“Lovely place” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #30 of 198 Restaurants in Essaouira
Cuisines: Vegetarian, British, Café, Tea Room
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget
Description: La Cantina Essaouira is an English cafe serving delicious home-cooked English and international food, juices and smoothies. Popular dishes include jacket potatoes, chilli con carne, vegetarian curries and stir-fries and the best burgers in North Africa! For those with a sweet tooth, carrot cake, warm banana bread drizzled with honey and fresh scones with jam and cream are an absolute must.
Samara
“Lovely place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

Spend 4 days in Essaouira and I stopped by every day. As a vegetarian I can't judge the burgers but I had a very nice curry. The terrace is a perfect spot to escape a moment of the busy streets nearby. Small plaza is such a charming place, I loved it! Very friendly staff, clean restaurant and bathroom.

• Visited October 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

“Nice Cup of tea was very welcome!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

It was our last morning in Essaouria and while having one last look around the shops I saw a sign saying 'English Tea!'
Well you could hear me scream with delight back in Marrakech I imagine as I was so happy.
I called my friends who were looking in a tile shop over and in we went into this tiny little cafe.

Once in there a familar accent greeted us, a lovely woman called Sharon from Sheffield, who said that they didn't open till 12 but if its just a brew that we want then take a seat! After days of mint tea which I am not a big fan of, a good English brew was most welcome!

Highly recommend if your like me and just sometimes crave the comfort of home! Small but perfectly formed!

Casablanca, Morocco
“Yorkshiremen get everywhere :)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

I loved every bite at this place, a british safe haven away from the hustle of the medina. Fantastic burgers and the portions are incredible. Definately try the cheescake with a banana strawberry smoothie to wash it down. Perfect.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Manchester, England, United Kingdom
“A great cup of tea!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

If you want a good bit of Northern hospitality and a great cuppa with a slice of cake or a scone with jam then La Cantina is the place for you. Although the idea of a Mexican/ British cafe seems a bit odd, it all worked perfectly well when we came across this place by chance during our recent trip to Essaouira. After several days of Moroccan mint tea it really was a welcome break to have a real pot of English tea served by Sharon from Sheffield! What more could you ask for?

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Filthy and they destroy our holiday!!!!!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012 via mobile

The "Best burger" sign started our exsitiment.....we had the burger og a orange juice.... Halv a hour later we Got VERY sick...DONT GO THERE....

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere