“Awesome time” 5 of 5 stars

Attraction Details
Montreal, Canada
“Awesome time”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

Initially thought it was expensive to "rent" a quadbike but this is so much more and worth every penny.

Personal guide
Quality quad bikes
All the proper gear (gloves, jacket, helmet)
Free DVD with awesome pictures the guide takes of you when riding
Awesome scenery and route

Highly recommend, really no negatives come to mind.

London, United Kingdom
“The experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

Certainly exceeded my expectations! What a great way to conclude our holidays in Morocco! When I was almost certain that nothing could surpass the camel ride in the Sahara desert, here comes the quad thrill... We were provided with jackets, helmets, gloves and the whole lot to begin with (which I felt a bit silly wearing, but realised the need of it pretty soon). The guide was excellent at building up the experience, firstly taking us through the safest routes to test our skills, and ultimately throwing us into the deep - the steep golden dunes by the Essaouira beach. I was taken by the scenery, which was a combination of desert and sea with endless dunes and miles of pristine beaches. The culmination of the experience was an unexpected little surprise - a pic-nic under the eucalyptus tree during which we were treated with cold wated and chocolate. Our guide was there to capture every single moment with his camera - he even taught us how to jump in synch in order to take the perfect snapshot. I also had the chance to drive by the beach for a little while, despite being absolutely clueless on how to go on about it. To conclude the nice afternoon, we were given the CD as remembrance to take back home. Highly recommended!

Visited June 2013
“Brilliant! Professionally organised quad bike trip.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

Recommended to us by our hotel, we decided to go on a 2 hour quad bike ride. Having never ridden one before I was a little nervous but I had no need to be. We were greeted with friendly smiles, then we were given hat, jacket, gloves and scarf to wear - all clean and crisply ironed. I thought this was a bit over the top but when we were driving back against the wind I understood (and was grateful for) the need for them. After the safety talk and the trial around the block we were soon following our friendly guide down the main road towards the beach. Ahh the beach .... miles of empty golden sand, just beautiful. We soon were joined by a lovely friendly dog that stayed with us for the entire two hours. I have never seen a dog run so fast, for so long, the guide gave him a bottle of water to drink and food to eat - Palma quad have kind of adopted him (or rather he has adopted them). Our guide was friendly and informative, constantly taking photos of us following behind him. I've never had so much fun in ages, even though some of the dunes seemed too steep I did it. Loved it! Would definately do it again. When we got back we waited for 5 minutes and watched a slideshow of the photos and then we were given a dvd with them on... and this was included in the price which was 900 dhm for 2. Money well spent. Book it... you won't be disappointed.

Guildford, United Kingdom
9 attraction reviews
“Fun, safe, beautiful!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

We did a 2hour trip with Palma Quad in April. The company is brilliant, very professional and competent. We always felt safe and very well looked after.
Quad biking is probably the most fun thing to do in Essaouira as it takes you through the dunes, along the beach and past free roming animals, such as camels and donkeys. Really great day and I can only recommend Palma Quad.

Visited April 2013
Bowie, Maryland
96 attraction reviews
“It was the best hands down! Thanks Rachid!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

Rachid is the best, He arranged for our pick-up from our Riad in Marrakech which is about a 2 ½ hour drive. His driver, didn’t speak English very well, but understood when we needed to stop and that I wanted to visit the Women’s Argan Oil Cooperative before we arrived in Essaouria. When we arrived at Rachid’s establishment he immediately offered refreshment and bathroom facilities. He then explained the safety issues and outfitted us each with a helmet head sleeve, scarf, helmet with shield, glove liners and gloves and a windbreaker sort of jacket. He explained the importance of each and dressed us himself to assure the fit. We were then walked over and given each an explanation of his quads and how to work them, what and what not to do. Then each of us were taken one by one and given a sort of test of skill. We then proceeded down the road and we were off.

I have to say, it was a great ride, we were never held back by the less experienced riders in our group, in fact, they caught on so quick, we were quickly given full rein. The ride was so wonderful and scary at the same time (the drop off the dunes) I will never forget it. And then if it couldn’t get more perfect, we stopped for lunch, OMG!! I thought what a beautiful place to take pictures….but then our guide was getting off and telling us to take our helmets off at which point we were each handed a straw hat. And as you looked down, there, right next to the water and the beautiful break of waves was our set-up of rugs and pillows…yep, our lunch! It was incredible and indescribable. What can I say, it was truly amazing…and the food! OMG…the food was so perfect, it rivaled that of the food served in our Riad (see review Riad Tamarrakecht). And it was cooked right there, we were served like V.I.P’s it was so wonderful, and we also had dessert with hot mint tea, it couldn’t get any better, we didn’t want to leave. We made it back up the side of the hill and back on our bikes where we rode a bit longer and then ended up at the horse stables. We were all given chaps to wear and put on our proper horses and well, this part of the excursion I felt was lacking. I had plenty of experience riding horses but the two girls I was with didn’t and they felt things were not properly explained making their experience more frightening than it needed to be. When our guide saw that I could ride, he would just yell out to me, turn left, turn right…that sort of thing and I was free to ride as I wished which was GREAT…but I felt I would have had more fun had I known where I was going to begin with. I always had to stop, look back for direction which for the most part, our guide was on his cell phone so didn’t always see me right away. I had a great time, the others not so much.

Rachid then picked us up and took us on a little tour of Essaouria and let us do some shopping. Essaouria is a pretty coastal beach town, but we got there kind of late and some of the historic places had closed. Probably our fault since no one hurried us along during our lunch. Anyway, we were given free back-packs and free DVD’s of our adventure and Rachid even remembered that an office mate of mine collects sand and he drove by the beach and collected it for me. We were handed off back to the driver that got us back to our Riad in Marrakech. Don’t hesitate to book with Rachid, he is warm and friendly and overall concerned about your safety and experience. We had the best time. Thanks Rachid!

Visited April 2013