“Free wifi and high standards of service” 5 of 5 stars

024 47 53 08
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #132 of 211 Restaurants in Essaouira
Good for: Romantic, Entertaining clients, Bar scene, Local cuisine, Doing business, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
El Dorado Hills, California
“Free wifi and high standards of service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

We had a lovely welcome by the waiter and unusually for Morocco very quick service. The restaurant is beautifully decorated and well looked after. For an extremely reasonable 130dhms we had 3 courses. The salad to start was delicious as was the fish main and fresh fruit salad for dessert. I would definitely recommend it.

Visited October 2012

Cramlington, United Kingdom
“great night”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012

great value, big portions and good tasting food. service was good and very friendly. located on the edge of the medina and was very accessable and easy to find

Visited July 2012
Olvera, Spain
“Beautiful atmosphere, genuine fine art on the walls, good food.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2011

We ate twice at this restaurant with a party of six and had the fixed price menu each time. We thought it was a very good deal, and we enjoyed the friendly service. The chicken lemon tagine was very good, and we had fresh fish several times, which we enjoyed also. Moroccan wines were very nice. We loved the architecture of the interiors, and the beautiful artworks on the walls. The staff were very friendly. I look forward to returning.

• Visited February 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Dublin, Ireland
“Worst experience ever! Avoid this restaurant at all costs!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2011

We went to Essouira for our honeymoon. We had been walking around looking for a more Mediterranean style restaurant and happened upon El Minzah. On the menu outside it said it had some pastas and risotto which i was dying for. The exterior looked very cosy and the interior look pretty with nice lighting. We were seen to our seats and staff were fairly friendly and smiley. We weren't given a menu and we must have sat there for about 10 minuets before we had to ask for one. We ordered a beer each, by the time we got the beer and drank it they still hadn't taken our order, At this point we should have just left but we were just very hungry. I ordered the lobster and basil risotto and my husband ordered a curry and rice, his was edible, but only just about, he was ravenous so ate it. I had a problem that they served me rice instead of risotto. Which as we all know, is a specific Italian dish. I called over a waiter to complain and he said he would get someone, after waiting a few minuets and the waiter avoiding our table my husband went to explain the problem to another member of staff. After about a half hour i start picking at the shellfish because i felt sick with hunger. Nobody came to attend our problem, or apologies. When my husband finished his dinner they took our plates and gave us the bill. We were absolutely furious, they had no time for us whatsoever, all they wanted was our money. They went on to explain that our version of risotto was very different to theirs. However if they had have attended to us earlier in the night i may have understood and i could have ordered a different dish. They didn't know how to deal with the situation at all. They bullied us into giving them money, with some very intimidating (friends of the business i assume) waiting behind us while we attempted to complain. They claimed I ate all of my dinner and had to pay for it. For the price that they were charging i thought it was an upmarket place to eat. I left starving and had to go find another restaurant to eat my dinner. The staff turned really nasty and they really upset us.

• Visited January 2011
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
University Place, Washington
“Good Moroccan food and relaxing atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2010

I can't imagine why people wait for tables at other places while this restaurant free. We had a fantastic meal here! The restaurant itself is lovely and features works by local artists on the walls - not kitchy like so many othere places in Essaouira. The staff was patient and attentive, and the food was delicious. The Moroccan salad entree is comprised of bites of seven different salads, all of which are great. My husband's sole was perfectly cooked (which was not the case at a different nearby reastaurant). They also serve alcohol and wine. DEFINITELY EAT HERE!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere