“Disappointed” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Restaurant d'Orient et d'Ailleurs

Restaurant d'Orient et d'Ailleurs
67 Bis, Rue Touahen | Proche de la Skala de la Medina, Essaouira 44000, Morocco
212 524 47 59 77
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #20 of 219 Restaurants in Essaouira
Cuisines: French
Good for: Doing business, Families with children, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dessert, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Wifi freeClosed on saturdayOpen from 18.30Menu at 90 dhs and 130 dhsFrench & vegeterian and morrocan cookingMorroco wine cardNo credit card accepted
London, United Kingdom
“Disappointed”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

What can I say about D'Orient et d'Ailleurs, number 1? In my opinion, NO WAY. It’s a nice place, good food and service, but nothing special. There was nothing in the menu that I thought I would love to have so ended having the fish tagine, one of the specials of the day. It was a bit boring and bland, I have to say. The place lacked ‘je ne sais quoi’, a bit too serious. From all the places we ate in Essaouira, I’m afraid I would put this restaurant at the bottom of our list. Don’t get me wrong, it was not that bad, it was just the other places we went to were much better.

Visited April 2013

• Arabic first
Bath, United Kingdom
“Really good cooking”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

Went here after being recommended by his wife at her restaurant round the corner, and weren't disappointed. Again, top quality cooking - really excellent seafood pastilla and veg pastries to start, followed by prawns, veg tagine, seafood gratin and seafood pasta, all of which were great.
Would definitely recommend during a stay in Essaouira.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
London, United Kingdom
“very nice”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013 via mobile

We ate here last night and were not disappointed, lovely ambience andlots of good food, my girlfriend couldnt fit a desert in.great service I would recommend it.

Visited April 2013
“Just wonderful!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013 via mobile

Can fully recommend this restaurant, we had the avocado salad and goats cheese salad for starter, the lamb tagine and veal for mains! It was also so nice to enjoy a bottle of the Meknes Cab Sav while we dined. Atmosphere and service was wonderful!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
London
“Amazing night of food and wine!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

My family and I went here on Tripadvisor recommendations and we were not dissapointed. We dine at lots of nicerestaurants and this was some of the best food and wine we have had. The atmosphere was lovely and the two bottles of wine we had were of a very high standard (especially the Cabernet Sauvignon red). If you are in Essaouira you must try it.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere