“Beautiful Beautiful Horses” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #5 of 67 Activities in Essaouira
Type: Horseback Riding Stables, Adventure
More attraction details
Owner description: Zouina Cheval is a professional stable organizing authentic horse treks with nights in camp as well as horse and camel riding on the beach. Our trips allow participants to gain insight into the Moroccan way of life through contact with Moroccans and experience the unspoilt beauty and nature of the country. Rides from 1h to all day long on the beach. Treks from 2 to 6 days on demand. We will pick you up at your hotel and drive you to the stables.
Wolverhampton
“Beautiful Beautiful Horses”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012

This was our 3rd trip to Essaouira and of course we just had to book our beach rides for hours of fantastic scenery on much loved and well looked after Arab stallions. The stables at Zouina Cheval are a professional set up and Najib looked after us both very well ensuring we felt safe and had a great experience on both our rides in the forest and on the beach. Great value for money too!
I rode gorgeous Chocolat and my hubby rode Hidalgo (he’s pining for his horse right now while editing videos of us galloping along the beach!), if you like riding at speed then this is for you but remember you need to forget English riding techniques and do it Moroccan style, lean back and watch out for those hand signals because I swear those horses can read sign language!!! They are the best makes you want to go back just for the weekend.
In reply to an earlier review about safety we always ride in our hard hats however romantic it looks riding with the wind in your hair, saftey is always first, but our horses were on the beach with quads, kites, camels, other horses, barking dogs and in the forest with wild camels and they never flinched.
Whilst we were our teenagers went for the quad bikes and had a fantastic time meeting us later on the beach.
Love to everyone at the stables.

Visited July 2012

Falmouth
“100% safe for beginning but totally incredible for experianced horse owners too!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2012

Im not sure where to even start! This was without a doubt the best thing that me and my friends did during our time in Morocco and i'm still grinning from ear to ear when I think about the ride.

Abdul our guide was so friendly, chatty and proffessional. He took some incredible photos of us on the beach, including during a full speed gallop!

I have two horses myself and so am quite experianced but my two friends, although very capable- had no horse riding experiance. I therefore thought I was going to be in for a very slow and average ride. This was completely not the case, my two friends horses were kept calm and walked along the beach with the other guide, whilst Abdul and I hung back on the horses. He gave very clear instruction to stop 200meters behind the horses so as not to spook them- so it was all very safe and above board. I was very impressed that during a 2 hour ride they were able to cater for all riding abilities.

I wont even begin on the value for money. There is no way that back in the UK I could find any stables which offers the same value in terms of the quality of the horse, ethusiasm of the guide and the beauty of the trek.

I am truely in love with my horse, the grey called Kissme. All the horses that we rode were beautifully spirited with character yet never put a foor wrong during the entire trek and even my friends with no experiance felt 100% safe at all times. It is obvious that they have been VERY well trained and are cared for very well.

Without a doubt, I will be returning later this year, this time with my Mum, to go on the week long trek. Exciting!

I want to say a massive thank you once again to Abdul and the other guide (Im so sorry, I didnt catch your name!).

Cant wait to come back soon!

Sophie, (Helen and April)

Visited June 2012
london
6 attraction reviews
“a lovely morning out but book early....”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2012

I only booked our 2 hours ride afew days before arriving in Essaouira and with hindsight this wasn't the best move: I got the impression from their website and reviews that they had lots of horses and therefore any level would be appropriate : both myself and my boyfriend have ridden before but not for many many years and as such classed ourselves as beginners.
I was told this would be fine and we would have docile horses but this wasn't really the case : when we arrived it transpired that most of the horses were out on a 3 day trek and there were only a couple to choose from. My horse was quite spirited and was not very happy with having to go at a slow pace... this was made worse when we were taken along a section of the beach which also had quad bikes on : it was unclear if this was standard (surely not a good idea to mix quads & horses?!) or if we had gone further than usual but the net result was that my horse freaked out, reared and bucked until I came off..........it was only through pure luck from the way I fell that the worst I got was a sore bum and a mouthful of sand. Our guide was very apologetic and calmed the horse down fine so that I could get back on, but he did start to rear again about half an hour later when we were walking back through the forest - after this point the guide did lead my horse to make him behave.
The ride route itself was lovely - through varied terrain and across the wonderful beach, and there was plenty of opportunity for photos which our guide took for us. I felt that the horses were well looked after and clearly Zouina Cheval is a professional set up, it's just a shame that they didn't really have horses which were suitable for our ability : if we'd have had more docile steeds then it would have been a top class morning.

Visited March 2012
London
“Fabulous Gallops along the Beach!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2012

We had a wonderful time during a two hour ride with Zouina Cheval. The horses - berber arab stallions - were well trained and very well behaved. I was riding Espoir which was described to me as the horse version of a Ferrari. The moment we started galloping along the beach the comparison with a Ferrari became quite obvious - I have never been so fast on horse before! It was great fun and Espoir was very well behaved, easy to handle and responding immediately as I was asking to go back to canter or trot. For horse lovers this is an experience not to be missed!

Visited April 2012
Boston, Massachusetts
“Had a fabulous time!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2012

I booked a two hour camel ride for my teenage daughter, my 72 year old mother and myself (39 years old). We had the time of our lives! I believe our guide's name was Abdul. He could not have been more kind and patient and caring, both to us and the camels. We could clearly feel that he cared for the animals a great deal, and he wanted us to have a fabulous time. We rode through the forest brush from Diabat unto the beach just south of Essaouira. Abdul stopped a few times to take pictures of us on the camels at noteworthy spots (ruins of an old house on land, and ruins of an old Portuguese castle on the beach.) These are some of our favorite photos from our entire vacation in Morocco. As he lead, Abdul looked back frequently to make sure we were comfortable and happy. We had arranged with Sophie via e-mail to meet at 2:00 at the Cafe Henrdrix in Diabat. The taxi ride from Essaouira took just minutes, and Abdul was there with the camels to meet us 10 minutes early. Everything about the excursion was professional and delightful. I highly recommend Zouina Cheval.

Visited March 2012