“My favourite restaurant in Morocco” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Restaurant d'Orient et d'Ailleurs

Restaurant d'Orient et d'Ailleurs
67 bis, rue Touahen | Proche de la Skala de la Medina, Essaouira 44000, Morocco
212 524 47 59 77
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #9 of 193 restaurants in Essaouira
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night, Dessert
Description: Wifi freeClosed on saturdayOpen from 18.30Menu at 90 dhs and 130 dhsFrench & vegeterian and morrocan cookingMorroco wine cardNo credit card accepted
Reading, United Kingdom
“My favourite restaurant in Morocco”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

We had an amazing meal here. I had the a beautiful fish starter that I had never had before. If we hadn't been leaving the next day I would have gone back for it again! My husband was going to order it for desert after he tried mine but was to full! I then had the fish tagine and it was really yummy. The decor is simple and nice with some lovely photos taken by the owner on the walls. The service was great and the place had a nice atmosphere. I want the owner and his wife to open up a restaurant where I live!!

94% Recommend
  • Arabic first
New York City, New York
“great food, reasonable price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

We had a great dinner here. The service was excellent and the food was great. The restaurant was quite clean and nicely decorated. The avocado salad was excellent as well as the duck, gambas with rice and fillet minion. They have a mixed menu so it's great to go to if you have had moroccan food for a few days and are looking to try something different as well.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
London, United Kingdom
“lovely meal great service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

had dinner here on a quite night and had a lovely meal it was nice to have avocado salad to start as felt like i hadnt had many vegetables and was sick of tagines so had a fish pie type dish which was lovely and my other half had a delicious pastilla. The owner was lovely helping us with our wine choice to suit the meal.He also gave us advice about where to go and recommended a taxi driver we could use which was realy useful as used him to got Val D'Argan and back to Marrakech another day. you can also eat at his wife's restaurant round the corner which guests in our hotel said was so good they had to go back.

Visited February 2013
Hindhead, United Kingdom
“A hidden Gem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

This small friendly restaurant provides excellent and beautifully cooked food from an interesting menu combining traditional Moroccan dishes and delightful French cuisine. Such a warm welcome, with an interesting mix of local and French music in the background. As someone who was having difficulties with the stairs of the roof terrace restaurants I benefitted from it being situated at ground floor level. Beautifully cooked food graciously served. We went 3 times in a 4 night stay in Essaouira as it could not be bettered. Reasonably priced by comparison with similar establishments. Excellent value. I am not sure if there was outdoor seating but have clicked there was.

Swindon, United Kingdom
“Try it, you won't be disappointed.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013 via mobile

The restaurant wasn't busy - sadly.
I do wish people would use Trip Advisor more, then I think this restaurant would be much busier..... But, then again, it might be too busy to serve the lovely food that I experienced. The Rose was good too.
Staff attentive and nice ambience.
I agree with TA high ranking.