3 day trek. Thank you Jawad”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

I booked a 3 day trek for two of us and we had an awesome time. The riding through the argan forest and later on the beach was great, and a lovely way to see Morocco. Galloping along the beach was the pretty scary but I would do it all over again.

The horses are very well cared for and Jawad is a great guide. Food and camp was great and we had everything we needed.

Thank you so much for everything and maybe one day I will have the chance to do it again.

Visited March 2013